It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Won The Debate Morgan Or Jones?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
As soon as they brought up 9/11, Alex lost imo, atleast in the eyes of most of CNN's viewers.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I am not one to tgink Alex came off as crazy, just upset, mad, concerned, passionate, angry. Angry does not equal crazy.

The upholders of the status quo do not want angry people. Some people who are not PTB are too scared of revolution to hear it mentioned.

Some liberals are with him on the gun issue.

Liberals like PM are the crazy ones IMO. They are endangering the success of the party and national security by pushing this.

Yep what the anti-gunners don't realize is they have poked a hornets nest here. AJ's anger gave them a glimpse of how pissed off people really are now. But they still won't get it and the sheeple will still whine about it. it just goes to show that most people are still mesmerized by the sparkly package and ribbons and have little clue of how important the content is.

Oh AJ did this or said that blah blah... I am glad he got angry and let PM have it!

The other thing is most sheeple don't get is true patriots don't give a damn what they think anymore they are busy not trying to look crazy according to the BS media induced social norms and have thought patriots were crazy all long parroting the pundits so why should patriots care what they think it's time to stand for freedom! BS media induced politically correct so called social norms be damned!
edit on 8-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
IMO Alex did a good job in appearing like a raging lunatic. Too bad because he raises some good points.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
this was never meant to be a debate.... they went with the assumption that Alex would blow and just use him as the 'irrational gun crazed loony'.....

but in the end Alex made some good points, all be they a tad over heated.....

I think he opened a lot of people to subjects and topics that the average news watching sheep wouldn't know about.....

not his finest hour but got some important points across.....

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It wasn't a debate, it was a monologue.

AJ just went off on one of his tangents. All he did was make himself look like some whack job.

CNN got what they wanted from him. AJ got played.
edit on 8-1-2013 by bg_socalif because: fat fingers on the keyboard.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
They both won because they both got what they wanted out of it.

AJ got all of his points out, his supporters are satisfied and he probably gained more viewers or maybe some google searches out of it.

Morgan got to attack AJ and make him look like a typical crazy gun owner after in the interview with that lawyer.

Anybody who says one person won that debate is just way too engulfed into their party politics and rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm watching the recorded version right now... Oh man... I'm laughing my ass off...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I don't like Pierce Morgan, he his a sleaze ball and a scum bag and should be in jail as far as I am concerned.
I have been listening/reading Alex Jones stuff since 9/11. He has awakened a LOT of people, me included, and does provide some great info with links and all.

However, I do think he really needs to take some lessons from Lord Christopher Monckton on how to debate and one-up the other guy whilst staying calm and still getting all his points across whilst at the same time evading the questions that are obvious traps and retaining the appearance of intellect and superiority.
I have seen many UK politicians be particularly good at doing this whilst lying through their teeth as they keep the upper hand and don't let the other chap have much of a word in edgeways.

Alex just went in all guns blazing, so to speak, and it did him no credit at all. This is such a shame as he did bring up very good and valid points. Going into piss-take English accent mode and going on about a boxing match (not even going to think about the Jolly Roger remark) made him look really childish and unprofessional. What the hell was he thinking?
I did see the 'after video' he made which explained how he had been intimidated by security before hand and afterward so perhaps he was a bit nervous in the first place and so went for attack mode right off the bat (which might have been the intentions of the intimidation before the show).

Sadly, I do think he played right into their hands in the end.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I thought AJ was brilliant and got a lot of info out to a huge audience.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Nobody won, It was not a debate
To be honest, i'm not sure what it is

Too much comedy, too many agendas, too much defamation.
How do you even categorize that?

link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
CNN got what they wanted from him. AJ got played.
I gotta say that they both played a predetermined role. Jones is a deflectionist shill, and at no time has this been more apparent. Beware the man with the megaphone! He is there to sucker you!

link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

Alex pulled a Bill O'Reilly/Sean hannity trick on him.

Alex won for the same reason Bill O'Reilly "wins" with pro-big government neo-cons. Louder tough sounding man wins weaker sounding man loses. Sorry people watching CNN are pro-government neo-cons this works on them.

Fluoride logic... I know.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Imagine if this were a transcript from a discussion in The Colonies around say... 1775. Which side would the "founders" sound more like and what would we think of their stance?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

exactly.

Piers wanted to make him look crazy,extreme, and a bully. Standard MSM tactic.

AJ wanted to get fluorinated MTV/BET-ADDers to have interest in anti-nwo topics.

They both "won" really.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Alex wasn't avoiding questions. Pierce is trying to use questions to make Alex look like a crazy conspiracy theorist. Alex isn't allowing it. Yes, he's loud ... yes he's passionate, but I think it would have been a shame if he didn't say and do what he did.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
Alex wasn't avoiding questions. Pierce is trying to use questions to make Alex look like a crazy conspiracy theorist. Alex isn't allowing it. Yes, he's loud ... yes he's passionate, but I think it would have been a shame if he didn't say and do what he did.

He's not passionate, he's insane!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Alex won it because if you look at the tweets on twitter by @piersmorgan he would see what an Jerk piersmorgan is.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

TPTB screwed up on that one. Like I said they lost as soon as they put him on air. It was live too.

Next time put on a undercover anti-gun shill that is pretending to be a pro-gun advocate then discredit the shill in a fake scripted debate. Better result.

The more times AJ,RP, or Jesse get on tv and give the public truth the more the lunatics that be lose thier mindshare.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Neither won, and here is how I came to that conclusion:

They did not appeal to reason of who it would matter in the end, that of the population. PM did not really make any arguments that gave me pause to think and stop, to give him credibility, nor did Alex Jones.

I had to watch it twice, each time changing the chanel at different times as not to get a head ach. If anything I would say Sheriff Joe Arpio made the best case: He is enforcing the Law.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
how can you debate on who won this 'debate'?
piers sat there politely whilst alex made a complete fool of himself.
being rude and childish will never win a debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join