Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

4,000yo ancient Asian map(s) of entire planet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Other maps probably do exist but they are being held in The Vatican or The Smithsonian Institute. A detailed 4000 year old map would probably show the location of Atlantis.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

For me, the most obvious standout feature that says the map is not original, is that China is not drawn in the middle, as all their other maps are. It is, after all, what they call themselves.

edit on 8-1-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Agreed, also this map is not a map for travellers, nor a sea fairing map. Any map, ancient, would be to aid travellers, with their means of travel.

Unless someone suggests they had satellites too.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Hmm, just out of interest, what do you think are the main motives for hiding these parts of history? I don´t really see who would benefit from that, and hiding something costs money.

I do know about quite a few strange artifacts and locations, and sure, some mysteries remain unsolved (those underwater structures in japan come to mind, or maybe puma punku). But is there a massive undertaking going on to suppress all
people involved in archeology and research?

It just seems like a lot of work for a reason I can´t understand.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit

Hmm, just out of interest, what do you think are the main motives for hiding these parts of history?

For control, lets say our ancestors had vast knowledge, lets even say we didn't originate from this planet.. The government(s) have us under control right now why would they want to stir us up?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I do believe ancient man knew more than we're being told. Much of hte knowledge has been destroyed for various reasons; like war, time or disaster, nationalism. However, I'm not sure hte rabbit hole is deep. I'm definitely not going to start believing everything I read.

I've read that buddhism or hinduism are more cosmically accurate. As in, they better fit the idea that the earth follows the sun and the sun revolves around something else and that there're many suns doing the same thing around some central mass. Could this represent ancient asian knowledge?

It was natural back then to think things revolved around earth because during the day the sun revolved around us and at night the moon and stars did the same. However, if somebody were to measure the movements of the points of light with a higher mathematical understanding then they may see that they're not revolving around earth. On the other hand, it may be purely psychological. Western religions tend to be monotheistic whereas eastern religions recognize a greater number of gods and tend to say that discovery is individual. They're about MANY, rather than ONE.

This idea of many rather than one suggests there're other universes to me. At least, if history continues into the future with some consistency then this universe is not the center of reality. There's no guarantee that the one becomes hte many, but it happens repeatedly.
edit on 8-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Thanks for that post, can't have people believing the ridiculous notion that the map in that photo is 4000 years old.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

A 4000 year old map would probably be made of stone. As far as Atlantis, the earliest known mention of it is from around 360bc. in a fictional account where it says the Atlantians tried to invade Athens, failed and their city fell into the ocean in one day. Reliable, eh?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit

Hmm, just out of interest, what do you think are the main motives for hiding these parts of history? I don´t really see who would benefit from that, and hiding something costs money.

I do know about quite a few strange artifacts and locations, and sure, some mysteries remain unsolved (those underwater structures in japan come to mind, or maybe puma punku). But is there a massive undertaking going on to suppress all
people involved in archeology and research?

It just seems like a lot of work for a reason I can´t understand.

Let me help you out.

All of the paradigms of modern science are based on the simple idea that we are getting closer to truth than we have been in the past. They are also predicated on a interdisciplinary supporting of findings.

The problem with this concept is that the paradigms and interdisciplinary support of findings are actually based on a foundation that is utterly flawed.

If it were acknowledged that man had worldwide navigation capability long prior to conventional thought, it would erode the basic foundation of anthropology, which would in turn collapse the supposed interdisciplanary findings that support the same, including: evolution, geology, etc...

It would reveal instead of multiple disciplines coming to the same conclusions separately, they are in fact relying on each other to come to their findings.

This would in turn completely erode the confidence in their findings and the paradigms would be seen for what they are, religious beliefs...

Jaden

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Thanks for that post, can't have people believing the ridiculous notion that the map in that photo is 4000 years old.

Aye, it's doubly ridiculous when all the claims (outside of this thread) about the map say it's a copy of one produced in 1418 - and that it's these claims which are in turn refuted due to errors in the writing on it which point to a rather poor modern fake.

