It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Manson, the death of the Counter-Culture, and the birth of false flag murders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

birth of false flag murders

Always seems to be a theme surrounding these false flag murder trials that targets a group. Back when personal computing was still in its infancy, and electronic bulletin boards were accessed with 300 baud modems there was a strange west coast murder trial. Lawrence Bittaker teamed up with a "prison" mate to rape and murder young girls. Their MO was taking lots of pictures and torturing the girls with coat hangers. Not sure what group such a murder trial might target, but the trial seemed a little surreal like the Manson media event only it wasn't as well published except on the West Coast.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

Just like how the Manson family murders seemed to target people in the entertainment industry at first glance. They really played up the Sharon Tate thing. Roman Polanski's wife. I find Polanski to be a suspicious figure in all of this...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Apparantly Manson had some form of human potential training, just enough to loosen him up and bring out his inner jerk. If he had kept up with it he may have gone far without the drama. In one of his later tv interviews I recall him saying that the public needed a personaification of evil, as they do in every generation or two, and he took on that role. He also recalled that he never killed anybody himself (just talked other people into doing it, the second night he personally tied up the older couple and then left the house before the murders took place), and that he'd actually kill someone as much as he'd eat a hamburger (Manson was, is?, a vegetarian, giving both hippies and vegetarians a bad name. Thanks Chucky). I would guess that if he got out of jail and gave a speech he'd attract many thousands of people to boo or just listen to him. Jeez, imagine if you were in one of the cells next to Manson. Talk talk talk, all day long, probably couldn't shut the guy up.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Funny you mention that. Manson at one point was involved in Scientology. He declared himself clear, after reading dianetics in prison. Eventually, he came to the conclusion that it was too crazy for him. Now that says something, being too crazy for Charlie Manson. There are some schools of thought that claim that Manson adapted some of what he learned from Scientology in order to better control people. That is, if you want to go that whole, "He was the best cult leader ever" route, which is mostly a bunch of lies sold by a man named Bugliosi.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

He may have gone partially clear from self-work, but he obviously didn't change his hard-wired decision patterns enough to learn to not use his friends as revenge tools, to not try to control someone else to the point of ordering murders (most leaders of governments at war fall into the same category of functional psychopath), and to not quit his training when he bumped into stuff he didn't want to handle. Manson seems like a powerful personality, from the old interviews I've seen of him, and he did talk teenagers into slaughtering people for him. Would have fit right in with the warring class.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

most leaders of governments at war fall into the same category of functional psychopath

Comparing the role of Charlie Manson to someone like Adolph Hitler would be like comparing a Bar B Que fork to Hitlers custom flatware with the Greek insignia. They were both artists but Hitler got most of his one liners from Nietzsche. Have to agree though Charlies rantings and Mein Kampf were intended to animate a similar type of Bot.

edit on 8-1-2013 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a false flag operation is when a nation attacks itself, and blames an enemy so they can fire up patriotism, and start a war

the attack is done under a "false flag"

please stop using it for every conspiracy event that doesn't involve one nation invading another

please

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Tell that to the Scientologists!
second

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauliflower

Mind you, this was back during the days that Scientology wasn't quite the money machine it is now. It was back during when it's whole mask of sanity hadn't slipped and folks thought it was something akin to a self help group. Kind of like Synanon. Involved in both? Harlan Ellison... Now that was weird. But I digress.

I suspect that's where some of Manson's mind games came from. Just because someone's crazy doesn't meant they're stupid.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
In a lot of ways, the Manson family were one of first killers made into front page names. The media exacerbates the problem, most of the time, plastering the faces of the latest killer of the week. Killing folks shouldn't be a way to get fifteen minutes of fame. Without looking them up, how many mass murderers can you think of offhand? Way too many, because it's getting worse.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
While I was not yet born in the days of the "Manson family" at Barker Ranch; I have read and viewed a lot of material about it.

For years I have believed that if those crimes occurred today that it is highly unlikely that Charles Manson would be convicted of the charges which he is incarcerated. I'm not suggesting that he would be a free man but definitely not convicted of those charges.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Well, of course. And if all the evidence had turned up, they'd have probably executed Tex Watson. But they were all a bunch of contrary counter-culturalists, and weren't intending on giving up to the police without a fight.
They were all crazy, but since when has it been a crime to be crazy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join