It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Django Unchained

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I watched this movie last night and I gotta say I loved it

I loved Christoph Waltz in his role and think this guy is becoming my fave actor.

I loved the music (Djangooooooo!) , acting, action, story in fact I can not think of any gripe against it.
Plus I think it reminds people how bad slavery is.
A couple of times it had me cheering out loud

Watch it people and tell me what you thought about it

Oh and I can't get this song outa my head at the mo, I was walking down the street getting funny looks singing "Djangooo" lol.

edit on 8-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I watched it on Sunday and really wish I'da waited to see it at the cinmea!

OMG a [snip] on a horse! (All way through movie) had me in stiches, everytime lol. And then when he chooses to wear that blue outfit... awesome!

I'm a big fan of Tarantino and must say this is one of his best
Anybody who hasnt seen this, go watch it at the cinmea as its worth the money (unlike 99%)
edit on 8-1-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I'm going to take a date to see it at the pictures
1st date in over 10 years wish me luck
(divorced now
)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I watched it and thought it sucked. The main character (Django) had no personality. Leonardo Dicaprio plays the stereotypical arrogant white southerner that wants to do it with his sister. And not to mention the shooting scenes where Django is running around killing 20 guys with a gun that holds 6 bullets with blood spraying everywhere. Not to mention its one of those bad whitey movies that keeps the blacks hating whites for slavery. Most slaves were treated very well, not being beaten constantly and ripped apart by dogs. I wish I had'nt paid 10 bucks to waste 3 hours of my life on it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

OMG it is a movie, did you see Tarantino's last film Hardly historical fact was it, but your comment that slaves were treated well...what? they were slaves that is the worst way you can treat anyone. But its OK the people of the south didn't beat them pfftt...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

OMG it is a movie, did you see Tarantino's last film Hardly historical fact was it, but your comment that slaves were treated well...what? they were slaves that is the worst way you can treat anyone. But its OK the people of the south didn't beat them pfftt...

I did not say his last film (which I thought could have been better too) was historically accurate, it is pretty plain to most people, even those with no understanding of history know that Adolph Hitler was not killed in a movie theater fire. That is beside the point. My point is that slaves were regarded as property. They did not walk around naked in the cold, they were not starved and beaten (except when they tried to run away, or "acted up") the same as a farmer would not mistreat his plowing mule, or guarddogs, or any other work animal. I see the bad whitey syndrome every day to more and more white people in this country. No matter. In 20 years whites will be the minority, and I'm sure we will all get to experience firsthand what slavery will be like, we will no longer have to feel guilty about i.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I don't think a movie is necessary to accomplish that all things considered.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

I watched it and thought it sucked. The main character (Django) had no personality. Leonardo Dicaprio plays the stereotypical arrogant white southerner that wants to do it with his sister. And not to mention the shooting scenes where Django is running around killing 20 guys with a gun that holds 6 bullets with blood spraying everywhere. Not to mention its one of those bad whitey movies that keeps the blacks hating whites for slavery. Most slaves were treated very well, not being beaten constantly and ripped apart by dogs. I wish I had'nt paid 10 bucks to waste 3 hours of my life on it.
''Most slaves were treated very well''...you gotta be f^@king kidding! Anyway, I thought it was a pretty good flick.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

I was shocked also at his comment, he forgets that even If you are a well treated slave you are still a slave, then he goes on about majorities and the black people will make white people slaves....He may claim not to be racist but I wonder.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I thought this was the biggest waste of 3 hours of my life, that I will never get back.

I completely agree with the person who said Django's character had no personality and the entire movie just felt like it was trying to be artsy and build and build up to this incredible climax. Well for 3 hours, and a somewhat decent climax 15 minutes towards the end just felt really bland.

I've watched many of his films and this was quentins worst by far. What happened to good ole Jacky Brown?
Anyways, sure this movie had its good moments, and funny moments at that but over all a let down. I didn't even have high expectations when I went to see it

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

Jackie Brown is my fave but I have always had a soft spot for westerns so I was bound to like this

Jangooooooo (still singing it and it is annoying everyone around me
)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Haven't seen it yet,but one thing about Quentin Tarantinos films.You either love them or hate them.I love most of his films and scripts.

Favorite film Reservior Dogs (everybody dies)

Favorite script (screen play) Natural Born Killers

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I saw it with my friend the other day and i gotta say, it's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. The music, action and characters we're all superb!

I give it a 10/10

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
My husband and I went to see this movie - we loved it - especially Christoph Waltz - he's fantastic!

My favorite Tarantino movie is Pulp Fiction - Reservoir Dogs is a close second. But I like Django too.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Off topic, but I love your avatar. The Cohen brothers are idolized at my house. My husband can recite every word from The Big Lebowski - from beginning to end. He uses still frames from the movie as sleeves for his travel coffee mugs, and as labels for his home-brewed beer (Jesus Juice).

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

The movie was out for years before I saw it.My mother is 76 years old she suggest I watch it.The Cohen brothers appeal to all ages.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Christoph Waltz is amazing

Oh and Rock I used to model myself on The Dude
my fave drink is a decent white russian.
I also liked Oh brother where art thou...very funny and one of the few movies I like G clooney in.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Brother where are thou,is a moive I liked Clooney in also Dusk till Dawn.But I had to like Dusk till Dawn Tarantion flick with Harvet Keitel in it.

By the way my claim to fame is.I co stared in George Clooney first ever film apperance.In Cincinnati there was a kid's show called Uncle Al.A introduction for a segment skit on "Going To Hawaii" .Uncle Al took George his sister Ada ,Me and my two sisters to his boat to film it.We were between the ages of 4 to 6. He was the Captain I was the Firstmate,

edit on 9-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Cool claim to fame have you found yourself on youtube?
Heck I forgot about dusk till dawn, yup he was cool in that one too.

Ok George I will be cool lol

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Nope never looked on u-tube.Family has some still pic's.Only reason we were picked was Uncle Al was a known horn dog and mom was gorgeous.The Clooney's were pick because they were the clooney's already
a famous family.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join