It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4,000yo ancient Asian map(s) of entire planet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I was searching for a documentary on ancient maps (History ch, Nat Geo, etc) but only came across radio show recordings.

It would be awesome if Ancient Aliens or a similar series did an episode dedicated to ancient maps. Cause how would ancient people have drawn the whole world and with features only someone from the sky/space would be able to depict?

Perhaps it is no coincidence we only have scraps left of the advanced ancient civilizations on Earth, for todays' elite do whatever it takes to keep ancient relics hidden, or destroyed.

Who drew them and how?
edit on 8-1-2013 by minnow because: links

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I would like to see these ...

But the picture links don't work!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by minnow

above...

edit on 8-1-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by minnow

None of the links work !

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Links not any good for me... OP you are welcome to put these in your post...

I will remove them from this post if you want them...

edit on 8-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Need more info on them. 4000 year old maps?

There should be alot of documentation on them somewhere.

edit on 8-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
Who drew them and how?

The chinese map (image shown in the post above this one) was discussed here a few years ago and a link to a rebuttal was given.

also, a link to National Geographic...
"Chinese Columbus" Map Likely Fake, Experts Say

For me, the most obvious standout feature that says the map is not original, is that China is not drawn in the middle, as all their other maps are. It is, after all, what they call themselves.

edit on 8-1-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
usahitman.com...

This is based on a book that's been on my 'to get' list for a while now "Secret maps of the Ancient World" by Charlotte Harris Rees

However, whilst I understand her premise is that the Chinese may have been visiting America for 4,000 years, the map shown above is NOT 4,000 years old. In fact it is (allegedly) a copy made in 1763 of a map purported to have been first drawn in 1418. Still remarkable if true though - though as noted above the evidence suggests it's a fake

www.economist.com...

See also:

gchess.bizland.com...
edit on 8-1-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
If groups like National Geographic, MSM, the Library of Congress, etc are calling this a FAKE,

That tells me one thing: they are HIDING some thing...

If I have learned ONE thing about propaganda it's this:

Believe the OPPOSITE of what they are saying.

I know the difference between a hoax and a cover-up and this screams "COVER-UP" to me...

On seeing the first of his seven old Asian maps in an antique shop in Korea in 1972 my father, Baptist missionary Dr. Hendon M. Harris, Jr., immediately associated it with the Shan Hai Jing, a Chinese classic reportedly written 2200 B.C. and quoted throughout China’s history. The Shan Hai Jing told of Chinese travel to the four corners of the world including a beautiful land far to the east of China named Fu Sang. It described Fu Sang’s terrain and animals in detail. Father realized that the map showed the fabled Fu Sang where America is today.

Father contended the maps written in classical Chinese indicated that by 2200 B.C. Chinese came to America by sea and were the founding fathers of American Indians. He believed that early Chinese and other Asians made many subsequent trips to the New World.

Determining the truth about an event in history is like trying to piece together a crime scene. I began to see one common thread. Many of the people who presented ideas similar to my father’s have faced rejection or hostility from others who were not ready to re-examine history.

One television newsman asked me “If this is true, why have I never heard this before?” Just remember that because you never heard something before does not keep it from being true. Which one of us knows everything there is to know?

Charlotte Harris Rees Excerpt

Interviews and articles about Charlotte Harris Rees

Is the Library of Congress Hiding Information about Chinese Beating Columbus?

There some more interviews of her on YouTube as well:

Youtube > Charlotte Harris Rees

Secret Maps of the Ancient World (1/6)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by minnow

Dafuq...Can't view the links...One of them said, didn't support hotlinking

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
There is FAR more to the history of this planet than what we are being told...

The truth is being suppressed so people will believe the lies about "cavemen" running around who accidentally "evolved".

There is a MASSIVE stealth agenda behind all of these lies and once you SEE it everything begins to fall into place.

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

"The Phoenicians landed in the Americas thousands of years before the manufactured ‘photo opportunity’ better known as the journey of Christopher Columbus.

"The Phoenicians landed there in ancient times and what appeared to be Egyptian (Phoenician) or Oriental remains were found in the Grand Canyon in the early years of this century, although the knowledge of this has been suppressed. The official story that Christopher Columbus discovered the Americas is ludicrous. "

The Biggest Secret

"Perhaps the most amazing suppression of all is the excavation of an Egyptian tomb by the Smithsonian itself in Arizona. The Smithsonian, however, claims to have absolutely no knowledge of the discovery or its discoverers. "They deny any knowledge of it..."

Cover Ups at the Smithsonian

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Indeed. I firmly believe history has been reworked, reorganized, and rewritten, to benefit the few, and to hide the truth from the many.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

The Phoenicians weren't Egyptians - quite an important distinction given the content of your post. They hailed from the Lebanon area and then set up outposts. For example, Carthage in North Africa (as in enemies of Rome for the Punic Wars).

