It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013 gaming releases. What's on your list?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
2013 sees some releases for some games I've been waiting years for, and also some DLC etc which I'm looking forward to.

Release information

In particular, I'm looking forward to:

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
- been so long in the making, not sure when I even heard about it, but I'm so glad it's finally being released in the UK toward the end of the month!

Metal Gear Rising - Revengeance - I love Metal Gear Solid, despite being terrible at espionage games!

Rayman Legends - Played the demo on my WiiU, my little boy loves it, and my other half thinks it's going to be pretty good, so that'll keep the boys happy.

Gears of War: Judgement - I think I've played all the Gears of War games, they're generally always pretty good. I might not pick this one up immediately at release, though.

God of War: Ascension - I love GoW games, particularly because I love the mythology the games are based on, so this will be a definite play for me.

Bioshock Infinite - I played some of Bioshock, but didn't really get into the series until Bioshock 2. Now I'm looking foward to playing this.

The Last of Us - This is another that has been in the pipeline for so long, I don't remember when I even heard about it, but this is hotly anticipated by my man.

Releases as yet undated but set for 2013:

Animal Crossing New Leaf. My other half and I were massive fans before we even met. This is a definite for both of us, and I think we'll probably end up getting two copies to avoid squabbling over who plays when

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate I'm a huge Monster Hunter fan, and I'm looking forward to being able to play this on the WiiU and 3DS. My other half has recently become interested in it too, so we will be able to play together using the two systems.

Grand Theft Auto V. It just has to be done. I remember playing the very first GTA games on Playstation. I hope the steering controls aren't as sensitive this time though

Lego City Undercover. This looks like it's going to be amazing, and I love Lego games.

Luigi's Mansion 2. Luigi's Mansion on the GameCube was probably one of the sweetest games I ever played. I can't wait to see it's sequel this year.

South Park The Stick of Truth. I am a big South Park fan. And when I saw the trailer for this when it came out at E3 (I think?), it looked amazing. I'm not entirely sold on it now, as the trailer made it seem more like an episode than a game, and I'm quibbling over the gameplay style. It's one of those I've got my eye on, but will have to see closer to the time, I think.

There have also been rumours of new Skyrim DLC, nothing more than a potential name at the moment, but I know I'll get that because I'm a sucker for Skyrim.

So is there anything on the list you're anticipating to such an extent your pants are itching like they're harbouring a nest of ants? Or is there anything on the list which you know is coming out, and should be on there, but isn't? (Monster Hunter wasn't on the list but I know it's coming out in March, for example).

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Are you a registered gun owner?
Your list of prospective games kind of concerns me, especially if you're a teenager.

Maybe the majority of video games available shouldn't involve killing everything & everyone for a change, besides sports games. That's the point I was trying to make... I want to play a video game that doesn't involve mass genocide, of any species. Maybe spiders, we all hate spiders I think.

Honestly, I want a decent Star Trek game to come out for the major gaming systems, for real already!

Both MMORPG & single player/co-op adventure.
When was the last decent Star Trek game anyone remembers playing?

edit on 8-1-2013 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
deffo bioshock but i try not to look at the release date i keep getting let down . :0). south park should be fun too. I'm hoping there will be some better kinect games this year along the lines of rise of nightmares or fable the journey but more involved. Splinter cell should be good too not usually a fan of that type i prefer fantasy stuff but the splinter cells have been really good.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
What about call of duty, why is it not on the list for november?!?! Are they actually going to go a year without a call of duty?!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

No, I am a 26 year old mother, from the UK.
I've been playing video games since I was 5 years old. So far, no homicidal maniacal tendencies. Not even so much as a criminal record.

