It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potassium Iodide, The Thyroid Gland, Fluoride, and The Obesity Conspiracy.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This is a little thread that I put together in lieu of some recent research that I have been involved in during the discourse of a few threads. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have putting it together. Now for the ride!

With obesity on the rise in America, and some doctors going to the extent of declaring it an epidemic, we should really be looking towards our SAD, Standard American Diet.

As you can probably tell from this excerpt from the Institute of Medicine, the RDA, Recommended Dietary Intake, is a complete joke. The RDA prescribed for Iodide/Iodine, is a mere 150 micro-grams, added to our table salt to solve the problem of goiters. However, let's take a look at this shall we?

Salt, also known as rock salt (halite), is a crystalline mineral that is composed primarily of sodium chloride (NaCl), a chemical compound belonging to the larger class of ionic salts.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, it just so happens that chloride, is part of the same halogen family as iodide, bromide, and fluoride. The atomic structure of these four are so close, that the thyroid doesn't know any better between them. However, all but iodide, are unusable by the thyroid, and actually cause damage to the thyroid. Now here is where it gets tricky; Due to the atomic weight similarities between these halogens. Chloride(salt), Bromide(baking/bread), and fluoride(water), all displace iodide from the body due to atomic weights. Go back to the RDA now; can you believe these bastards actually want us to consume 4 milligrams of sodium fluoride, while we only need 150 micro-grams of Iodine?

Iodized salt is used to help reduce the incidence of iodine deficiency in humans. Iodine deficiency affects about two billion people and is the leading preventable cause of mental retardation.[33] The practice began in 1924.[34] Iodine deficiency commonly leads to thyroid gland problems, specifically endemic goiter, a disease characterized by a swelling of the thyroid gland, usually resulting in a bulbous protrusion on the neck. Iodized table salt has significantly reduced disorders of iodine deficiency in countries where it is used.[35] Iodine is important to prevent the insufficient production of thyroid hormones (hypothyroidism), which can cause goiter, cretinism in children, and myxedema in adults.

What this means, is that Iodized salt is completely useless for preventing anything but the appearance of a goiter, and will do nothing to address the underlying cause of iodine deficiency. This is due to the fact that chloride, as in Sodium Chloride (pure table salt), displaces Iodine from the body, so that only 10% is really absorbed. This would mean you are only taking in about 15 mcg, compared to even the pitiful 150 mcg, RDA.

Iodine, along with the amino acid L-Tyrosine, work together to create the triiodothyronine(t3) and thyroxine(t4) hormones. These are essential to the metabolism, energy conservation, and overall immune system of the body. These thyroid hormones are crucial because it causes the pituitary gland to release TSH, thyroid stimulating hormone, which works synergistically with the rest of the hormones in the body.

Iodine deficiency has been implicated in heart disease, auto-immune disorders, hypothyroidism, obesity, and Paracelsus was even the first to implicate the connection between parents with goiters and children suffering from mental retardation. This is due to the fact, that if left untreated, hypothyroidism can cause brain damage. Iodine deficiency can also lead to a drop in Serotonin, a key mood and appetite regulator that works with Leptin, the body's natural fat burning hormone. This is also why people who have an iodine deficiency also run the risk of being prone to depression. Serotonin is the body's natural 'happy' neurotransmitter. This also affects the appetite, so people suffering from this combination loss, will feel the compelled need to keep eating. There is a disruption in the hormone Leptin, that causes it not to reach the brain, and signal it to stop eating, your stomach is full.

Iodine deficiency has been linked to breast, ovarian, uterus, and prostate cancers or cysts. Iodine deficiency can cause an intolerance to cold temperatures, low sense of energy aka fatigue, and low body temperature.

Bread, salts, and fluoridate water and processed foods, will displace iodine from the body, requiring a greater need of Iodine than currently set by the RDA. High fructose corn syrup can inhibit leptin production, while at the same time causing a deficiency in Iodine. This will cause your brain to think you need more food to be 'full' and will also destroy your metabolism, making it that much harder to burn the fat, and lose weight.