But, even if it is genuine, 1418AD is still as far back as it goes.
edit on 8-1-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
the second linke if i read the link correctly (it didn't load but it says PiriReis) should have been the now famous PiriReis map that shows Antarctica and most of the Eastern Northern and Southern American continents in stunning detail, supposedly chartered by a turkish admiral (i cant' remember the year)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen

California - why is it not connected to USA in that 4000 yr old map?

perhaps it was a misunderstanding of baja California?

such an error to me lends to the authenticity argument.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Interesting ... looks similar to maps used by zheng he when he set out on his voyages .. they have his journals and records still in museum in china ... he used old maps when first set out on his voyages ...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I listened to the interview and perused the website, but I agree with those who raise questions about the original form of the maps. Without carbon dating the maps it is difficult to be sure about some things.

Here is a scenario that is only hypothetical, undoubtely exaggerated but nonetheless, illustrative:

4000 years ago a map maker makes a map. It is of a village in China.

3000 years ago this map has been recopied many times and is much more comprehensive. It is of a kingdom in China. It is owned by someone who lives far from the village where it was originally made. The village no longer exists, but it is still on the map labeled with its 1000 year old name.

2000 years ago after many more recopyings, the map is of China and parts of Southeast Asia and Russia. The original village is still on the map, but the map is located in Korea, where its present owner lives.

Etc., etc.

I don't doubt that the Chinese were in North America earlier than Columbus, but not having seen detailed scholarly examinations of questions raised by the existence of these maps, I remain interested and open to persuasion, but unconvinced that Chinese mariners were in North America 4000 years ago.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
If groups like National Geographic, MSM, the Library of Congress, etc are calling this a FAKE,

That tells me one thing: they are HIDING some thing...

If I have learned ONE thing about propaganda it's this:

Believe the OPPOSITE of what they are saying.

I know the difference between a hoax and a cover-up and this screams "COVER-UP" to me...

On seeing the first of his seven old Asian maps in an antique shop in Korea in 1972 my father, Baptist missionary Dr. Hendon M. Harris, Jr., immediately associated it with the Shan Hai Jing, a Chinese classic reportedly written 2200 B.C. and quoted throughout China’s history. The Shan Hai Jing told of Chinese travel to the four corners of the world including a beautiful land far to the east of China named Fu Sang. It described Fu Sang’s terrain and animals in detail. Father realized that the map showed the fabled Fu Sang where America is today.

Father contended the maps written in classical Chinese indicated that by 2200 B.C. Chinese came to America by sea and were the founding fathers of American Indians. He believed that early Chinese and other Asians made many subsequent trips to the New World.

Determining the truth about an event in history is like trying to piece together a crime scene. I began to see one common thread. Many of the people who presented ideas similar to my father’s have faced rejection or hostility from others who were not ready to re-examine history.

One television newsman asked me “If this is true, why have I never heard this before?” Just remember that because you never heard something before does not keep it from being true. Which one of us knows everything there is to know?

Charlotte Harris Rees Excerpt

Interviews and articles about Charlotte Harris Rees

Is the Library of Congress Hiding Information about Chinese Beating Columbus?

There some more interviews of her on YouTube as well:

Youtube > Charlotte Harris Rees

Secret Maps of the Ancient World (1/6)

Why would anyone, especially a group as prestigious as National Geographic, want to cover up an old map? It may very well be fake, and if multiple groups like this are saying it is then it probably is. You're trying too hard to find a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I too have wondered why TPTB would actively work to keep discoveries relating to not only advanced earlier civilizations - but even discoveries that simply show humans (anatomically modern humans to be specific) have existed much, much longer than the 200k give-or-take range that s generally accepted by mainstream science.

