It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4,000yo ancient Asian map(s) of entire planet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
I was searching for a documentary on ancient maps (History ch, Nat Geo, etc) but only came across radio show recordings.

It would be awesome if Ancient Aliens or a similar series did an episode dedicated to ancient maps. Cause how would ancient people have drawn the whole world and with features only someone from the sky/space would be able to depict?

Perhaps it is no coincidence we only have scraps left of the advanced ancient civilizations on Earth, for todays' elite do whatever it takes to keep ancient relics hidden, or destroyed.

Who drew them and how?
edit on 8-1-2013 by minnow because: links

As much as I love old maps, and this topic. If 'Ancient Aliens' did an episode of it that would pretty much kill any interest I had in it, that show doesn't hold much weight to be honest.
edit on 8/1/13 by Ramcheck because: typo

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

2nd link broken?

i dunno but nice looking map none the less. looks to pretty damn acurate other than south america which looks a little odd

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I always found this interesting regarding the mapping of Antarctica when it was free of ice:

LINK

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
no idea how old or real it is but what i did love about the map is that it appears to show the UK as being joined to mainland europe. I looked for it right away after watching great programmes about the things they trawl up from the sea bed and how we weren't always an island.

So they may be old or copied or faked but certainly caught my eye.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
For a mind blowing experience, check out the Piris Reis map.
Shows Antarctica without ice!
A real eye opener.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phe87

Originally posted by OpenSky

It can't be real, how on earth did the Chinese discover every intrivate coastline of every other continent on the other side of the planet yet managed to miss Australia the largest island continent on the planet when it sits just shy of China??? Doesn't make any sense, I call hoax.

Regardless of what I think about the map, I must point you toward the South Americas, you will see Australia sitting just West.

Nope it can't be it, Australia is located directly south of China and is not a small round circle. If they could map out other continents to near perfection than how did they get Australia so wrong>??

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Australia is a bit wobbly

Everything else looks alright though.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
If it was Chinese, then why did they get India and SE Asia so wrong? If it was European, then why did they get The Atlantic so wrong, no Amazon and there seems to be 2 giant rivers coming out of North America. Australia is completely wrong, but was probably based on hearsay.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by minnow
Who drew them and how?

The chinese map (image shown in the post above this one) was discussed here a few years ago and a link to a rebuttal was given.

also, a link to National Geographic...
"Chinese Columbus" Map Likely Fake, Experts Say

For me, the most obvious standout feature that says the map is not original, is that China is not drawn in the middle, as all their other maps are. It is, after all, what they call themselves.

edit on 8-1-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Ahh, so that is why my "spidey senses" were tingling then?

D'oh, dumbass. I should have known............

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I believe there are a lot of secrets that china holds that most of the world doesn't kno for a great while?w about. Weren't they isolated for a great while?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The videomaker must be joking!!! The Chinese don't even have the mandarin characters you know today 4,000 years ago!
Communist Chinese today might have a map American continent from their anchestors sitting in one of private chamber of corrupted communist hi rank, but certainly it is not the one shown on video.

They are communists, remember! axis of evil, more satanic than you can think of. Don't you remember what you are told? We American will hunt down communism, we find them where they are, NOT they found us 4,000 years ago.

May I recall your patriotism? Please don't buy any Made in China.

Buy only American products, the best in the world.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
If groups like National Geographic, MSM, the Library of Congress, etc are calling this a FAKE,

That tells me one thing: they are HIDING some thing...

Absolutely, since nothing can be fake.

In fact, fake isn't even a real word.

Fake is a fake word.
Oops.

Harte

edit on 1/9/2013 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

They look too preserved to be 4000 years old.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't know much about the old maps, but do firmly believe that not only the Chinese came long before Columbus, but also English explorers, and those from the Isle of Crete.

Check out a new show called "America Unearthed". I was quite surprised at what the show actually had to say, unlike "ancient aliens" and the like.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Australia is a bit wobbly

Everything else looks alright though.

I don't know. Seems to me that if somebody is going to have a map of the world that old, hinting at some kind of wonderful advanced knowledge or technology or something, it should be dead on accurate. Why should we expect it to be so quaintly "off?" We'll give them credit for advanced knowledge, but only up to a certain point? That doesn't make any sense, if you think about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The map, whether it's a hoax or not, is really reminiscent of Pangea.

I believe much of the scientific community are in consensus that such a "supercontinent" once existed millions of years in the past. Due to the science of plate tectonics, landmasses drifted apart from one another to create the 7 continents we have today.

Wiki:

Pangea was a supercontinent that existed during the late Paleozoic and early Mesozoic eras, forming about 300 million years ago[2] and beginning to rift around 200 million years ago, before the component continents were separated into their current configurations.[3] The single global ocean which surrounded Pangaea is accordingly named Panthalassa.

Here are diagrams/maps showing the break-up of Pangea over time.

Interesting stuff!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
No way this could be as ancient as claimed. Ancient Chinese cartographers drew things reverse of the image here. I mean, they drew their maps upside down.

This map is drawn western-style, not ancient eastern style.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
australia isnt there cause it was part of antartica before it broke off

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
If groups like National Geographic, MSM, the Library of Congress, etc are calling this a FAKE,

That tells me one thing: they are HIDING some thing...

If I have learned ONE thing about propaganda it's this:

Believe the OPPOSITE of what they are saying.

I know the difference between a hoax and a cover-up and this screams "COVER-UP" to me...

How nice that you have created a way to believe in fringe hoaxes despite mountains of evidence. Here is a hint for you ... what does China mean? How do they view themselves (especially at this time)? With their beliefs, where should China appear on the map? Where does it appear?

If you are able to follow some very simple steps I outlined for you then you will come to see this map is highly unlikely to be anything other than a fake.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by rickymouse

Interesting thought but.......the last Ice Age ended around 12'000 years ago and started around 110'000 years ago. That blows the 4'000 year date totally out of the water.

God, i seem to be in serial debunker mode today. Not a position i like!

The last Ice Age started millions of years ago .. and has not ended. We are currently in the "last" Ice Age. I believe you mean the interglacial period started about 11,000-12,000 years ago. Otherwise I can agree.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join