It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France helped Iraqis escape to Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
www.washtimes.com...

France helped Iraqis escape
By Bill Gertz
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

The French government secretly supplied fleeing Iraqi officials with passports in Syria that allowed them to escape to Europe, The Washington Times has learned.

An unknown number of Iraqis who worked for Saddam Hussein's government were given passports by French officials in Syria, U.S. intelligence officials said.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by William
www.washtimes.com...

France helped Iraqis escape
By Bill Gertz
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

The French government secretly supplied fleeing Iraqi officials with passports in Syria that allowed them to escape to Europe, The Washington Times has learned.

An unknown number of Iraqis who worked for Saddam Hussein's government were given passports by French officials in Syria, U.S. intelligence officials said.

Nice propaganda now its time to divide more the french and the american citizens with media crap like these....

Whatever neccesary to divide the massess.. Anyway is the goverment who decided (in case) to do it, not the citizens, again that is more against the people...

[Edited on 6-5-2003 by CoLD aNGeR]

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
In the article it says that France denies the allegations, which the Times notes is reasonable for the French to do, because it is obvious that they need to deny any allegation. Yet they go on to say that the only reason they deny the allegation is so the French can discredit the nation of America.

Well people, look real close and see for yourself who is trying to discredit who. Don't believe the lies. The men in Washington are nothing but Agents. They are here to corrupt the system. Tell me this, do these men of journalism have any proof????? Oh wait it's classified right???????

Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh......pardon me.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well, at least we know what the billion Saddam took with him was for....maybe France made up some of what they lost on the oil for food program. See, I told you all they'd not come out the losers. Good article William.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
the US accuses, France denies. Who's right? Who's wrong?

Gertz isn't exactly a tabloid journalist and the Wash Times isn't a tabloid. That's quite an accusation for the US to make though - especially if there wasn't any truth to it.

dom

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It certainly reads like tabloid reporting...

"
"France formally denies this type of allegation, which is not only contrary to reality but is intended to discredit our nation," she said. "It is certainly time for rumors of this type totally unfounded and a dishonor to those who spread them to stop."
The French passports allow the wanted Iraqis to move freely among 12 EU countries that are part of the Schengen agreement on unrestricted travel. Britain, Denmark and Ireland are not part of the Schengen pact.
"

The first paragraph is the French denial. The very next paragraph starts with "The French passports", not "The Alleged French passports", or "If the Iraqis did obtain French passports".

I had also heard that the washington times was a good media organisation, but unfounded rumours from administration officials aren't really very trustworthy these days...

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
These days, not much.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well, I will admit it isn't exactly the Iraqi information ministry when it comes to credibilty.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
is that we seem content to let Syria take care care of the problem...

Talk about letting the fox guard the henhouse....

dom

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
And the other option is... ?

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The other option is not an option we are willing to take right now. What else can we do but occupy???????

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
let the Isreali's get them....

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
"let the Isreali's get them" ---Garzok

I second this motion.

VzH

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
no comments.................
tired of war propaganda....................
tired of being the scapegoat of all the anti-wars (and there are numerous in the world, i salute the beautiful way how US medias succeeded in melting all the not convinced state in the french state)....................
tired of being the victim of boycotts and the renamed of french fries, racists jokes, Murdoch medias...................
tired of being insulted just because we said our disagreament on the iraq case, if there is a difference between an ally and a vassal i would like to know it..........
tired, yes tired, and you will notice that french didn t expressed anger and anti-americanism toward the US, and hopefully by didn t respond to you we avoided a kind of cold war.............

You ll see that none of these accusations are reals, if they were, it wouldn t be a media that would introduce the subject but LA HAYE...............

Look there are US soldiers in : Koweit, Afghanistan, Arabia Saoudia, Kurdistan and Irak in the ME................

Ask yourself : why iraqis do not trust the marines whereas they liberated them of Saddam?....................

France is not clean ( sold weapons in the 80' with the US to Saddam, and less however!!!) but is far to be the bad guy in the story.............

French people are culturally very close of americans, occidental country linked by hundred of common history, even if we don t have the same native language in common......................

US sanity and soul are in danger with Bush, believe me, do you realize how biased are US medias actually, how on the motives of terrorism and security all your freedoms and rights are reduced?..............

if not, send us back the statue of liberty we gave you, you do not deserve it anymore...............

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
No one here is trying to crusade against the French. We simply ask for the truth. We only want justice. We will give it to whoever deserves it, including ourselves. Or at least that is the way it should be but it isn't. If we sought real justice than many former high ranking US Government and Military officals would be in prison or dead from the hands of the executioners. Yet that is not the case so one must assume that other criminals like Saddam will get away too. So we here in America who seek freedom, liberty and the pursuit of happiness find great reverence in bringing justice to those who it is intended for. As I would suppose that people in France take reverence in too. For justice cannot be enforced unless it is just. What is just, is to give one justice. Ignoring war and death is not just. Therefore being passive and peaceful is really harmful to peace. I understand that war is bad, but so is watching war. We as justice seekers cannot allow others to fight and kill without paying the price. Everyone in the world deserves justice. No justice is done to a people who are ignored. We must not ignore anymore suffering and death caused by civil wars and what not. I love the idea of peace, but no peace will exist for me unless all is peaceful. Just because America doesn't live like Israel does, doesn't mean that America is good or better off for that matter. America needs to help other countries gain the air of safety we have here in this great country. We must fight for freedom. Otherwise the passivity will kill us all. Passivity towards Israel, and Africa. Passivity to terror and drug barons. Passivity to corruption. STOP THE CORRUPTORS.

V.................. if you think I am threatening you, then please U2U me and I will explain my stance on war.

[Edited on 6-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Saddam and sons are likely basking on the French Riviera sipping Mai Tais, and eating lobster and crack crab....

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It's interesting - France (allegedly) sells Iraq military parts, they have (allegedly) given Iraq intelligence about what the UK and US were doing. Not to mention French oil and military contracts. Gertz at the Wash. Times (and, like I said, Gertz isn't a tabloid journalist and I often feel hes a go-to journalist for the government) reports the French are giving Iraqis in Syria passports; perhaps so these Iraqis can't corroborate the aforementioned allegations?? All this after Powell visits Syria.

Syria sold France out

[Edited on 6-5-2003 by Bob88]

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I don't think you would call the Washington Times article "tabloid journalism". Obviously they do have something to back up their allegations.

Miind you 3 trucks with 1 bill dollars would be noticable when you moved them, and then taking it to france would require some planning.

But I agree, get the Israeli's in on it, they will find them quickly enough.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
NC, he's not driving to France, just the airport. After this incident took place he got on a plane for Belarus, c'mon, you're a Debka reader! (though, that story isn't there now, it's still here: 216.26.163.62...)

VzH

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join