And if you're not contributing to the topic, I'd appreciate if you stayed out of the conversation if you're just here to try to derail by your "Video games are evil" agenda.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Honestly, are you not sick of CoD? They're the same game, rehashed, and repackaged every time! Personally, I hate them. I've played CoD, and Battlefield 3 and I prefer neither of them.
Perhaps war games just aren't my thing.
Also, they rely heavily on the online multiplayer rather than the story. No-one gives two farts about the single player

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The Last of us.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

lost planet 3 ,ive loved the other 2 both multiplayer and single player are awesome just need more people for the multiplayer part ,and your right about cod i used to like the single player part but now its nothing there that you haven't done before

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The only one I'm waiting for is Elder Scrolls Online.

I think once this comes out, I probably won't be playing any other games for a long while.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

here have also been rumours of new Skyrim DLC, nothing more than a potential name at the moment, but I know I'll get that because I'm a sucker for Skyrim

There are coming a Elder Schrolls Online in 2013, that should get you all trippy

elderscrollsonline.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I think the Skyrim DLC you're referring to is Dragonborn.
That one, along with Hearthfire and Dawnguard will tide me over until ES Online.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'm just going to go down that list you linked to and point out the games I'm interested in as I see them. This is going to be a long post, for that I'm sorry. I've bolded the names of each game so that if you don't want to read my whole post to see what I'm interested in, you can just read the bold stuff.

I'm looking forward to playing Dead Space 3 but I've never finished the first one and the second one I had fun with but once I beat it I had no desire to do anything more with it, like the multiplayer.

I'm surprisingly interested in Tomb Raider even though I never liked the old Tomb Raider games. The stuff they showed at E3 looked pretty promising.

I'm interested in Gears but I'm not sure how I feel about how different it's going to be. It could be way better than normal Gears of War or it could be way worse, I'll just have to wait and see. Definitely not a day one buy as of right now.

I'm actually interested in Army of Two but the first two were so much better in local co-op than single player that since I don't have anyone to play it with now, I may not like it nearly as much.

I've already pre-ordered the Bioshock Infinite premium edition so I'm obviously very excited for that. It just looks unbelievably amazing.

Dead Island: Riptide could be good but it looks more like an expansion pack for Dead Island than a stand alone game, plus I still never beat the original Dead Island. It was a surprisingly good game though. It's implementation of using the analog stick to swing melee weapons was one of the coolest gaming innovations to come out in a while. I know Fight Night's been doing that for a while but Dead Island was the first one to do it outside of a boxing game.

I play Xbox games 99% of the time but I do own other systems including a PS3. That being said, The Last of Us is the only PS3 game I'm looking forward to. The storyline for that game just sounds so good and the graphics look amazing. What with the post-apocalyptic setting, I would think most ATS gamers would be interested in this one.

If Battlefield 4 comes out this year, I'll be interested in that since Battlefield is probably my favorite multiplayer shooter. The simple spotting mechanic in the game gives it a huge boost above other shooters; Throw in the huge maps, classes with their own abilities, and wide range of vehicles including jets, and it's just a much grander game than it's competition.

Grand Theft Auto V. Is there anything else I really need to say here?

Injustice looks kind of cool but I get bored with fighting games pretty quickly. I may get more or less interested in it as I learn more but it's worth mentioning.

Metro: Last Light is worth a mention because the first Metro sort of went under the radar but was a pretty decent game from an unknown developer. I don't know a whole lot about Last Light but it's definitely one to look out for.

I'm really looking forward to South Park and I have been since I first heard about it months ago. Trey and Matt are putting their full support behind this game and writing the whole thing. If the game is bad, it won't be from a narrative standpoint, that's for sure. A South Park RPG just sounds awesome.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist looks really good. I didn't get too into the last one, Conviction I think it was, but I used to love Pandora Tomorrow back in the day and the gameplay for Blacklist looks very promising.

Watch Dogs is a game that I don't think very many people know about yet but it's certainly one to keep an eye on. It looks very original. It's an open world action-adventure game set in Chicago, Illinois that centers around technology and the ability to hack into technology at any moment and what someone can do once they have access to things they aren't supposed to. It seems right up ATS's alley.