I recently watched a fascinating documentary on YouTube about a site in Mexico that was being re-investigated that was giving up some pretty solid evidence that anatomically modern humans - or something with feet like AMH at any rate - were present in the New World at some staggeringly early date. This would imply that our present understanding of human and/or human ancestors development, range in the world and perhaps even intelligence (did they build boats and cross oceans?) was vastly inaccurate. The constant obstacles and outright sabotage from US and Mexican Authorities (permits to dig, travel, etc etc) were unbelievable but documented, with several related persons ending up dead! When they finally got back to the site, someone had built a house and landscaped the exact area where the dig had been. It was incredibly interesting (most of you would probably enjoy it, for the findings as well as the mystery) and though the title is escaping me at the moment, someone here probably knows which docu I'm referring to.

But anyway, the question remains - why would anyone - apart from perhaps young earth religious folks - care enough to actively suppress, sabotage, threaten and possibly murder people to keep such findings secret and strongly discourage others from picking up the Torch? Not that I'm suggesting religious types (at least not fundamental mainstream religious types) as they already have a very divergent view of history from science anyway, so anything more would seem to be more a threat to established science than anyone else.

One of the consulted Geologists that consistently disagree with the findings of early humans in the docu is quoted as saying off camera by one of the other crew members that he didnt care what the proof showed - the implications were just too far off (out?) from his accepted paradigm (ahem, dogma?). Imagine that - a scientist blatantly admitting that true objective science -facts - aren't what inform his worldview any longer, but instead comfortable familiar ideas based on outdated data. Truly Science is for many simply another type of religion.

I suppose there could certainly be some dark and mysterious reason for those in charge suppressing knowledge of our true history and facts that instantly render accepted theories as outdated. But could it really be as simple as people fearing for their jobs and positions of power and prestige? Certainly. And perhaps even more tragic o pathetic, simple human fear of change, of realizing the role you think you know is anything but.

I think I almost like the idea that there's some mysterious and secret reason why we can't know the truth. To think its just scared and worried humans - no better or worse than myself (tho with different limits and ideas of what matters obviously) is not only disheartening but also...dare I say it? ...unpalatable to my current world view. :-)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
I was searching for a documentary on ancient maps (History ch, Nat Geo, etc) but only came across radio show recordings.

It would be awesome if Ancient Aliens or a similar series did an episode dedicated to ancient maps. Cause how would ancient people have drawn the whole world and with features only someone from the sky/space would be able to depict?

Perhaps it is no coincidence we only have scraps left of the advanced ancient civilizations on Earth, for todays' elite do whatever it takes to keep ancient relics hidden, or destroyed.

Who drew them and how?
edit on 8-1-2013 by minnow because: links

I made an account just so I could answer this, and I can't believe how anyone could fall for this.

Take a close look at the map, WHERE IS AUSTRALIA??? You know the largest island continent on the planet that sits just south of China???

If the Chinese were really able to map out the entire world and go as far south as Antarctica, how could they not bump into Australia when its their closest neighbour/????

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

If you think this is real then tell me, Why couldn't they find Australia when it's their closest neighbour?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Sooo, if this map is real, then what does that say for our past. Other than Pangea. Was Asia technically advanced or what? Or as a lot of UFO thumpers would say, did aliens participate in it, or is it just a fake...?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaExplorer15
Sooo, if this map is real, then what does that say for our past. Other than Pangea. Was Asia technically advanced or what? Or as a lot of UFO thumpers would say, did aliens participate in it, or is it just a fake...?

It can't be real, how on earth did the Chinese discover every intrivate coastline of every other continent on the other side of the planet yet managed to miss Australia the largest island continent on the planet when it sits just shy of China??? Doesn't make any sense, I call hoax.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenSky

It can't be real, how on earth did the Chinese discover every intrivate coastline of every other continent on the other side of the planet yet managed to miss Australia the largest island continent on the planet when it sits just shy of China??? Doesn't make any sense, I call hoax.

Regardless of what I think about the map, I must point you toward the South Americas, you will see Australia sitting just West.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join