Who Won The Debate Morgan Or Jones?

page: 9
15
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Hi mods, Please feel free to move if not in the appropriate forum, thanks


I have just finished watching the debate between Morgan and Alex. I am interested to know who you think won the debate. I think Alex went in very hot headed, CNN new he would do this and they tried to give him enough rope to hang himself. I think this approach backfired.

Alex was certainly hot headed but he managed to get fast and furious in. I think he could have done much better had he relaxed and took things a bit more calmly, but I suppose thats just not his way


I give Alex my full respect for his beliefs, its irrelevant if he is a loud mouth, he definately has the moral High ground, sometimes it takes a Very loud mouth to force people to listen. This for me was a win for Infowars, well done guys


just finished watching it or should I say enduring it
I have never been a follower of AJ seemed a bit mad to me
I live in the UK and Piers used to do a celebraty chat show which was good, but I know he is slimy, as AJ said why dont Piers come home and face the phone hacking charges, because he is dodgy

Who won "they did" and AJ played his part perfectly




posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion
 


That I cannot say, but I would have thought they would not act in a childish manner but would be strong and upright and stand up for what they believe in a fairly adult fashion. But as I say, I don't know what they would have been like, might have been a big punch up for all I know.
Today, however, things are a little different, well they are supposed to be a little different.



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Alex wasn't avoiding questions. Pierce is trying to use questions to make Alex look like a crazy conspiracy theorist. Alex isn't allowing it. Yes, he's loud ... yes he's passionate, but I think it would have been a shame if he didn't say and do what he did.


Some people would actually prefer a polite soft spoken Alan Derchowitz (the man who came on after alex) to an emotional Alex based solely on voice tone. I'm a bit perplexed there seems to be a greater outrage of Alex raising his voice than over a man like Derchowitz who supports torture and promotes the bulldozing of palestinian villages. Alex isn't a diplomat nor does he claim to be.

The missing point, imo, is that Pierc and Alen have been protected by praetorian guards and surrounded by yes men for so long that they become terrified just being in presence of a raised voice. How sheltered and arrogant do you have to be, to assume you are entitled to a life free from verbal confrontation. I've had college professors chew out a class MUCH more aggressively than anything Alex did. If they become frightened even with armed guards, how do they think a single mom in chicago feels without 24/7 protection.



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos
 

Reading their actual writings and transcripts, especially the more candid ones, reveals that aren't nearly as upright or dignified as they've been painted to be. The point made at the end of the "John Adams" mini series is a good one, in that the way they are depicted in the painting of the signing is "bad history".

They would have sounded almost exactly like what we just saw. But probably with more cursing the live debates.

And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson

Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Those sort of statements certainly "went too far" for some people at the time too.

We've been taught to look up to these people, but to understand nothing of their more daily nature. Nor the sort of people they would look and sound like today.
edit on 8-1-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Even though I can't stand Morgan, I think Jones didn't help his case by acting so hot headed. For the majority of people to take you serious, you need to be calm and level headed. I think Alex came across as a wacko and unable to control himself.

As far as Morgan goes, he comes across as a Pompous know it all. He has his own personal view on what he believes in, and he can't step outside the box and see another side to an issue. He acts like he's a government spokesperson and they can't do anything wrong.

I thought the best interview that made Morgan look like a fool was the interview with Jesse Ventura. The audience was behind Ventura 100%, and although Jesse came across stern with his answers, he didn't lose his cool like Jones did. When Morgan insinuated that Ventura was making crack pot points, Ventura turned and asked the audience if they think he was making crackpot points, and only one person clapped in the support of Morgan. Ventura than asked the audience "how many think I make sensible points", and the entire audience clapped in support of Ventura. You can tell Morgan felt uncomfortable and than immediately changed the subject.


Jesse Ventura Embarasses Piers Morgan in Front of CNN Audience



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion
reply to post by CthulhuMythos
 

Reading their actual writings and transcripts, especially the more candid ones, reveals that aren't nearly as upright or dignified as they've been painted to be. The point made at the end of the "John Adams" mini series is a good one, in that the way they are depicted in the painting of the signing is "bad history".

They would have sounded almost exactly like what we just saw. But probably with more cursing the live debates.

And what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson

Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Those sort of statements certainly "went too far" for some people at the time too.

We've been taught to look up to these people, but to understand nothing of their more daily nature. Nor the sort of people they would look and sound like today.
edit on 8-1-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)


Yup I hear what you are saying and I guess in the olden days it was pretty rough everywhere and maybe pretty lawless and violent into the bargain. But we are supposed to have moved on from all that and be able to get our points across in a more intellectual way where words are the chosen weapons on the stage and a quick wit and tongue can cut as deep as any sword with a wound that may not be able to be healed.



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex
 


Thanks for putting this up...

Drunk people and children tell the truth... .



I hate lengthy drunk people.

Alex isn't drunk but is lengthy....

How can I ever like and expect the truth from him?





edit on 8/1/2013 by zatara because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Hi mods, Please feel free to move if not in the appropriate forum, thanks


I have just finished watching the debate between Morgan and Alex. I am interested to know who you think won the debate. I think Alex went in very hot headed, CNN new he would do this and they tried to give him enough rope to hang himself. I think this approach backfired.