There are a few more that I'm somewhat interested in but don't know enough about yet such as XCOM or the new Walking Dead game but I believe I mentioned all the games I'm currently excited for and have looked into. I'm sure there will be a few that will sneak up on me though.

edit on 1/8/2013 by AlphaX because: Added Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Bioshock

God of War

Gears of War

Dead Space

Ni No Kuni

Tomb Raider

Tales of Xillia U.S. release

Devil May Cry

Dragon's Crown

Elder Scrolls Online ( Even though I have my doubts about a 2013 release )

I'm sure there are more... but will I really even get to play through half of those?

OH OH OH! The mandatory Pokemon game for the WiiU. My son and I will love that. I also hope they bring us a Pokemon rpg for the WiiU but but I'm pretty sure there will be a "stadium" style game this year.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink

I think the Skyrim DLC you're referring to is Dragonborn.
That one, along with Hearthfire and Dawnguard will tide me over until ES Online.

Dragonborn is already out, it's been out for a little while now. Would definitely be worth getting over Hearthfire to say the least. Hearthfire was nothing more than buying plots of land from three different hold towns, adopting children and defending your lands from invaders.
Dragonborn, in my opinion is better because it's actually set in part of Morrowind, and involves new quests etc. Also, being able to ride Dragons? What the heck else would you need? Although, having said that, the dragons are pretty much impossible to control

There is a new DLC being rumoured at the moment, possible called Redguard - as in the race. Redguard rumour

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

As time goes by, I'm getting more and more disenchanted by Tomb Raider. I love the puzzle solving, dungeon delving aspect, but sometimes I think it's a bit stressful. It's the same formula.
Amazing artefact is located. Lara goes after it. Rival is also after it. Rival has a bazillion henchmen. Lara must obtain said artefact and also evade henchmen, while backflipping, swan diving all over the place

I played Dead Space too, and found it amazingly scary. I was really happy to have played a game that gave me actual scares, as I have failed to find one to do so since playing Resident Evil 1 on the Playstation more than 10 years ago

To be honest, I expected a little more from Dead Island. Something that broke it for me was that when playing multiplayer, you end up in the higher levelled people's world, and when they left, you were stuck with level 25+ enemies, while only being level 15. Ouch. Those Thugs pack a punch, even when you've blown their arms off
I found it to be more fun when playing multiplayer.

I've got Metro:2033 and have been really enjoying that. So a new Metro game would be awesome.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Well my Avatar and my profile is screaming MGS. Been a fan, played all except the 1989 version.

Im also expecting revamped Final Fantasy XIV, a MMORPG. Also a Final Fantasy fan.

I vowed myself to abandon Call of Duty franchise. Maybe some kids are brain dead but i'm not paying 60 bucks for rehashed game engine and developer who has no intention of bringing up the graphics level.

Those two are the ones i'm expecting 100%(pre order) rest are just in the moment and depending on my friends.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I love Final Fantasy (going to the Distant Worlds concert in May), but I know I'd be sucked into the whole MMORPG world if I started playing XI. Plus I know with my finances etc, subscribing to something long term wouldn't be the best option for me.
The subscription is the only thing putting me off, which is kinda why I only ever played free to play MMORPGs.

RPGs and general, whether fantasy or action-RPG are usually my thing. Gets to a point in your life though where you could once sit for hours grinding away at character levels, you now have grown up things to fill those hours with, so progress in massive games is usually slow and confined to the darker hours

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Distant Worlds concert happened in Montreal last month, i missed it.

I played FFXI for 8 years!!!!! lol its addicting...

But playing FFXI saved me bunch of money from buying random games that i would play for a week and thru away.

Its usually 10 bucks/month, which is not an issue for me. Heck coffees costs 5 bucks now a days lol.

Still waiting for the 6 yrs in development, FFXI:Versus.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I grabbed the THQ bundle over chrimbo. Been playing Metro, looking forward to the next one.

The new bioshock will be on my list this year.

The only game I have been looking forward to over the past few years though is Half life ep 3. It's been far too long.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
GTA V Ive been waiting for this game since Ive beaten gta 4..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join