It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Django Unchained

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Thanks for the Idea.I found it on u-tube ,my sisters and I are the one's with all that blond hair.Mom will flip she has been trying to get a copy for years.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Lol so cute

Looks like you all had a great time
I bet your Mum sheds a tear

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I agree with the OP, fantastic movie I've seen it a couple times now, certainly worth it's nominations although I feel there are a couple of 2012 movies which were better, it's definitely up there and if anyone is offended by it - and I mean particularly those white people that get offended by everything - then it's really not for them.
edit on 11/1/13 by Ramcheck because: typo

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Dude how your date go??? I hope it went well!!!!

I also watch this film, I think it is an amazing piece of cinema, one of the best file I have seen in a while. Yet if you see the interview of Tarentino with Christian Guru Murphy (Channel 4 News reporter(UK)) turned kinda grim. It seam like Mr Tarentino was kinda upset for some reason.

Link ----> Here

edit on 12-1-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity

I also watch this film, I think it is an amazing piece of cinema, one of the best file I have seen in a while. Yet if you see the interview of Tarentino with Christian Guru Murphy (Channel 4 News reporter(UK)) turned kinda grim. It seam like Mr Tarentino was kinda upset for some reason.

Link ----> Here

I saw that on Young Turks, grim indeed. And my first thoughts are it is the end of a no doubt exhausting world wide trip promoting the movie and Quentin was in no mood for controversial questions. His interviews on Howard Stern and Craig Ferguson were electric.

Krishnan Guru-Murthy is known as a very provocative interviewer, he perhaps went there with an agenda that wasn't too healthy to begin with.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Link ----> Here

I saw that on Young Turks, grim indeed. And my first thoughts are it is the end of a no doubt exhausting world wide trip promoting the movie and Quentin was in no mood for controversial questions. His interviews on Howard Stern and Craig Ferguson were electric.

Krishnan Guru-Murthy is known as a very provocative interviewer, he perhaps went there with an agenda that wasn't too healthy to begin with.

Well I see you point i would categorize him as provocative but i understand you point as he can be and i have seen him be quite viscous in some interviews. but to me it didn't seam to offensive, just more like himself,

Saying that I'm not sure on the previous question he asked!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

My date called it off because I refused to her pal to shave my facial hair off
"It is everymans right to grow facial hair!!!".

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Ha yeah well if they like there men smooth and hairless like boys that's their messed up problem
Some women just prefer that to MEN!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Link ----> Here

Here's why it went badly: For 20 years Quentin Tarantino has had to answer that questions about violence in media and violence in real life. It's not a new question. And because of Sandy Hook he's been asked it over and over again on this press tour. Terry Gross just asked him about it recently. The difference is when Tarantino seemed displeased about the question she changed her line of questioning. She didn't press him over and over. If this were some new question or issue, I could understand Murphy pressing him, but it's not. It's old.

There's also the part where Murphy says that it's a serious news program, not a film show and they dealt with serious issues. That's incredibly insulting to a director to say that movies and art aren't serious business. QT was right to go after the guy. He's being berated and insulted.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

. Most slaves were treated very well, not being beaten constantly and ripped apart by dogs.

Are you being serious? Slaves were treated like dirt.... they were not seen as humans. You need to educate yourself...

When European nobles visited George Washington at Mt.Vernon they were shocked at the slaves living conditions and how they were treated by him.

But you know...this movie was just making up stuff...they didn't put slaves in those creepy collars

edit on 12-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Anyway, Django was a really good movie.

I was kinda disappointed in the ending though, it felt like it was thrown together, but still good overall.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

See what I mean

It's like people either do not care, are stupid or want slavery to be ok....
Either way shame on them.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That Jamie Fox smile made it for me at the end,I have seen it 3 times now.

The bit when Dr King introduce's himself and his horse Frizt and the horse nods and goes prrft (:lol
cracks me up.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i love QT's movies for sheer entertainment... i aint seen Django unchained, though the old Django spaghetti westerns are fab.... gotta love the upsetters tunes about him too

and oh yeah, slavery is grreat????? wtf?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I think Django was supposed to be inspired by this guys real life story...

