It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's 2013...Soon you can apply to colonize Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think Mars is preferable over the Moon for one very good reason: the existence of water. Ice appears to be more common on Mars in the temperate zones, whereas on the Moon ice seems to exist mainly in the polar caps.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
They do plan on the astronauts reproducing.

It will also become necessary to decide on basic aspects of human social organization such as the nature of family structure and, when children are born, methods and content of education.

There's so much info on the site. They even talk about the possibility of televising the first Mars wedding.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I wonder how much real estate will be on mars. I wouldn't mind investing in an acre or two, now, before the demand gets too high. Then I can sell it

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I can't imagine why Mars estate would generate any kind of demand. We wouldn't know the first thing to do with it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Few weeks back on History Channel or H2 (can't remember) was a lengthy show about the mission in Mars, what are the possibilities, options and how long it will take to reach it, stay there and come back. Everything is thought out in details and with the current technology and also what Mars offers, is possible for astronauts to live there without needing supplies from earth. They can grow their own food, extract their own water and especially their own oxygen. Greenhouse will be one of the ways. Educate your self before making comments of this kind...

which has only been tested on Earth. Anyone taking a one way trip with technology that they depend on to survive that has never been tested in the environment where it is supposed to work is , quite simply, an idiot. Unless they happen to pick astronauts who have a lifetime of amazing luck.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

I will apply to go. I mean this is the opportunity of not only a lifetime but the opportunity of millenia! I guess training will be hard but it is worth it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I asked my 5 year old if he wants to go and he had three questions. I was impressed with the order he asked them in...

1. Is there water there?
2.What will they eat?
3.What will they play with?
edit on 8-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Another world. Good place to die... will set a new mark!! Not so bad... we are good in that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Cool I am applying to the program.. Humans need to expand we cannot put all our genetic eggs in one basket..All it would take to wipe us out is one asteroid..

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Mars - once there, there is no way back to Earth !!!

Is this another Stanley Kubrick production..?
Hoaxed Lunar landings and now Hoaxed Mars landings.
Televised to boot!
What a way to strip the 'usual suspects' of their hard earned Benjamin's
while being entertained !

Muhahaha - Someone had to say it !!!

Seriously, I would go in a heartbeat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
going to submit an application when they become available.

one query thou....how do we know this is actually for Mars?

Could be a great cover story to get people to apply and for "them" to choose the best people to send somewhere else.

Might be another dimension or even another time to repopulate, Mars being the excuse.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm set up and ready. I've contacted them, I'm ready to go.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Do they even allow vodka on Mars?

Well, given that fuels will be scarce in a planet such as Mars, I would bet waste vegetable matter would be used to make alcohols to burn.

done just right and you get vodka !

and you burn that in a different manner

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

Wrong. It temporarily depletes the human stock

A few less people to bump into.

I'd easily go. I've seen that show life on mars. should be fun!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

Well... its not that hard. Lets see if I can help you answer those to your 5 year old.

1. Yes there is.
2. Theres something called eco-domes. They have is bubble-like shape made of these geometric forms that can completely isolate the inside from the outside, no matter what the outside is.
3. Well... they will play with... hes not old enough for you to answer that question - start with "the bees do it, the doggies do it, even mommy and daddy do it... so ppl on mars with nothing else to do will DO IT A LOT - at least according to the ATS member who wrote this... he said that he and 3 hot female astronauts would have a LOT to play with on mars".

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So glad you posted this. I'm putting my email address in for the newsletter and I'm seriously considering it when they start the application process sometime this year.

Boy would my wife be pissed!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
One would imagine colonizing mars will to some extent include terra formation processes. Sign me up

Probably something more like a biodome.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm not going to apply because I have a feeling they would end up picking me.

No, I like Planet Earth far too much in reality..

On the other hand, I would like to be one of the first humans to explore the digital realm, when it's created.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
If this project had any real weigh behind it and was really going to go ahead , then why hasnt Zubrin been involved with it !

Mars has been his dream for ages ! You'd thinkt that he would be involved and his launch program would be the one to used to goto mars and make it habitable !

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Greetings ATS

I get motion sickness when im not actively controlling the vehicle , so me being shot into orbit attached on a rocket would not go well for the mission as my last meal from earth wil probably wind up on the Flight Controls.
But actually to be on mars would be fantastic , you wont be bored if you like to discover new stuff , but a one way trip would feel wierd for me , when i am going away for holiday or anything else i always like the fact i have a home to go to , but i would go for 3 years to travel to mars and 3 years back to have this experience.

Off we go again with our ships to Embark on great deep oceans and far new worlds , only difference is that now there is no limit to what we can explore

TheGreazel.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join