Warning: Do not take in high doses during pregnancy without consulting your doctor.

Evidence exists that Potassium Iodide may be beneficial for the treatment of cystic fibrosis, emphysema, bronchitis, strep throat, pneumonia, and many other respiratory illnesses by acting as an expectorant.

Now with all of this overwhelming evidence about the benefits and deficiency related illnesses and disease, about Iodine, why have most of us never heard about it? Many of us are aware of the countless mountains of evidence about Sodium Fluoride being completely toxic and cumulative in the body. Sodium Fluoride, displaces Iodine from the body, while tricking the Thyroid into absorbing it, so that it can breakdown the thyroid from the inside. The prescription anti-depressant Prozac is made with forms of fluoride. This is also the mechanism in which fluoride can cause brain damage, or loss of IQ, especially in developing young children. This can also be implicated in the staggering number of patients on Prozac and other fluoride-related anti-depressants, that develop hypothyroidism throughout the course of their lives.

Adolf Hitler was the first to fluoridate the public water supply to the Jewish prisoners in the concentration camps. His guards noticed that the prisoners had a dramatic decrease in the urge to fight their captors, and attempt to escape...It essentially made them akin to passive sheep who wouldn't fight their fate. Many of us heard about the gas chambers utilized in the attempted genocidal execution of the Jewish prisoners. I propose before you all, that the gas he pumped into the shower stalls, was none other than Sarin nerve gas. Fluoride composes one of the basic ingredients used in Sarin nerve gas. This is how I propose that Adolf Hitler planned to exterminate the Jewish captives. He was going to kill them with the Sarin gas that he derived from the fluoride in their drinking water.

Now how does this affect us? It is added to our public water supplies, our processed foods, our soda, our juice, and innumerable amounts of other items that we consume on a daily basis. Anything made with or containing tap water will also contain fluoride. I have reason to suspect that whatever Wizard behind the curtain that is running this show, has added it to our supplies in order to accomplish one of two things.

The first of which being, to create passive and docile prisoners, who live in a society, in which they believe they are free, to do what their masters say. The saying goes :

The best slave, is the one who doesn't even know he is enslaved.
This is why a majority of Americans have a very big problem with developing critical thinking skills. Most have a complete inability to think for themselves outside any preconceived dogmatic beliefs that their master's have instilled in them. This is why they consider us to be 'paranoid conspiracy theorists', and are also very impressionable and susceptible to persuasion by authority figures.

The second part of the agenda from the Mad Doctor, is to create fat, out of shape slaves, so that when "SHTF" they will be completely unable to defend themselves, or escape. You can not run away from the cops, military, or tanks for that matter, when you are 120 lbs overweight, and have the stamina of a pea. We will be completely incapable of getting away from whatever is coming. They are creating the obesity epidemic to draw more money out of the citizens pockets from all the illnesses they fall to, and into their pharmaceutical companies, while at the same time creating sick, diseased, out of shape, IQ deficient slaves, just competent enough to run the machines and fill the paperwork out without asking questions.

They don't want a bunch of mentally competent citizens sitting around the kitchen table figuring out how badly they are getting screwed over by a corrupt system, that threw every single one of them overboard to the sharks, about 80 years ago!

The Japanese have a standard diet incorporating as much as 12mg of Iodine into their diets, and they have one of the most physically fit populations in the entire world. Take a trip to Japan sometime, you won't see many obese, out of shape, citizens dragging their 'Crocs' down the street. Now how, can we, as a nation adhere to this level of consumption, with our SAD? It is quite simple.

You may purchase Iodoral tablets, which come in doses of 12.5 milligrams, yes milligrams, not micrograms, to 50 milligrams. Or you can order a bottle of Lugol's 8% Potassium Iodide solution, which 1 drop would suffice daily. All-Natural, non-processed, sea salt, also contains good amounts of Iodine.

