It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry and Left Wing Media October Surprise....a dud.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What a weak attempt at an October Surprise. Make our Military and President look like they lost track of WMD's, even though they were gone before we got there.

But hey, at least Kerry is worried about WMD's even though there is not suppose to be any?

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

BTW, alot of you are going to ignore this because it is from Limbaugh, but he is just reporting on what NBC, and one of its reporters at the scene have reported.

Also note that CBS was going to release this bogus story the night before the election.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Carseller4]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Sounds like you listened to either Rush or Sean today

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Sounds like you listened to either Rush or Sean today

I always try to catch a little bit everyday!

Thank God for Rush, Sean and Fox News! At least the truth has a chance!

But you gotta admit, it was a weak attempt at an October Surprise.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I always try to catch a little bit everyday!

But you gotta admit, it was a weak attempt at an October Surprise.

Did you happen to watch the MSNBC interview with the reporter who was at the scene that day?

She says they were there less than 24 hours and that they didn't do a proper search for the explosives. (link)

Also, on Hannitty and Colmes tonight, they played a clip of a reporter who was there and he said many of the bunkers were still locked when they walked aound there.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This attempt to bypass what is a clear indication of the Bush administration's ineptitude and lack of forethought and planning in stabilizing Iraq after the US invaded, certainly is a dud.

This topic would be improved and would be in better keeping with the motto of ATS if the words "Kerry and Left Wing Media October Surprise" were substituted with the words "Bush administration" in the title.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
This attempt to bypass what is a clear indication of the Bush administration's ineptitude and lack of forethought and planning in stabilizing Iraq after the US invaded, certainly is a dud.

This topic would be improved and would be in better keeping with the motto of ATS if the words "Kerry and Left Wing Media October Surprise" were substituted with the words "Bush administration" in the title.

OK, but why now? This happened 19 months ago.

If it wasn't a story then why bring it up?

Could it be that the media did not want a WMD story brought up 19 months ago?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
of course this is bush's fault. don't question that, it just is. can someone explain to me how this ties back to bush. the only reason to put the blame of something on bush is if it was one of his policies that led directly to the problem or issue in question. however in this case it was the failure of proper patrolement or something of that sort that led to the theft of 380 tons of explosives. only someone who hates bush could possibly make that kind of leap in logic, out of purely blind hatred.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

OK, but why now? This happened 19 months ago.

If it wasn't a story then why bring it up?

1. It's not a WMD story, it's a story about the occupying forces not having the foresight under the "commander in chief" to secure stockpiles of explosives.

2. The Bush administration has done its best to suppress this story since May 2004.

3. Why the decision to release the story now? Ask the publishers of the media involved.

The ineptitude and bad administration by the incumbents in the Whitehouse is borne out by these events, along with accurate reporting of every thing they have turned their hand to in Iraq.

Why isn't the celebration of a toppled Saddam Hussein statue being celebrated today? Is it because far more servicemen and women have died in the period since "major combat operations" were declared over by Bush?

Why don't we see "fighter pilot" Bush going out to land and celebrate victory on aircraft carriers returning to the US (thereby delaying the arrival and reunion of servicemen and women with their families) any more?

It is because the entire Bush administration and war effort is a scam.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Wow what short memories, though you've got to admire the spin.

It's not that it happened 19 months ago, it's that's it been happening for 19 months

From only 16 days ago:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3735224.stm
Apart from a couple of limited checks on the main nuclear facility at Tuwaitha last June after reports of looting - and with no teams now on the ground - the IAEA has to rely on satellite imagery and other sources.

In a letter to the UN Security Council, Mr ElBaradei said buildings related to Iraq's previous nuclear programme appeared to have been systematically dismantled and equipment and material removed.

"The disappearance of such equipment and materials may be of proliferation significance," the IAEA director general warned.

Sensitive technology such as rocket engines has turned up for sale abroad, Mr ElBaradei said.

Iraq's US-backed leaders have not reported to the UN on the state of nuclear plants despite a duty to do so.

From May last year:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3002169.stm

"We have been assured by the US that they would secure these facilities, but the agency finds these reports [of looting] disturbing," said IAEA spokeswoman Melissa Fleming.

Two reports over the weekend gave rise to concern:

* On Saturday, a Washington Post reporter travelling with a special US defence department team visited the Baghdad Nuclear Research Facility. US soldiers at the site told him Iraqis had been "coming in by the score" for two weeks. The team found radioactive material scattered around the site.

* Also on Saturday, a New York Times reporter with the same team visited the nearby Tuwaitha site, again finding radioactive material stored haphazardly around the site and indications that, even by Saturday, little or nothing had been done to prevent looting.

It appears US soldiers were sent to some sites but were unwilling or unable to seal them off.

Yes, it's selective quoting, I don't want to break the quoting rules!

Read the articles.

It's all just an indication of what the US really cared about in Iraq. If they had been the least bit bothered about proliferation as they claimed these sites would have been the first priority. As it was, the Oil Ministry was the first priority.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Thanks kegs!

And your shopping trolley avatar says it all.

I'll pay you $10 for that, if you send it to me in plain brown wrapper.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
No problem. The transaction has to be in Prauge though, I�ve got connections. I�ll met you in the Staromestsk� N�mest�. I'll be wearing a white carnation and I want non sequencetial bills.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I will bring a bottle of Hills Absinthe in gratuity too.

*Illicit trading is so much easier since Bush decided to annex Iraq*

[edit on 26-10-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
No doubt, Bush probably lost Saddams little pistol by now!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Wow what short memories, though you've got to admire the spin.

It's not that it happened 19 months ago, it's that's it been happening for 19 months

I love the terrified deflection too as we approach the final hours of this sham of an administration. You know they're scared when they start pushing concepts like "News Backfires" or "Bush failure makes Kerry Look Bad" or "Pointing out Bush failures proves...um, what was it? Oh yes, Kerry eats babies!"

I want to hear the Moonie logic on this one now...

Bush Wants $75 Billion More for War After Election, It's Kerry's Fault!

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Heh, what's a reporter know about a proper search anyways? I would bet two paychecks that there were some awfully curious soldiers at that site that wondered what was behind those doors. I'm for thinking they were pulled out before the invasion. Saddam knew we liked to hit his beloved military stuffs.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I would like to know how this was organized by Kerry and the left wing media when the original letter about the missing material was sent out by the interim Iraqi government?

The letter was dated October 10, BTW.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
A dud....? It just highlights the mess that has been made or Iraq and how now the country has to face years of civil war and terrorism most probably. All for false intelligence. And they knew it wasn't true.

People should see how this incident shows the lack of planning and caution that was undertaken. Advisors told of how Iraq would turn out like it has. And they took no steps to prevent it. Iraq is in a terrible state.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Did someone just say "FOX news" and "truth" in the same sentence???
Man, thanks, I needed a late day chuckle...
Sometimes I suspect the former Iraqi Minister of Disinfo is heading up the news division,

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm still waitng for someone to explain how this is a left wing media plot.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
I would like to know how this was organized by Kerry and the left wing media when the original letter about the missing material was sent out by the interim Iraqi government?

The letter was dated October 10, BTW.

I know, the interim government is getting vocally anti-Bush now. They blame "the foreign soldiers incompetence" for the Iraqi soldier massacre.

Translation for the those Americans unable to see past the flag currently wrapped around their head as a blindfold to the truth.

We're the "foreign soldiers."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join