It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Weather Radar Anomaly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I was watching the radar as the heatwave here is serious. I an in Victoria, and I was tracking the cool change as it crossed us and headed to the terrible situation in New South Wales. So that's the background.

The radar trace is from www.bom.gov.au...

I screen capped 3 frames. 1 before the anomaly, the anomaly, and the frame right after it.

So - what is that strange circle on the radar trace? I have no idea at all and throw it open to your speculation and or experience!

edit on 8-1-2013 by nothingwrong because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2013 by nothingwrong because: Pictures not displaying properly

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong

So - what is that strange circle on the radar trace?

just a glitch
www.bom.gov.au...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

Which photo has the anomoly? if your referring to photo 2 and the white circle over south australia then you have made a good find,. Certinally looks sus. A few years ago there was a big poke wheel shaped series of lines of Kalgoorlie but some bloke came on reckoned he was from the weathr bureau and and reckoned it was some natural phonomona.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Maybe some Photoshopping, some of the Weather around Adelaide has vanished from map 2 to map 3.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
no worries nothing bad ever happens in Australia

just ask beno

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

happens nearly everyday ,this is a small example
nothing to worry about ,remain calm and take shelter in the closet

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Any time you stitch radar scans together to form a mosaic you can get this sort of thing.

Generally, you're at the bounds of one NEXRAD station, and the tiling algorithm has tried and failed to match in the scan around the edges.

edit to add: a lot of smoothing algorithms lose data at the edge. You have to sort of fudge the boundaries. And sometimes this is what you get.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This site is pretty good for information on similar events.socioecohistory.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by omega man

I just checked that site out, correct me if I am wrong but is he saying that Haarp is possible being used to counter act the 1000 year old drought we are supposed to be in.
If so, have they any way oF doing away with that white elephant water treatment plant down Warnambool way that I and my kids will be paying off for the rest of our lives.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by omega man

I just checked that site out, correct me if I am wrong but is he saying that Haarp is possible being used to counter act the 1000 year old drought we are supposed to be in.

Ok, you're wrong.

First, HAARP is on the other side of the world, literally. Second, it transmits on a frequency that NEXRAD could never receive. Third, consider what you're seeing on the radar. A ring would imply that the transmitting source is exactly timing the outgoing pulse and sending a return with a perfect fixed delay, all the way around the radar's site. The antenna will be constantly rotating. And somehow, somehow HAARP would have to receive the outgoing pulse of a fairly low power NEXRAD radar no matter which way it points (it can't make it over the horizon, too high a frequency!), then somehow return a microwave pulse on the same frequency (same problem) at exactly the same time, no matter which way the antenna is pointing. And it has to do this for many NEXRAD radars, all over the world.

That doesn't happen.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
One thing's for sure.

It 'aint a shockwave from a nuke coz I'm still here!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
Maybe some Photoshopping, some of the Weather around Adelaide has vanished from map 2 to map 3.

Well, that's just rude. I don't even have photoshop!

There are other differences too if you look.

BTW - go to the link I gave and watch clouds appear and disappear on the radar there. Its quite normal. Go on - go take a look, you'll see. Then you can apologise.
edit on 8-1-2013 by nothingwrong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Great... that is just over Adelaide where I am.

No strange things happening here though.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana

Great... that is just over Adelaide where I am.

No strange things happening here though.

That is because you have your tinfoil hat on tightly.

new topics

top topics

join