It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this ?? Found on Google Mars. Possible Unknown surface anomaly on Mars??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by smurfy
I see what you mean, but that could be just bad work by Google, with slightly different resolutions.

False. I increased the sharpness on the ENTIRE picture, and highlighted the ENTIRE picture. If the craters had these fine lines around them along with a little blur, then yes, there could be some skepticism this picture is real.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that this was a cut and paste job. I do photo editing in my own free time (not UFO stuff) and so I am familiar with Gaussian Blur techniques and tracing.

I have no doubt in my mind this is fake. Unless you use Google Mars and prove otherwise, this picture is a HOAX!

False what, I'm agreeing with you??

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT
Came across this article on an apparent object/unknown surface anomaly on Mars , looks interesting , do not know what it could be, that is if its not down to a simple camera glitch or Google gremlins. Just throwing this in the mix to see if any member can maybe see something that can shed some light on this or offer some insight to either put this down to a genuine unknown surface anomaly or mundane explanation,did a ATS search and nothing came up i may add.Images and video from link source provided below as well as some text.

Date of discovery: January 7, 2013 Location of discovery: Mass Wasting, Southern Hemisphere, Mars

Waring writes, “I was looking over Google Mars and discovered what looks like the equivalent of the Star Wars land cruiser. You can make out the shape and structure very well and even the two vertical wings in back. Using Google Ruler I found that the craft is 61 meters from nose to end, 33.3 meters from tail to tail, 29.23 meters wide and 4.8 meters thick.”

He placed a marker near it and labeled it “UFO crash. “If you paste that into the search box you may find it easier, or you can paste the Longitude and Latitude into the search box and it may work. The grey photo part of the map is called “Mass Wasting in Southern Hemisphere crater,” says Waring Latitude: 29°28’14.39″S Longitude: 172° 7’55.46″E

link; ______beforeitsnews/beyond-science/2013/01/ufo-crash-discovered-on-mars-61-meters-long-2440504.html

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

I like the video, does seem to be an authentic anomaly worth studying but like so many, are blurred on purpose more than likely because of the Brookings Institute Report. Though tiny, the tons of rockers that are on ATS I have to part ways. Good find though tiny ! There is definite structure to it. The two protrusions at the back on each side, the object in the middle. Sorry rockers, not at all in line with your way of thinking on this.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

I see what you mean, but that could be just bad work by Google, with slightly different resolutions.

False. I increased the sharpness on the ENTIRE picture, and highlighted the ENTIRE picture. If the craters had these fine lines around them along with a little blur, then yes, there could be some skepticism this picture is real.

IT IS ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that this was a cut and paste job. I do photo editing in my own free time (not UFO stuff) and so I am familiar with Gaussian Blur techniques and tracing.

I have no doubt in my mind this is fake. Unless you use Google Mars and prove otherwise, this picture is a HOAX!

False what, I'm agreeing with you??

You made no clear statement about agreeing it is NOT a UFO.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If you make your picture really small you will more clearly see what it is,
a small crater with a bump in the centre intersecting the much larger crater, or ledge..

Hopefully some day we will get our hands on razor sharp pictures of both the Moon and Mars.
edit on 8/1/13 by Donegal_TDI because: to edit

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join