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The authenticity of the map may be questionable but it does appear that this map could show pre-glacial tendencies, which is very interesting. It also does not show the polar ice caps which would have been of no interest to the people of the time. If the map came from a copy produced in the time around columbus, it means someone knew that the earth was round and knew a general diagram of it. Most ancient literature seems to point to the earth being a sphere, it was the Spanish that changed it I guess. Funny how a conquering people force their perception on the rest of the world.

There is strong evidence that the Chinese were in California a really long time ago. This map represents a before Atlantis world. This would mean that Atlantis was actually around before the Ice age, possibly these people originated the map. The Ancient tales of the Gods may have originated from a very ancient race of beings in my mind. At that time they could have mated with man to increase our knowledge. This would have occurred way before our recorded history with only verbal history passed on from generation to generation. Even Zeus seems to be something that was ancient 2000 years ago. I feel that some of the people they claimed were gods may have been regular people who seemed to be regarded as gods because of their knowledge. Apollo may have been real within our recorded history. Jehovah may have been a survivor also. It is hard to tell from the limits of thousands of articles I have read on the subject.

When I was young I read every book on the subject I could find and watched every movie that was available on the gods. This subject was a great interest of mine all my life. A lot of new information has come out over the years, some glorified and some demeaning. I don't think these beings were gods really, just beings that could have been considered gods by the people of the time. Technically advanced beyond even what we presently can comprehend, but different technology than some we are using today. Where did this technology go? I don't know, but I feel that there were people throughout history who found it and were not believed. Conquering civilizations may have melted it down to make weapons also.

Who knows, I think that many archeologists have the same idea but cannot say so without evidence and the ok of the science or they will lose their accreditation. I think our governments may have taken some of this technology and classified it and adapted it over the years to make their top secret technology. I guess the fact that we are mushrooms may mean we will never get to know for sure.
Lets just say it will always remain above top secret if it exists.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Interesting thought but.......the last Ice Age ended around 12'000 years ago and started around 110'000 years ago. That blows the 4'000 year date totally out of the water.

God, i seem to be in serial debunker mode today. Not a position i like!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

So maybe the map was copied from an ancient map found some where, possibly translated and copied a long time ago. Probably a poor copy found on a stone somewhere made by a being who liked sculpture. Maybe the ancient beings were not even human, another humanoid strain. This world is very old, who's to say another Humanoid did not get super evolved in that time. There would be hardly no remains of a hundred thirty thousand year old Humanoid left to find. Intelligence of civilizations goes up and down throughout history.

On top of that, it doesn't even have to really be a humanoid, it could be some other creature that gained supreme knowledge. How about an advanced birdlike creature that could fly, a big highly evolved bat.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
There is strong evidence that the Chinese were in California a really long time ago. This map represents a before Atlantis world. This would mean that Atlantis was actually around before the Ice age, possibly these people originated the map. The Ancient tales of the Gods may have originated from a very ancient race of beings in my mind. At that time they could have mated with man to increase our knowledge.

California - why is it not connected to USA in that 4000 yr old map?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The other possibility is that those maps are fake. Even very old fakes. The market in antiquities was thriving back in the days of Julius Caesar - it isn't anything new. In the Medieval days in was really very strong.

I don't know, basically. But i will admit to it! Not sure what but something sets the old alarm bells ringing at this one, which is strange because i genuinely do believe in ancient sea faring, which basically precludes some in depth knowledge of navigation and, therefore, the position of things around the globe. But something about these maps doesn't sit right, if you know what i mean........

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

The other possibility is that those maps are fake. Even very old fakes. The market in antiquities was thriving back in the days of Julius Caesar - it isn't anything new. In the Medieval days in was really very strong.

I don't know, basically. But i will admit to it! Not sure what but something sets the old alarm bells ringing at this one, which is strange because i genuinely do believe in ancient sea faring, which basically precludes some in depth knowledge of navigation and, therefore, the position of things around the globe. But something about these maps doesn't sit right, if you know what i mean........

I can't try to debunk this map and can't try to say it's real. They are at least old copies which makes them fakes. I don't know because I have seen so much evidence that the earth was a sphere in the ancient writings that they would have probably have been aware that there were other continents to know this. We have to dump this Columbus thing in our history books. The Evidence of the Vikings in America and the similarities of the structure that were built everywhere should easily disprove this completely. For all I know, some of those big circular stone Spheres they find could have been ancient globes.

edit on 8-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

From what I've read the "California as an Island" maps didn't get started until the early 17th century because of the work of a single spanish cartographer and subsisted for about a century until King Ferdinand VI publicly decreed "California is not an Island." Some speculate that the Spanish knew the entire time that California was not an island and blundered intentionally. At the time accurate maps were considered a state secret however a Spanish ship was captured by the dutch and the Idea of California as an Island was proliferated. If this map is real it would blow that theory out of the water .

Largest private map collection of 'California as Island' comes to Stanford

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join