Alex was certainly hot headed but he managed to get fast and furious in. I think he could have done much better had he relaxed and took things a bit more calmly, but I suppose thats just not his way


I give Alex my full respect for his beliefs, its irrelevant if he is a loud mouth, he definately has the moral High ground, sometimes it takes a Very loud mouth to force people to listen. This for me was a win for Infowars, well done guys


No, he didn't do the correct thing. He should of calmly responded piers. If interrupted repeatedly like piers likes to do then he calls him out on it. He should of gone in cool headed, had facts written down (more than he did) and not gone off on a tangent regardless if he believes 9/11 is a inside job or the other # he ranted about. If he would of kept cool he could of talked about that for hours on end on his damn radio show. He should of got the gun facts out, debated piers with a cool headed. What he did to every anti gunner in America just made every pro gun person look like a mad man. This is not a win for infowars, no one won other than the anti gunner's.
Alex Jones just put the pro gun movement 3 steps back, with all the progress that was finally being made, I understand Alex has a passion for what he does and he likes deceiving people at times and he uses that "passion" to do so. He just the ENTIRE damn movement and made rational people look like irrational nuts, just another thing for the gun grabbers to use against us.

GOOD JOB JONES
edit on 8-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: accidentally put 3 n's in gunner's.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: (no reason given)
edit on 8-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: Last edit was a spacing issue, this one is to add this line.



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hmm made it to about the 4 minute mark around the time AJ lost it with the gun deaths in the UK 'factoid'... then my tolerance for stupidity tank ran over.


What an idiot. Funny he labels PM as using dirty tactics at that point yet hes doing the old tried and true 'how to win an argument every time' trick of, running your mouth off and not letting the other person get a word in edge wise.

Also as a person of half British heritage, I felt kind of insulted... I think ill watch the rest of the rabid monkey flinging his poop around once the ringing in my ears subsides, it is rather amusing in small doses.

And no I dont know much about AJ other than he is a conspiracy theorist with a radio show, but I at least I thought he was one of the more professional ones... glad ive had that personal misguidance straightened out.



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Alex Jones is clearly a parody of conspiracy nuts, how people don't realise this I will never know.It was confirmed when he started to make fun of Morgans accent after he was out-witted by him. He's a real-life troll. Hilarious.



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos
 

Perhaps. But at the end of the day regardless of progress in any area... a person's gotta work with the soil and seeds one actually has regardless of what one wishes they had. Otherwise a disappointing outcome is virtually guaranteed.

We'll see who understands what they are working with in the long run... well.. in the long run.



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
wouldnt call that a debate just jones making an as$ of himself as usual



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think something needs to be clarified here:

Piers morgan knew exactly what he was getting when he invited AJ.

AJ knew exactly what he was going into when he was invited and responded with an acceptance.

Piers Morgan's entire team planned out the show even with the post-commentators attacking AJ, they probably didn't think AJ would go balls to the walls and call Piers out for alot of the B.S. and thats where I think AJ took the upper hand.

Those who think AJ doesn't know his own perceived attitude is NAIVE. He is not dumb, the man runs a million dollar operation that sees huge annual growth in viewership, he knows what gets people riled up, he knows how to get people CURIOUS. Take into consideration that AJ isn't just an emotional animal, he is a figure and he knows people look up to him. His 'duty' is to use his 'figureship' to get people to draw their own line (wherever their line may be) and stand up for that line.

Like it or not, AJ called out some major points on national television that most of you would POOP in your pants if put into the same situation. He has also declared many times in the past that he likes to ridicule the global elite and how everyone else should do the same, essentially not giving the monsters credibility.

In the end, they both won.

Was I the only one that laughed out loud when AJ started mocking Piers in English accent? Lighten up people!

edit on 8-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
"I'll wear the colors (red, white and blue) of the good ole usa and you wear the colors of.....the union jack (same colors/colours alex)."


A small point:
He didn`t mention the Union Jack , he said "Jolly Roger".

It was quite a ridiculous thing for Alex Jones to say. He knows his target audience and he gives them exactly what they want.



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
edit on 8-1-2013 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I think something needs to be clarified here:

Piers morgan knew exactly what he was getting when he invited AJ.

AJ knew exactly what he was going into when he was invited and responded with an acceptance.

Piers Morgan's entire team planned out the show even with the post-commentators attacking AJ, they probably didn't think AJ would go balls to the walls and call Piers out for alot of the B.S. and thats where I think AJ took the upper hand.

Those who think AJ doesn't know his own perceived attitude is NAIVE. He is not dumb, the man runs a million dollar operation that sees huge annual growth in viewership, he knows what gets people riled up, he knows how to get people CURIOUS. Take into consideration that AJ isn't just an emotional animal, he is a figure and he knows people look up to him. His 'duty' is to use his 'figureship' to get people to draw their own line (wherever their line may be) and stand up for that line.

Like it or not, AJ called out some major points on national television that most of you would POOP in your pants if put into the same situation. He has also declared many times in the past that he likes to ridicule the global elite and how everyone else should do the same, essentially not giving the monsters credibility.

In the end, they both won.

Was I the only one that laughed out loud when AJ started mocking Piers in English accent? Lighten up people!

edit on 8-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)


I laughed because I treat Jones as a satirical character, the accent mocking proved it. He's hilarious.



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Jones in every single way.



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthLover557
Jones in every single way.


Shouting and not answering questions = Winning the debate?

Typical Jones fan




posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There was a debate?.....I must have missed that part!

Alex Jones gave Piers Morgan exactly what he wanted... so I would give him 10 out of 10 for that..... all Alex Jones did was rant on and then mock the British accent ( although it did make me chuckle a little) no doubt stirring up his die hard fan's , but considering he already has the platform from which to do this from everyday I don't see how he gained anything in my opinion.



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye
 


You mean the rhetorical questions? What information did Morgan provide the audience on the topic at hand?





new topics
top topics
 
15
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join