It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013 gaming releases. What's on your list?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I actually bought Far Cry 3. Had a blast playing the story. Now I am going to go back and start exploring islands in depth to see if I can find a hot air balloon or something neat.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I've got a bunch of games to trade in, and I really can't decide between getting Farcry 3 or Borderlands 2 as an immediate purchase.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

I wouldn't "trade in" games to a place like Gamestop or whatever because you're just throwing away money. Try selling or trading them on Craigslist.

Get Borderlands 2, it's awesome!

Oh and I suppose I have a new game to add to my list, one just announced this morning. Pokemon X or Y for the 3DS. I'll get one and my son will get the other.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Anundeniabletruth because: Add

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Aliens colonial marines has been on my list for awhile. I'm a sucker for the alien films.

I wish they could make just one good Jurassic park game with a full open map. sorta like a shooter/survival style game.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anundeniabletruth

Oh and I suppose I have a new game to add to my list, one just announced this morning. Pokemon X or Y for the 3DS. I'll get one and my son will get the other.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Anundeniabletruth because: Add

That's too cute!
how old is your son?
My son is 4, and we play Mario Bros or Mario Kart together on the WiiU, and he loves to sit right in against me while I play Animal Crossing.
I can't wait until he's interested in things like Pokemon. I'm trying not to push it on him, but I still have the GBA games onwards (Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire) and hope one day, he'll want to have a go
He knows who some of them are, he's watched the very first series etc.
He's like a mini version of me
I'm so excited for when he starts to get into games other than Mario

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 404ed

A Jurassic Park game would be AWESOME!
Perhaps something a little like Turok?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Sly Cooper, Tearaway, Last of Us, GTA V, more LittleBigPlanet DLC

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
GTA V

Just that game... Thats all i need for the next 10 years

Far Cry 3 has been brilliant though

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Star Wars the Old Republic Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

The Elder scrolls online game looks good. I wonder how it will stack up against Guildwars 2 and Wow in Pve and Pvp.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Exactly!
i think exploring the full map of the island from the movie after all the systems failed would be amazing.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 404ed

In my opinion, that could have potential. If you had a team based affair, one team in the park, the other team trying to get systems back online etc while the others have to survive with no contact between either team so it's based on map indicators and guess work, might make for a deliciously stressful and exciting game

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Wow cool a chick that plays games. Anyways I'm looking forward to God Of War Ascension, The Last Of Us, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero, and Bayonetta 2.

I'm hoping to see more of Dark Souls 2 and I'm looking forward to what ever Nintendo has to announce. I would like to see a new Metroid game announced this year.
edit on 11-1-2013 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I am excited about Fire Emblem: Awakening! I LOVE the Fire Emblem series! I've been so anxious about it for the last year. Just a little bit longer

Like others, I am excited for Grand Theft Auto V. I'll never forget the good old days of playing GTA3 after school with my friends, we had so much fun with that game.

I want to be excited for a new Castlevania game, but the next one is also going to be 2.5D I think.. and I really didn't care for the 3D Castlevania's too much. I LOVE the 2D ones. Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow, Order of Ecclesia, Portrait of Ruin, Harmony of Dissonance, Circle of the Moon.. I have played them so many times. I hope they come out with a truly 2D one again soon.

Another Pokemon game(s) comes out this year, finally for the 3DS. I love the Pokemon series, even though it's the same game over and over, aren't most franchises
They are still fun and entertaining for me!

Also, Animal Crossing! I've been waiting for a 3DS Animal Crossing. Can't wait

Right now, though, I need to beat a lot of games I'm in the middle of.. I'm re-playing Xenogears for the millionth time (Still my favorite video game to date). I need to beat Persona 4 finally. I'm in the middle of Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS. And lately I've been wasting a ton of time on Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. I also need to play Xenoblade... Got it when it came out, but never really started yet!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'm hoping for another fallout installment, getting bored playing FO3 and FONV

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Star Wars 1313 has potential to be a good game. It's suppose to be a slightly darker side of the Star Wars Universe than we normally get. You play as a bounty hunter in the shady lower levels of Coruscant. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.
edit on 13-1-2013 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

URGH Dark Souls!
I've never played a game so hard!! It makes me RAAAAGE! And I made the massive mistake of attacking an NPC right by a bonfire so there was then no safe space for me to heal or respawn so I had to restart!
I actually got reasonably far before my nerves couldn't take it anymore

I really enjoyed it though, and I really liked how the whole game was a massive learning curve, and how the monsters who were bosses became regular piddly enemies a while later.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Deadscreameyes

Xenoblade is great! I really love that game! It has nothing to do with the fact that I actually have a huge crush on the guy who voices Shulk (Adam Howden, who also does the voice for Anders in Dragon Age 2). There are loads of great things about Xenoblade, and just talking about it makes me want to play it again

I played a lot of Harvest Moon, but my personal favourite is just Harvest Moon DS. It has a good old mix of everything in it, unlike Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns, where you could live in one town which caters for animals, or the other which caters for crops. Pain in the ass. Travelling back and forth was just a massive waste of time.

I'm excited for the new Pokemon too
I remember buying the first ever Pokemon Red on gameboy for like my 12th birthday

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
There isn't too much down the pipeline that has me excited this year, thus far.

Metro: Last Light looks good. The first game was ok. Could have been better. I might give the sequel a try.

Company of Heroes 2 might be coming out this year. That should be good.

Grand Theft Auto V might be good.

Wasteland 2 is one I'm hoping gets released this year. But I won't hold me breath on that one.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is looking great. Cryengine 3 has done it wonders. I'm definately going to be getting that one at some point.

Aliens: Colonial Marines might be epic. It will probably be worth the purchase.

In the distant future, I'm looking forward to more Hitman games, more Mass Effect games, maybe something new in the Dead Rising series, and always holding out hope for another Mercenaries game.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Ugghh the list would be long indeed there are a whole bunch of games comming out in 2013 that should be great games.

From the top of my head I will just list some games I am looking forward to.

Devil May Cry 5, when I first heard there remaking the whole thing I thought it was going to suck, but I played heavenly sword by Ninja Theory and the game was really good, seeing as they were doing it i think it may be better then the original Devil May Cry's. From all I seen they really went far and way out there with it.

Metal Gear Rising, they really took the whole Jack persona and the whole cyber ninja warrior thing that they had going in the metal gear games to a new level and expanded on that world, the game looks crazy.

Sly Cooper thieves in time, a really fun game for all ages I really liked the first sly cooper games this one should be more of the same only with updated graphics and everything.

Dead Space 3, never really got into these games but that is only because I never had the time.

The new tomb raider, never was that much of a fan of the older games because the controls plain sucked, but this one looks like its going to be worth the wait.

Bioshock Infinite, nothing more need be said for those that played the games.

The Last of Us, survival horror done in a whole new light, and supposedly a whole new way.

And those are some of the games out already or coming up in the next few months, down the line in 2013 there are supposed to be a whole bunch of new games coming out, most I cant even keep track of because there so far out.

Games like Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeros,

Dark Souls 2 which I am looking forward to as well, big fan of the first games.

This game, Remember Me, know nothing about it but its tittle and that it looks good.

Or even that new game that the makers of Halo bungei are working on. Which may not even come out in 2013 or late in year. I think the title is "Destiny" there's nothing online about it but some concept art, and story art, and a backstory about were the game is gonna be set in something about the future and a spaceship the size of the moon and alien invaders, from all I seen it looks like its going to be bigger and better for them then the Halo franchise was.

edit on 16-1-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join