What are the benefits of Potassium Iodide?

It can be used to treat and prevent skin, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological disorders, illnesses, and diseases such as :

Atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, arthritis, depression, low energy and metabolism, pneumonia, bronchitis, eczema, hypothyroidism, clogged arteries, radiation contamination, cancer, emotional disorders, herpes, staph infection, all types of germs/bacteria/viruses/infections, dental caries, hay fever, antiseptic, disinfectant, boils, cysts, cystic fibrosis, insect bites, hives, impaired immune system function, miscarriage, warts, fungal infections, common cold, AIDS/HIV, STD, polio, pineal gland calcification, boost memory and overall brain function, Fibrocystic breast disease, asthma, breast and ovary disorders, fatigue, pesticide, dilation of cervix, yeast infection, boost immune system in even healthy individuals, salivary gland stones, kidney stones, gallbladder stones, hyperlipidemia, retinal hemorrhaging, anti-inflammatory agent, inactivates caustic enzymes, anti-biotic properties, melanoma, nerve disease, fever, and an innumerable amount of other conditions.

I think it is safe to say, most, if not all of us could benefit from a few good mg of Iodine.

I hope you all enjoyed this, and until next time!

edit on 8-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Thank you so much for all this...lots of things to think about and investigate. I'm currently working on my own vitamin and mineral/herbal regime, along with food issues and perhaps intolerances, so this is very useful to me. Personally I think you're spot on about how we are all being doped with processed food and additives that we don't even know about, let alone care about. I would encourage anyone to try dropping all processed food from their diets for a while and watch the difference it will make to them.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

My next thread will be outlining those very same chemicals and additives ;P

Some very bad people are about to get outed for the destructive monsters they are!

Stay tuned for that thread! It will be some mind-breaking information!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Will be watching and drooling a bit...I love this kind of information and read up on it all the time. I just don't have to space in my life, or the confidence really, to create a thread about it all, so thank you again. I seem to be insanely sensitive to additives and certain natural food, and there are some things I never ever touch, like any kind of fizzy drink (totally toxic!). I'm seriously thinking about buying a water filter next. For a few years I lived in a cottage in the middle of nowhere that had it's own private water supply straight from a well that was fed by water running off the hills. I'm not saying it was perfect water, but it was pretty damn close, and most importantly, NOT fluoridated. Since I moved a year and a half ago, I think there has been a definite drop in my mood cycle (not that I'm depressed at all), and a absolute drop in my creative/spiritual life, which worries me more. But then...I'm possibly at the extreme end of sensitive to this stuff, so maybe tiny differences would seem massive to me. I know that most people simply have no idea how much this is all affecting them. Worse....they don't care, which I guess is the whole point.

Hope you get lots of stars and flags. Can't wait for the next thread.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Be careful with well-water. It can be naturally fluoridated with calcium fluoride, while not as bad as sodium fluoride. Too much will cause arthritis problems from calcification of soft tissues and organs. I find distilled water to be the best, because the mineral and nutrients in water, aren't directly from the water. They are run-off from the rocks around the water. The minerals and nutrients are inorganic due to their derivation from the rocks, and ergo, our bodies can not incorporate them.

Distilled water is not bogged down with all the contaminants that most water is. Water is supposed to be used to cleanse the body of toxins, but since the water is so full of contaminants and chemicals, it doesn't have any 'free-memory' to take the toxins too.

Distilled water doesn't share that issue

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
S&F!

It never dawned upon me that Sodium chloride would block the absorption of Iodine ions.

So, assuming the above is true, how do we get iodine into our gut or bloodstream while avoiding interference from salts and flouride?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by minnow

Cut them out of your diet, and/or supplement with 12.5 milligrams to 50 milligrams of Iodoral tablets. Lugol's Iodine solution would work. However, most can't get around the terrible metallic taste.

www.amazon.com...

Two of these bad boys a day, and you wouldn't even know what hit you.

