It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1950s Time Travelling Teacher Evidence

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Couldn't stop laughing.

Next MLB season, the Seattle Mariners will lose to the Texas Rangers 5 to 0. BOOK IT...TRUST ME.

No one can honestly say the writing on the chalk board had anything to do with that world series...or MLB in general. How many teams go by the Giants or Rangers across this country, from every major sport...probably A LOT.

The Texas Rangers weren't a team until the 60's.

What a bogus video.
edit on 8-1-2013 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

why would you have to move to travel through time? You are expecting physical movement, when traversing through something subjective. That would be the first mistake.

I'm not entirely convinced we will ever master the fantasy of time travel, but stranger things have happened. Well not really, but still we accomplish the seemingly impossible every few years.

Still, why do you assume you have to move at all, to travel through time. Does time itself move? So why would you?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

If you freeze the video you can see a line on the 'blackboard' that ends just before the added in text.

You will also notice the handwriting of the two sections is different.

The "added" text has a very squarish shape to the letters, probably indicating that it was done with a mouse, not with chalk on a blackboard.

I would suggest that the original text said "With Warning" and the second (modified line) said "No warning" which is in line with what could be expected from the commentary on the the audio track.

The resolution of the video has been reduced artificially, probably to help blur the added in lettering. The way I identified this is it is obvious that the face of the teacher at the start of the video is significantly blurred beyond the amount of blurring consistent with the rest of the video. If they have reduced the resolution once (for whatever reason), it stands to reason that they would do it again in other places.

After considering these things, please review the video again. I am sure you will see the same things that I do.

This is just CGI and an obvious fake.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

I'll give you 20:1 it will be sunny tomorrow..........

I how ever didn't say where! Is it a loaded bet? I dunno, are you still in? I bet you are!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The first time i watched did i was amazed, the second time i watched it, it looked like things were added in. look closely at how all of the letters are written from left to right.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by nightrun

If incorrectly calculated, I assume a person could reappear in space or even within the planet rather than level with the ground. But what would I know.

Me, you, and like 2 other NASA nerds are the only people I know of who've actually acknowledged this. Doc from Back to the Future must have calculated Earth's exact position, as well as his in terms of the DeLorean's tires being on the pavement of that exact road, in that exact year, with Earth in that exact position.

I gave up after Algebra II, forget that retarded math nonsense.
Time travel is very doubtful without an O2 tank nearby as well as rocket engines to catch up to the Earth if you over shoot your mark.

edit on 8-1-2013 by JibbyJedi because: tyops

Ah -- but the exact same point in the earth exists in many different times. So, the above would be true if you think of time travel relative to a sun centric or galaxy centric system. Which is our default thinking today. But there is no problem thinking of time travel in a point centric manner either. In a real sense, the universe revolves about every point in the universe.

To see this, think instead of a photon "travelling" between a supernova 10 billion years ago and your eye. It experiences no time duration between the supernova and entering your eye. In time, your eye and the supernova must touch from the point of view of the photon. We however, and the supernova perceive the time of flight to be 10 billion years.

Perhaps to solve the time travel problem, and our own central place in the universe, all we need to do is to express the equations from the point of view of photons?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
What time is it?

Not anymore.

So we all "travel thru time".

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Star for creativity!

But what about traveling back in time

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
1950s Time Traveling Teacher Evidence A Hoax

Well...I guess This explains everything

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verbatim19
reply to post by intrptr

Star for creativity!

But what about traveling back in time

Nope... only forward.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

why would you have to move to travel through time? You are expecting physical movement, when traversing through something subjective.

Well played Jinxy.

Time doesn't exist.... clocks exist.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Time doesn't exist.... clocks exist.

Well yah. So what would you call the passage of ____?

Its probably a stupid question, its "late" and I'm tired.

Good "night".

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Oh jeeesus!! I was expecting a huge thing the way you presented this case. And then you want to tell me that a 9:0 football score is proof?!?!

Are you honestly serious with this?

I sometimes wonder why we haven´t gone extinct yet...

Seriously...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

That made my day, thank you for posting.
Back to tread starter, I don't believe any of this, this is just coincidence, nothing else.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Thank you sir, I was positive that was from duck and cover, but was having issues finding it, I guess i should have dumped "hoax" into my search lol.

The line on the chalkboard isn't fake, that's where the two boards are shoved together to cover the entire wall, i remember that from gradeschool myself, and you can see that line is still in the original video.

The board actually reads:
With Warning
No Warning

And for some reason whoever used windows paint (I assume, it really is that bad) to put the fake text in there shoved "game" up above the other stuff, probably to ensure all of the fake text made it on screen instead of being cut off (which would have probably made it look less like a hoax at first)

I spotted the tell tale mouse movements in the added text instantly.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

also if you pause it at the warning itself, you see the words " with " and the " No " has a different color, like more white..ish

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Im going to say no evidence of time travel at all, im sure you can go back in old films and find lots of coincidence's. This clip might help explain whats going on here

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If a clock (duration) wasn't invented would we have thoughts of time travel?

I travel through time everytime I fly from EST to PST on a 3 hour flight and only because the clock was invented. Does that mean when I get to my PST destination, I've been alive 3 hours longer than the people whom have only resided in the PST time zone?

Or how about this....I thought about doing something in the past, but never actually did it. If I had access to a time machine, would my thoughts now become reality? Bill and Ted moment.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

rebutal :

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
saved for later

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join