It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky Dream Please Help!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by misse2miss

Most welcome. You will know best how that compares to your own experience over time. Everyone is different. Now you have experience with this. Return it to others if you ever get the chance.

regards,

intrptr

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I have the D&PP forum as a favorite, but I don't respond to posts very often. I am a dream analyst, and do interpretations upon request, but your Please Help caused me to read your post. After reading your OP, I felt obligated to give you a bit of advice:

i have a hard time falling asleep

I'll state up front that you have latent psychic abilities. Due to the information in your post that you provided, you have an overactive mind, which keeps you from just "shutting down" and going to sleep. Your mind wanders a lot when you go to bed, and there are many issues your mind presents to you before it allows you to relax and find rest. That is typical of people who have abilities, but haven't honed or addressed them yet. I'd recommend practicing meditation, and learn how to calm your mind, and focus your abilities.

im 21 btw

The perfect age to explore your own mind. Lucid dreaming is a topic you should google.

i feel like i am being lifted out of my bed

I can't stress enough that you need to research dream phenomena more. You are a prime candidate for Astral Travel, and this is a prime example. You are not really being "lifted" out of your bed, you are "leaving" your bed, to go exploring in the dream realm. It's a common misconception that you are not in control of this process. YOU ARE.

it didn't hurt at all it actually was pleasant but none the less it freaked me out.

Without knowing the result, it can be a freaky experience. With knowledge, it's not freaky at all. It is a very pleasant and enjoyable experience to choose and interact with your dreams. Remember, you are in control. It's your mind, and your dreams, and your choices.

I stress you may have paranormal abilities merely from the fact that your perceptions are so closely aligned. Your dream state closely coincided with your wake state. That's an overlap of realities, and to experience that so vividly leads me to believe you need to research the topic more.

Please, research Lucid Dreaming and Meditation on google. Your own mind will tell you the direction to take, what you feel comfortable with, and the path you should follow.

Meditation will help you fall asleep easier, and once your mind is calmed, you'll discover things about the dream world you never imagined before.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

wow thank you! My brother and laws friend practices rieki and she told me something very similar to this! Now that two people have said this i think this is something im going to explore! Thanks once again

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Remember, it's not the experience itself, but what it means to YOU. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
sounds like sleep paralysis/night terror type stuff,

I know the feeling of thinking you're awake, then something absolutely bizarre/terrifying happening.. out of body experiences, evil entities, etc...

Look it up, there has been at least a bit of decent research done into it and why it happens.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
i did look into it and my bf has been suffering from night terror's since he was a kid. I think thats why he was quick to tell me it was night terror. But i have looked into sleep paralysis for something that used to happen to me when i slept. but this isnt the same as that was.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Similar things have happened to me for years, but it is more of a sleep-paralysis event for me. Occasionally I will feel as if someone else is present. As I've gotten older I have learned to control my dreams a bit more, but as soon as I realize I'm dreaming I begin to wake up.

The times I dream about sleep-paralysis I try to wake myself up, but to no avail. In my dream I am fully aware that I'm asleep and dreaming, but during these specific dream-states I can never seem to wake myself up. The fear comes as soon as I feel there is someone else in the room.

I have always lived by myself, so the presence of someone else triggers the alarm bells instantly. It's an odd sensation for me because when I wake up I am absolutely 100% convinced someone or something else was in the room as well.

I am an Athiest, who believes in UFO's (go figure) but sometimes my non-spiritual-belief is tested. Recently I went to sleep with sore ribs. They had been sore for about 4 days and it affected both my upper mobility and my breathing. One night when I went to sleep I felt someone else was in the room, I tried to wake, but was paralyzed, and soon faded into unconscious sleep.

The next morning when I woke, my ribs felt perfect. They weren't bruised anymore and I had full upper body mobility and could breathe without pain. When you get to your mid forties and have carried a lot of injuries through life, a morning without pain is good. That was about a month ago and my ribs are still good.

Eventually in life you get to a point where you question such events including your own sanity. I can't explain this in any way. I try to convince myself it was some kind of Alien interaction, but somewhere deeper in the back of mind, I reserve the smallest belief that a God could exist. After all who else can I thank for taking that pain away.

If I can offer you any sort of advice concerning your experience it's this
Don't let other people cheapen your experience by allowing them to convince you that it was just a dream.
Alternatively don't let other people (like myself) try to convince you it was an Alien interaction or a sign from God.
Simply trust your instincts. If your convinced this was something more than a dream then it was. I hope this wasn't a scary experience for you, because if I'm right it won't be the last time it happens.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

it wasnt at all scary just freaky.

When i read your statement i reminded me of something my grandmother used to say.

If you have the faith of a mustard seed you can do many things. Because god walks with you.

I went through this stint where i didnt believe and it was a tough time through my teen years. I finally broke down to the lowest i have ever been and at that moment i realized there was something ( i was 19 btw) else. The next day i asked my grandmother to move in with her and since that day my life has gone no where but up. I know its because i let him come back into my life.

But i do not go to church i do not pray in groups it is a special relationship that i just have with him.

This may sound crazy but my grandmother passed away this past may and i went to the hospital to view her body. I dont know if any of you have seen a loved one who passed away before the viewing. But there is one thing i know for certain the body laying there was not my grandmother you could tell she was gone.

It only concreted my belief that their is a soul and there is a god we are spiritually connected to.

But everyone needs to find him themselves i'm not here to preach

As for evil presences i have felt that my entire left as if it was following me around. It will fade away for months at a time but then it is there again.

As for the other night after doing tons of reading in the last few days i still can not explain it but i know what i was experiencing wasnt a bad thing.

I really appreciate everyone who took the time to comment on this forum thank you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join