It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France helped Iraqis escape to Europe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Syria will burn when the time comes. Syria has done enough damage to all.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well I remember Bush saying that whoever harbor's Saddam and his men are going to be a military target of the U.S.? So if the article is TRUE, then will Bush back up his statement and attack France?

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I heard today that they had the documents inside of Iraq wonder if they will ever make them public where the French cannot deny it. Wonder what this means in the world to come. I doubt this will break ties with France and the USA but just make us not as friendly towards them. I guess USA is like the brother to the world. The world might try to screw us and undermine us, but in the end well be the ones backing you up if they ever get into a fight

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Now what?!?!? I don't think this anti-France thing just poped up over night. Were the U.S and France ever really friends?!?! Or did they just put up with each other?!?! I'm with 10DeadInside10; is bush going to stick to his guns and put france on the axis of evil list?!?!? What would that do to world order?!?!? Bush and his cowboy tatics might just make us eat our words

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10DeadInside10
Well I remember Bush saying that whoever harbor's Saddam and his men are going to be a military target of the U.S.? So if the article is TRUE, then will Bush back up his statement and attack France?

I don't recall Bush saying that, would you like to post a link backing that up?

Are you referring to his speach on the Lincoln, when he said that those who support terrorists will be confronted?
If so then you could hardly say it means military action, there are many ways to confront someone.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Come on guys, I have talked about "Propaganda" before. So have others, so what if France decides to go against the US. Does anyone have any Propaganda explaining thier/Frances side of the story?

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yeah, I can expalin their side of the story. They were scoring big off of the oil for food program as was Germany and the UN was getting a % to administrate the program and we just screwed them out of it all. I'd say they are pissed and just trying to cut their losses as would anyone. Its a big blow to their economy that they have come to rely on over the last decade or so at a time when they are really having a hard time handling it. They are like every other country out there, worried about the bottom line and we in the US have also been known to put the screws to other countries when we are threatened economic or otherwise..ie..Taliban and Saddam. Just happened that France was backing the wrong pony at the time but I think they expected this to all blow over as it had done under Clinton for years. We'll all get over it and I'm sure the French are resourceful enough to take it in stride. They may even be dealing with Saddam to screw him royally cause the French are arrogant if nothing else and don't like losing....sheesh, by now they must loath it.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The Maritime Prefecture in Toulon said that almost certainly the pollution had been caused by a ship emptying tanks in the Mediterranean. Abdel Aissous, the deputy prefect, said. “Barrages have been installed and swimming has been banned.” The French Navy said that the worst of the oil was still at sea. A navy helicopter spotted two 300-metre slicks off Cap-Martin, between Menton and Monaco.

Now wonder where the ships came from and wonder why they had to all of the sudden purge their cargo into the sea? Sounds like a deal gone bad doesn't it? Oh Oh, trouble in paridaise.

Full Story here:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

dom

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Don't be silly astrocreep, I could just as easily turn round and say that this is a CIA operation to damage the French economy.

Where did that idea come from? The article doesn't mention a word about it being an Iraqi oil deal gone wrong...

[EDIT] Further - what does this have to do with escaping Iraqis? [/EDIT]

[Edited on 13-5-2003 by dom]

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dom
Don't be silly astrocreep, I could just as easily turn round and say that this is a CIA operation to damage the French economy.

yeah thats it, the evil Americans at it again? Whatever, the story got out and people read it. Thats the important part. I trust everyone to make their own judgements on what it means and on how it ties to the escape of Iraqis with the aid of France. I'm not going to argue it, just post it and let people draw their own conclusions. I know you'll probably come back with a witty reply as always(Kudos in advance) but the damage is done. people can't be made to un-read soemthing. Sat what you will. Have at it as the old saying goes.

dom

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Honestly astro, I'm not trying to be personal with you. I just don't see any link between the article you posted, and the idea that the oil spills are Iraqi oil.

The concept of the CIA causing the oil spill seemed similarly bizarre, but I thought was consistent with the viewpoint you'd expect me to hold, so I just had a joke about it by saying I could claim that with the same level of connection to the posted story. Was there some other basis to suggesting that this could be a deal between the "evil" French and the "evil" Iraqi's gone wrong?

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Alright then.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join