It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4,000yo ancient Asian map(s) of entire planet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I do wish people would read the source material before commenting on it and making themselves look stupid

The map is NOT claimed to be 4,000 years old. Far from it.

The map is purported to be a copy of an earlier map, which it is claimed was first drawn 600 years ago. As such, it is offered as evidence that the Chinese circum-navigated the world in the 15th century - a theory popularised by Gavin Menzies.

There is a seperate theory that the Chinese had been visiting America even earlier, possibly as far back as 4,000 years ago. But that has nothing to do with this much more recent map.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I see they missed Scandinavia and the British Isles too... I mean, if they managed the Mediterranian, Baltic Sea would've been a no-brainer too.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by minnow
Who drew them and how?

The chinese map (image shown in the post above this one) was discussed here a few years ago and a link to a rebuttal was given.

also, a link to National Geographic...
"Chinese Columbus" Map Likely Fake, Experts Say

For me, the most obvious standout feature that says the map is not original, is that China is not drawn in the middle, as all their other maps are. It is, after all, what they call themselves.

edit on 8-1-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

For anybody who is curious, "China" in Mandarin is Zhongguo, Zhong = Middle, guo = country.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
I was searching for a documentary on ancient maps (History ch, Nat Geo, etc) but only came across radio show recordings.

It would be awesome if Ancient Aliens or a similar series did an episode dedicated to ancient maps. Cause how would ancient people have drawn the whole world and with features only someone from the sky/space would be able to depict?

Perhaps it is no coincidence we only have scraps left of the advanced ancient civilizations on Earth, for todays' elite do whatever it takes to keep ancient relics hidden, or destroyed.

Who drew them and how?
edit on 8-1-2013 by minnow because: links

fake or copy of a map someone made a lot later.
4 thousand years ago would mean close to 2800bc they didn't use anything but clay or stone back then. this should really prove how fake the map is, they thought the earth was a flat square and they believed it till the 17th century when europe introduced a round earth to them. so any claims of maps like this being from the chinese is bogus, they didn't even view the earth that way.

here are some real maps from ancient china for everyone to compare, though not 4 thousand years old, they are at least 2 thousand.

edit on 16-1-2013 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join