It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride in toothpaste. Baking soda as an alternative?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I've been using Tom's fluoride free for 7 or 8 years now. My teeth are in very good shape, with some fillings from my teenage years, but no cavities since then. I do not use the whitening version of the toothpaste, as it is more abrasive and causes my teeth to become sensitive after a while. I use baking soda about once a week to make them whiter, but using it too often causes sensitivity just like the whitening version of Tom's toothpaste. I prefer the Fennel flavor, as its flavor does not interfere with the taste of food and drink the way mint does.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Fluoride free is the way to go. I don't think it is healthy in any amount

There are some other great companies with fluoride free tooth paste such as Jason (which I use and uses sea algae ) and I can find this at my local super mart and Toms, but even some of Toms contains it as well.

My spouses grandparents used baking soda for both of their entire lives and both had a full set of teeth until he passed and she still has hers.

I also noticed that when I stopped using fluoride that i've had much more vivid dreams which I actually went a year without even remembering one, dream journal beside the bed and all. I also have heard the same thing from a friend of mine who also cut out fluoride from her daily use as well.

Luckily we don't have fluoridated water where I live

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

i was happy to get off the flouride, helps you to think straighter!

i don't find it to be abrasive, and my teeth [gums?] are not sensitive to it.

it could be due to my brushing technique ...
only brush food 'out' of your gums.
not back and forth , not up and down.
brush only down [from gums] on top teeth ...
and only up on bottom teeth.

brushing toward the gums pushes food [and plaque] into them. that is the likely cause of gingivitis
[loose pockets in your gums] and plaque in your arteries.

also ... you can use '20 mule team borax' to, no not to brush with! to remove floride from your body!
i can't find where i bookmarked it ... maybe you can google it if intrested.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Tom's is my choice. It's pretty strong, though.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Swanson Vitamins NEEM TOOTHPASTE

flouride free

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
S & F. I've been using baking soda and the occasional HO2O to keep my teeth healthy. I've not had a single cavity in the entire time. Ten years.

I'm in my forties now and have great looking teeth due to my change in cleaning habits. Also, I use a Sonic Care toothbrush as well. No gum problems, no breath problems and people always comment on my teeth...and I'm a smoker! Bright white teeth at the fraction of the cost.

So many people pay to have their teeth whitened, capped and by alternative shelf means. Baking soda costs nearly nothing per day. Need an extra boost to whiten....add hydrogen peroxide (carefully).

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chericher
I've been using Tom's fluoride free for 7 or 8 years now. My teeth are in very good shape, with some fillings from my teenage years, but no cavities since then. I do not use the whitening version of the toothpaste, as it is more abrasive and causes my teeth to become sensitive after a while. I use baking soda about once a week to make them whiter, but using it too often causes sensitivity just like the whitening version of Tom's toothpaste. I prefer the Fennel flavor, as its flavor does not interfere with the taste of food and drink the way mint does.

I cannot find the fennel toothpaste anywhere. Tried it once and loved it, but it is no longer available where I bought it. Any suggestions.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

You can get it online at Tom's website. Second line.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I use this recipe for my toothpaste. It tastes like regular toothpaste, but without all the crazy # in it. suburbhomestead.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Thank you all so much for your responses! It helped a great deal!

Now, do any of you use mouthwash? If you do, which ones have worked best for you? On one of the linked website's sources, I found that because some of the mouthwashes have alcohol in them, they have been linked to oral cancer. Thank you so much for your help!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join