It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Won The Debate Morgan Or Jones?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Was I the only one that laughed out loud when AJ started mocking Piers in English accent? Lighten up people!

Oh but what a #e storm would have erupted on this site and else wear in the good old us of a had PM done a slurred southern red neck drawl in responding to something AJ said?

lighten up? it was uncalled for pure and simple (and yeah its a tiny thing really but still, shows how childish AJ can be).

There's mocking the elite, then there's making an ass of yourself.

I agree...had it been in reverse it would have been a major talking point on here.

I am English and I can laugh at myself and so did have a little chuckle at his attempts at taking off the English accent........but the other side of the coin is that most of the British people can't stand Piers Morgan and Alex doe's have some British fan's and supporters....so the attempt at mocking the English accent was uncalled for and could easily be interpreted as being disrespectful.
But I can't say that personally I will lose sleep over it....but this very immature show of mockery does question his credibility for those who are unbiased.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
Watch the video of Pier Morgan debating GOA Larry Pratt, after you do that ask the question again

I understand why AJ went off the way he did, you not going to beat CNN at there game, it didn't matter what Alex said, it would have been turned around to make it fit their agenda... they did it with Pratt and they made sure they had the last word. You can't debate a one sided point of view from Morgan.
edit on 1/8/2013 by Shdak because: added text
edit on 1/8/2013 by Shdak because: (no reason given)

On the contrary, Piers was being intellectually slaughtered so he resorted to ad hominem nonsense, calling him stupid and raising his voice. No intelligent person could possibly think Piers is an intelligent debater. His reactionism is really rather adolescent. extra DIV

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

I get it - it is because he's from the UK and he's come to the US and is yelling ban guns.
The colonies had to stockpile weapons in secret remember? The redcoats didn't want them having guns.

It's sorta like Muslims that come here, then want to force their women to wear burkas and force on them this weird honor code they brought with them. We say, why come to America and try to change it into what you hated that you left?

Alex feels that this is an American issue, and that foreigners need to shut up about it, as maybe they might like to take a peice of the US for themselves, and it might be easier if there were no guns anywhere.

Think...Red Dawn stuff. It would be a lot more difficult to invade anyplace that has an armed populace. I mean, especially with China owning so much of our debt, for them to be saying that we need to get rid of our guns? No, don't think so.

I mean, it's just a mindset of protecting one's own. I notice that gun owners and 2nd amendment rights tend to really feel like it is a deep part of their psyche - this idea of defending one's own. My friends who are more anti-gun tend to think everything is fine we just need more peace and love.

I'm not saying conservative and liberal, because there are a LOT of liberals in the south that are pro-2nd amendment. I thought liberals LEARNED that a long time ago when this very issue turned the south from blue to red.

That's right - take GA for instance. It used to be solid blue. Liberals start yelling gun control and NO ONE here hardly likes that, except maybe in the cities. Republican ranks SWELL.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

Exactly. Piers doesn't have the wit to form an argument on his own, and resorts to name calling and childlike "shunterruptions". He doesn't listen to the other side of the argument, instead waiting for a pause to continue his seemingly scripted rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I have never watched AJ before I have only seen a few clips of him. He always seemed a bit strange. I don’t like Morgan and make it a point to not watch him. I am very pro-gun. That being said I wish Alex Jones had kept his mouth shut. He makes pro-gun people look like nuts. That idiot does not represent me and if I didn’t know better I would have said he is playing for the other side.

AJ just made it harder for the pro-gun crowd I wish the guy had just stayed quite. I watched the follow up and as bad as it sounds I agree with Morgan I don’t like the idea of someone like AJ owning guns. He seems like a nut.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I have watched this and watched this and read this comment and that comment. ..what this reminded me of was a long overdue and passion built up school yard beat down of an arrogant condescending prick.. I am not a huge fan of AJs methods. (I remember the Wall Street lady Greater Good vaccine doc replied she had a different method of informing people rather than beating them over the head ie. AJ style). However, I might liken this to Sid Viscous and Johnny Rotten lifestyle and method aside they brought us punk in an age of hippi beads. He brings light to a lot of things. I have no proof he works for Stratfor. All is circumstantial. I seen him disrupting a peaceful demonstration in Austin. I see him rant and rave. Having said that... My Uncle is a high ranking retired police officer whose view of current situations is you bring down the US from the inside. He shared an interesting story about McCain, Newsweek, qnd the FOP endorsement that I will never share out of respect for hm. But his view is our threat is domestic. The reason I bring him up is he used to tell me all the time the hardest part of policing is trying to make every day unique and every situation unique and after awhile it really builds on you and you have to really fight to not take the dirt bag who beat his wife or kids a lot or bullying thug on a long trip to jail. I think AJ took this bully on the long trip. Not saying he was Mohammad Ali but more like a bull in the china shop. Are we gonna leave him on the battlefield wounded? Hamburger Hill style? His message was SPOT ON!!!!! He had a chance and he vollied across the bow in broad daylight. Another way we can lose is internal strife over AJ while forgetting the message "deny ignorance". In the commonwealth we have a saying important enough for a motto. It came out of 1792. It is not only visible on our flag but in our communities. United We Stand, Divided We Fall. The answer to 1776 is 1792.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
AMAZING article on Alex Jones that I think EVERYONE needs to read and consider.

You can't claim to be awake without reading it.

