It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013 gaming releases. What's on your list?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
To be honest, I'm getting pretty jaded about gaming. The only PC game that I found to be really engaging was Skyrim, and the other for fast action was Left 4 Dead 1 & 2. Aliens: Colonial Marines looks to be on a par with Left 4 Dead, as it follows the same game dynamic, but time will tell.

Been looking at Elder Scrolls Online and can't quite make my mind up about it at the moment. What has been presented in the videos looks overly complex, but what will really make it a 'hit' or 'miss' is how they deal with the cheaters and hackers...if anything spoils a game it is them buggers. Most of the other games mentioned are just fringe glitter, shells with no substance or engagement value.

So yeah, feeling pretty jaded with games as there is not one single game looking to set new levels of originality or engagement, just the same loop over and over again, run around, kill stuff, amass treasure, die, respawn, carry on ad nauseum.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

I've been feeling the same way. It's been harder getting into these games that are supposedly so popular but end up being the same old thing. Like Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. I got them both. Played through the singleplayer campaigns. Ended up being sorely disappointed.

However, I did recently get the Mass Effect trilogy on PC. I wasn't sure if I was going to like them but it turns out they were pretty dang good. You might give them a try if you are looking for something a bit different.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm def looking forward to GoW Ascension. The other I am chomping at the bit for is Castlevania - Lords of Shadow 2. I seriously think the first one was drastically underrated...loved that game and story.

I was a final fantasy xi player for over 5 years myself. When they came out with the "Abyssea" trash, I quit...wasn't worth the time or the money anymore...well...to me anyway.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join