It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan police 'grudge behind hacker campaign'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Japan police 'grudge behind hacker campaign'

au.news.yahoo.com

TOKYO (AFP) - A computer hacker who taunted Japanese police for months with a string of vexing cyber riddles launched the campaign as part of a grudge against authorities, media reports said Tuesday.

After cracking a set of riddles, police in Tokyo reportedly found a digital memory card attached to a cat's collar which revealed a message saying "a past experience in a criminal case" had caused the hacker to act.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
au.news.yahoo.com
www.wired.co.uk

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I am right into this story, a series of clues, hardboiled detectives trying to crack the code (and extract confessions from innocent people), revelations leading to more mystery. This hacker reminds me of the riddler, I wonder what happened to the cat? What was the grudge he was holding? Perhaps he had a confession extracted from him by Japans finest in the past. Whatever his motives and as cool as the story sounds with all the mystery and the kittens the guy threatened people so he's a terrorist, and possibly a pussy.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by twisted-timothy

Whatever his motives and as cool as the story sounds with all the mystery and the kittens the guy threatened people so he's a terrorist, and possibly a pussy.

Or you could say he's giving hope to people who feel battered down by the TPTB, a message to them that they can't do what they want. Not saying that is the case, but you can probably bet that not all the details in this case are public and some of the information released by the authorities may not be all that truthful either.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Second Gig

In related news, the National Police Agency has released a photograph of the suspect:

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of this individual is advised to contact Public Security Section 9 immediately.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

this is "WTF Japanese" and Freaking awesome all rolled into one.....

You see what anime does to you....it makes you awesome.....

Nice.

EDIT:

In December 2012 the National Police Agency (NPA) -- Japan's central law enforcement body, comparable to the FBI in the United States -- offered a bounty of ¥3m (£21,000) for a hacker who had been sending emails from computers around the country containing bomb threats against schools and kindergartens, including one attended by the grandchildren of Emperor Akihito
www.wired.co.uk...

OH wait....I hope either they made that up, or HE did. That is not cool.....AT ALL....

Up in the air with this one. The cops already lied and forced confessions out of 4 other people according to the sources of the OP, so I dont know if this guys MO is really bomb threats. If they did make that up, then they really messed up by lying, TWICE. If he did, then he is a little crazy.....

edit on 8-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

you can probably bet that not all the details in this case are public and some of the information released by the authorities may not be all that truthful either. :up
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Especially if you can't even count on thier extracted confessions. The hacker got away, the only evidence left is the cat, who knows, maybe he's not real and it was a false flag story. But my money is on genetically engineered superintelligent hacker Kitty.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Damnit, you beat me to it!

Who originally said life imitates art?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Could be a false flag to be blamed on some convenient patsy to lock down the internet.
Why the goofy riddles? Same tired old batman themes and stuff.
This looks like a false flag.
Maybe the hacker/terrorist is just showing off.
Well why try to pick on a school with children? Why?
Maybe they paid a hacker to hack themselves just to cause this.

This smells like government sponsored BS.

If this was an actual real hacker couldn't he have hacked someone else's machine and set them up to look like they did it?

edit on 8-1-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
well, knowing how cops are outside of my homeland, they dont always do things by the book, nor do they ever tell the truth.(not that they do here either mind you heh, its worse in other parts of the world) although it is reported he made threats against schools, why wouldnt they use and exact quote from one of the "bomb threats"? they could manage to get some quotes that were not so evil, but cops wouldnt give up a quote that would also anger locals? highly doubtfull.

if no one has been hurt other than the cops pride........ i say god for him.

new topics

top topics

join