It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1950s Time Travelling Teacher Evidence

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
reply to post by JibbyJedi

why would you have to move to travel through time? You are expecting physical movement, when traversing through something subjective. That would be the first mistake.

I'm not entirely convinced we will ever master the fantasy of time travel, but stranger things have happened. Well not really, but still we accomplish the seemingly impossible every few years.

Still, why do you assume you have to move at all, to travel through time. Does time itself move? So why would you?

agreed, time isn`t a physical thing so there would be no need to physically move anything.
if time travel is ever discovered it is more likely that we wont travel "thru" time, we will remain stationary and move time around us until time arrives at the point we want to be in.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I would love to have seen the 100 people who could not give a logical answer to that video
that's the most pathetic thing I have ever seen on ATS in years. OP you win the Internet today hats off to you.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Well yah. So what would you call the passage of ____? Perception.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Nope looks like a problem from a text book written on the board, with the names just being a coincidence. That is all.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Its still funny how this thread can get 3 pages.
Love and peace to you all.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Time is nothing more than a measurement. It does not exist outside the brain of man. I propose that the universe is static at any given measurement excluding the use of time. Therefore you cannot say that over a minute the universe changes. And since the universe is static, there is no past and no future. Now, having said all this, there are chemical and physical changes occurring from one measurement to the next. The difference between these measurements is what we call time. Time is nothing more than the measurement of regular chemical or physical occurrences in the universe.

As I say, hand me an inch and I will give you a barrel full of minutes.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

Time is more than a measurement i'm afraid. It is an intrinsic part of Einsteins theory of relativity. Spacetime is a fabric in which matter in the Universe rests upon.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
need to change title to evidence for the existence of coincidences. assuming the video was not altered. i would like for time travel to exist solely get the time wasted watching that video back.
edit on 8-1-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Yeah, it bothers me when I prove Einstein wrong too.

Actually it works quite well. If time is a measurement of processes then processes will behave differently under different circumstances. Let say you have an atomic clock. Is that clock measuring time or the changes in atomic energy levels?

"He (Einstein) used special relativity to see that the rate of clocks at the top of a box accelerating upward would be faster than the rate of clocks at the bottom. He concludes that the rates of clocks depend on their position in a gravitational field, and that the difference in rate is proportional to the gravitational potential to first approximation." And he is absolutely correct. But I say he is not measuring time. He is measuring the effects of gravity on a process. It just so happens that using a clock is the easiest way to measure those processes. You see, it is the measured processes that behave differently under different environmental variances.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Well yah. So what would you call the passage of ____? Perception.

Our perception is flawed. Read my signature?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I'll just have to take your word for it on this one, beyond my Grey matter capabilities

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
How can this be explained except for through time travel?

Very simply and logically.

Here is the source film (which BTW is very famous.... "Duck and Cover" so a bad choice for a forgery like this):

If you go to 3:30 you will clearly see that the vid in the OP has been manipulated. (Poorly, too-- I saw it as a fake right away.)

Also note how this huckster has disable commenting on his video. Why do you suppose that is?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Mods need to move this to hoaxes. While watching episode 4 @ 54:27 into of Oliver Stone's Untold history of the united states was the actual unmodified film that this HOAX post is about.
Here is a screen shot of what is actually on that chalkboard!

Mods please move this thread accordindly.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Sorry didnt see your post. LOL I caught this also. This is a HOAX. BUSTED!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

yup, thats exactly what i ment, 3.30 you see the original warning, the words "with" and "no" are a different color

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheniks

yup, thats exactly what i ment, 3.30 you see the original warning, the words "with" and "no" are a different color

Yeah-- they also didn't get the angle right for depth-perception. Almost. The shopped words appear to be on a slightly more "flat" plane, if you look carefully, than the angled words on the board.

They almost did it convincingly.

But also, logically, why would someone form the secondary (shopped) words, from an existing word on the board? ("No" becoming the abbreviated "number" for the other writing).

<< 1  2   >>

join