[spam link removed]
edit on 1/10/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Piers was actually calm and collected. Frankly I find the so called "fence sitters" on this forum more so amusing than the Alex Jones fans trying to do damage control. People can't get over the months of partisan tripe they've been throwing at Piers and CNN, they can't come to admit that he was rather civil one, calm and collected. The whole "both of them were in the wrong" excuse doesn't cut it sorry, it's all on Alex. Alex came out with egg in his face, and he did it to himself. Piers just secured his place in the media world, love him or hate him.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveChild

After watching AJ vs. PM I couldn’t care less about being awakened if it comes from AJs mouth. That guy is a lunatic and is to abrasive for my tastes.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You have a point, Piers was calmer. However I still can't get over the fact that on the next nights show a guest said he wished someone would challenge AJ to a boxing match and bring an automatic weapon so that they could "pop him" (if i remember correctly) and the lot of them supported the idea. In a debate on gun control the anti-gun supporters supported the use of an automatic firearm on an opponent of theirs based on personal feelings of disgust over an opinion.

It really gave me a pretty good idea of what CNN and Piers' thinking are. Extremely hypocritical. It wasn't an interview, it was a chance to make gun supporters look like radicals. Piers achieved that, so I suppose he got the better of that exchange. However the entire piece was loaded from the beginning, and the way Piers handled it that night and the next night really indicated the type of person he is. Because of that, in my opinion neither gained any ground over the other, as they both looked like ridiculous children arguing over their interpretation of the school rules.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

actually, 9/11 has more to do with gun grabbing than most people think. does Section 1021 of the national defense authorization act for the fiscal year of 2012 benefit from confiscation of firearms? i think alex jones won and could have cited more and more historical events where people in power exhibited gross misconduct like disarming the citizens before massacring them wholesale. i mean you wanna tell me about sandy hook i can tell you about Tiananmen Square Massacre, wounded knee creek, Tȟašúŋke Witkó, the hundred years war, the Reichstag fire,El Centauro del Norte, Shimabara no ran. if they want our guns they will deal with Óglaigh na america and not just the sheepish Óglaigh following orders like the ss, the VC, the khmer rouge, tokugawa retainers, unit 731 etc but the ones who want to be free from an opressive William Heselrig wannabe. sorry alex jones doesn't sound like henry kissenger ordering a philly cheese steak sandwich whenever he's talking about something as serious as confiscating guns because someone with armed bodyguards doesn't want people without bodyguards or dictatorship power to have assault rifles. also if you think banning assault rifles would be effective, go buy an ak-47 at Baldwin Village, you will wish you got one at a gun store

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

If only being calm & collected for the first time in your career meant that your standpoint was more valid...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Alex Jones' bombastic, angry persona may work for his image when he's in his own studio playing the political firebrand, but one of two things must be true of his performance in this interview:
a) He lacks the imagination or awareness to see what a nutcase he looks like when he does this routine in an interview situation opposite another person, or
b) It's an attempt to garner attention for Alex Jones the media performer (remember the old showbiz adage: "there's no such thing as bad publicity").

And about Alex Jones starting a petition to deport someone whose lawfully stated opinion he finds offensive: does anyone here really think he had any serious intent in doing that?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Alex Jones predicted they would end him by the third segment even though he negotiated a full show, he was supposed to debate the lawyer.

I noticed another ATS member said "DEMOCIDE" is now a worldwide trending topic and has seen the most google searches since, well, ever. That is a net positive.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
Watch the video of Pier Morgan debating GOA Larry Pratt, after you do that ask the question again

I understand why AJ went off the way he did, you not going to beat CNN at there game, it didn't matter what Alex said, it would have been turned around to make it fit their agenda... they did it with Pratt and they made sure they had the last word. You can't debate a one sided point of view from Morgan.
edit on 1/8/2013 by Shdak because: added text
edit on 1/8/2013 by Shdak because: (no reason given)

To the newb ATS members who think Piers Morgan is some type of collected saint, you surely don't know him.

Watch the interview he had with Pratt from GOA and I do believe another ATS member linked to Morgan's tweets.

Stop playing into this game, I repeatedly said in this thread that Piers invited AJ knowing exactly how it was going to go down and the best way for him to win was to play the opposite role (be the protagonist and win the viewers over).

I mean, can some of you people really not think for yourself?

edit on 1/10/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed bbcode skewing page view

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Morgan just wanted to show that gun supporters are crazy people; so he kinda treated Jones as 1 and Jones didn't kept his head cool (of course with his temper and compassion, it doesn't take much to trigger).

So Morgan just sat there like; hi crazy guy, just rave so I show the people, gun supporters are crazy guys.

And again conspiracy people are looked at even more as just silly people.

It's like when Al Gore made his movie on Global warming, with that; he just accomplishment basicly that more people don't believe in human caused global warming. Or was that the goal as well?
edit on 9-1-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzCory

he's not a legal citizen therefore has no first amendment rights and can be deported for saying we should not have assault rifles because members of foreign press cannot undermine our constitution while physically in america. we deported a communist before for promoting communism in the press while not being a citizen. the uk can hang piers morgan if the uk doesn't want them.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
[spam link removed]

WOW.

The argument is wrapped up...

Alex Jones and Piers Morgan are both COINTELPRO?
edit on 1/10/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

actually just piers

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
There's many ways to perceive this little event that went down.

Basically Piers Morgan had this great plan, 100,000 people voted on deporting him, so he does what he does best - invites people to have a moot argument with. Only this time, he'd invite Alex Jones and Joe Apaio, two people that anyone who takes the field of Conspiracy seriously is wary of (due to their antics).

He kills two birds with one stone, he gets people back on his side and he discredits conspiracy theorists.

What do you do when you want a group of people to disagree with the truth? You hoist up a crazy person and give them the script.

If you guys even watched his "interview" with Joe Apaio, you can clearly see that Piers Morgan passed up the chance to even debate with him. He merely repeated the same moot statistics, and relaxedly ended the interview when the audience fell asleep.

You can say what you want about Alex Jones, but what matters is that he nor his colleagues are chess players.
AJ fell righ into Piers Morgan & Co.'s trap.

It's as simple as that.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join