What cold, Ma?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Oh i've got a stockpile of Potassium Iodide pills 30mg,

i was savin them for a "radiation" day..

How much PI can be taken daily, safely?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

The only time you risk damaging yourself is if you have hyperthyroidism, and related conditions.Otherwise, you should be able to take the 30mg.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well written, OP. And don't forget, Chlorine (used in our water supply to help clean it) also is a halide and competes for iodine receptor sites.

It's almost like they want to kill us.

I have been supplimenting with one drop of Lugols (for a total of 6.5mg) a day for quite sometime now. A few years ago I bought a whole house water filter that removes the flouride. Every day I add one drop of lugols to a litre of water with a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinagar and drink it while at my desk at work.

And yeah... those Japanese... They get LOTS of iodine from seaweed in their diet. And smoke like chimmneys. And yet longest life span in the modern world.

From Wikipedia:
"Japan has the longest overall life expectancy at birth of any country in the world: 83.5 years for persons born in the period 2010–2015".

and...

"Nearly 30 million people smoke in Japan, making the country one of the world's largest tobacco markets.[1] Japan is one of the last industrialized nations in the world where adult smoking is still widespread; statistics show Japanese men smoke at one of the highest rates in the world in 2002".

Makes ya' wonder doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

I should have mentioned the chlorine in water, for those who didn't know...Thanks for adding that to the thread though. It should be mentioned that smoking will also cause deficiency in Iodine, which is why the Japanese appear completely unaffected by it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by minnow

The only time you risk damaging yourself is if you have hyperthyroidism, and related conditions.Otherwise, you should be able to take the 30mg.

30mg a day over 30 days = 900mg?
Roughly under a 1gram per month sounds like a plan.
Iodine-rich *natural* diet sources sounds like an even better one, but competing salts would be a problem, eh?

Gotta love miso, though!

Any known side effect risks for persons without thyroid or other related disorders?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

Your body will put out whatever it doesn't use in the urine. The damage limit for Iodine, is extremely high, you can take up to 130 grams in the case of a biological emergency from radiation, and still be fine. 30 a day, would not be a problem.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
And... up until about 30-40 years ago, each slice of bread had about 150mcgs's of iodine. Then the powers the be replaced the nice healthy iodine with the bromine you mentioned. And we don't need bromine!

At least in Australia, they woke up in 2009:

www.couriermail.com.au...

Now, you might ask yourself "Self, why did they remove the iodine from our bread"?

Get ready...

It's beacuse it interfered with the uptake of radioactive iodine, used in thyroid imaging tests!

Yup. Really:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Immediate disadvantages of high iodide intake are principally
concerned with the administration of radioiodine for
scanning and uptake studies".

So, they want to test our thyroids, which benefit tremendously from iodine, by REMOVING iodine from bread, so they can test our thyroids for problems.

You just can't make this stuff up.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Yeah, they are the biggest con-men that I have ever known...They decided to use Bromide as a baking agent in most everything these days. That is why high intake grain eaters, usually develop a low thyroid function. Not to mention they also use tap water in making the bread, which contains fluoride & chloride. Commercial bread is like an anti-thyroid agent, all wrapped into one.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Another great thread my friend, glad you did not take off for parts unknown.

So taking potassium iodide is okay?

Thanks again.........

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

www.sciencelab.com...

Keep in mind that the LD/50 is determined by a 4% solution of Lugol's Iodine, therefore, 22000 mg, is actually much higher.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I will be traveling soon, but there is some current business that is keeping me at my current location.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wonderful thread, OP. Learned a lot.

Do you happen to know if iodine is found in natural foods, and if so, what kind? Also, do you know how it might work with the Vitamin C thread that's big right now?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

The two work synergistically together. Vitamin C and Iodine are some of the most powerful nutrients required by the body.

I have a few herbal remedy books, I will check them for any information regarding natural herbs that contain Iodine. Kelp and Seaweed do from the top of my head.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join