Dangerfield Newby (1815 – 1859) was the oldest of John Brown’s raiders, one of five black raiders, and the first of his men to die at Harpers Ferry, Virginia.[1] Born a slave in Fauquier County, Virginia, Newby married a woman also enslaved. Newby was later freed by his Scottish father, but his wife and seven children remained in bondage.[2] A letter found on his body revealed the motive for joining John Brown and the raid on Harpers Ferry.

Newby’s wife was the slave of Jesse Jennings, of Arlington or Warrenton, Virginia. She and her children were sold to Louisiana after the raid. Newby had been unable to purchase the freedom of his wife and seven children. Their master raised the price after Newby had saved the $1,500 that had previously been agreed on. Because all of Newby’s other efforts had failed he hoped to free them by force. Harriet’s poignant letters, found on his body, proved instrumental in advancing the abolitionist cause. Newby was six foot two.

On the 17th of October, 1859, the citizens of Harpers Ferry set to put down the raid. Harpers Ferry manufactured guns but the citizens had little ammunition, so during the assault on the raiders they fired anything they could fit into a gun barrel. One man was shooting six inch spikes from his rifle, one of which struck Newby in the throat, killing him instantly. After the raid, the people of Harpers Ferry took his body, stabbed it repeatedly, and amputated his limbs. His body was left in an alley to be eaten by hogs.[3] In 1899 the remains of Newby-plus remains of nine other raiders-were reburied in a common grave near the body of John Brown in North Elba New York.

Dangerfield Newby’s descendants are still alive today; Tyler Newby currently lives in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. Josh Newby lives in a suburb of San Francisco, California and Drew Szrom lives in Massachusetts.

The following letter was found on Dangerfield Newby's body after the failed Harpers Ferry raid:[4]

BRENTVILLE, August 16, 1859.

Dear Husband.

I want you to buy me as soon as possible for if you do not get me somebody else will. The servants are very disagreeable. They do all that they can to set my mistress against me. Dear Husband you are not the trouble I see these last two years. It has been like a troubled dream to me. It is said that the Master is in want of monney. If so I know not what time he may sell me. Then all my bright hopes of the future are blasted. For there has been one bright hope to cheer me in all my troubles, that is to be with you. For if I thought I should never see you on this earth, life would have no charm for me. Do all you can for me which I have no doubt you will. I want to see you so much. The children are all well. The baby cannot walk yet. The baby can step around any thing by holding on to it, very much like Agnes. I must bring my letter to close as I have no news to write. You must write soon and say when you think you can come

Your affectionate Wife
HARRIET NEWBY.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Thanks for that dude

Pity it didn't turn out as well for him as it did for Django in the film

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I just saw Django and I wasn't impressed, but I didn't hate it. It was very stylistic with the blood spatter and making Django out to be some kind of black superhero of the south. I did find it more entertaining than Lincoln, which I thought was dry and boring.

And to the clown who said "most slaves were treated very well," all I will say is a big LOL and leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Anyway, Django was a really good movie.

I was kinda disappointed in the ending though, it felt like it was thrown together, but still good overall.

The ending was re-written in one day apparently. Tarantino said so himself on the Stern interview.

Here it is if anyone is interested.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

OMG it is a movie, did you see Tarantino's last film Hardly historical fact was it, but your comment that slaves were treated well...what? they were slaves that is the worst way you can treat anyone. But its OK the people of the south didn't beat them pfftt...

I did not say his last film (which I thought could have been better too) was historically accurate, it is pretty plain to most people, even those with no understanding of history know that Adolph Hitler was not killed in a movie theater fire. That is beside the point. My point is that slaves were regarded as property. They did not walk around naked in the cold, they were not starved and beaten (except when they tried to run away, or "acted up") the same as a farmer would not mistreat his plowing mule, or guarddogs, or any other work animal. I see the bad whitey syndrome every day to more and more white people in this country. No matter. In 20 years whites will be the minority, and I'm sure we will all get to experience firsthand what slavery will be like, we will no longer have to feel guilty about i.

This is possibly the most ignorant post I have seen on ATS.

CJ

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Is this the song you can't get out of your head?

I didn't think so sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join