Rapes (might) decrease if society accepted homosexuality...HYPOTHESIS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
see Antonias post

edit on 8-1-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Two wrongs don't make a right. You don't get to claim the moral high ground while arguing for something that is immoral.

When youve had a friend or family member be a victim of something even remotely similar to what this girl went through before being in and out of consciousness for a week and having operations to remove her intestines because of what was done to her.

Come back and tell me its immoral then.

I personally dont see it as immoral, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
As far as Im concerned these guys not only deserve it but asked for it and I hope after it happens its made widely known that it did to deter other people doing anything even remotely similar

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Two wrongs don't make a right. You don't get to claim the moral high ground while arguing for something that is immoral.

When youve had a friend or family member be a victim of something even remotely similar to what this girl went through before being in and out of consciousness for a week and having operations to remove her intestines because of what was done to her.

I personally dont see it as immoral, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
As far as Im concerned these guys not only deserve it but asked for it and I hope after it happens its made widely known that it did to deter other people doing anything even remotely similar

Its immoral and yes do not go there about experience because, well just don't, you are very sick in the head with your approach, sick

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

And? One of the members of my family was raped by her own brother, she does not say such things. The simple fact is you are calling other posters out for being "nasty" while giving yourself a free pass to say what you want. Not cool.
edit on 8-1-2013 by antonia because: opps

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
HMMMMM so raping of women is the outcome of surpressed homosexual desires. WOW that is a stretch, I am unaware of homosexuals raping other men for pleasure. Disregard the pedafiles they do not fit into your equation. This must be the worst idea I have seen on ATS.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Call me sick if you want but to wish instant karma on people in my mind is perfectly acceptable

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

And? One of the members of my family was raped by her own brother, she does not say such things. The simple fact is you are calling other posters out for being "nasty" while giving yourself a free pass to say what you want. Not cool.

Being rude, derogatory and patronising to someone who made a harmless hypothesis is completely different to wishing justice done on the perpetrators of one of the worst crimes of had the displeasure of hearing about.

A family member and 6 strangers on a bus who ended up killing the woman are 2 completely different kettles of fish

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is digusting and ridiculous.

Rape is about power and control and nothing more. Men rape women, women rape men, men rape men, women rape women, adults rape children. Things such as gender, location, situation, religion, up-bringing and/or sexual preference do not matter.

Simply stated, it is a horrible crime that should hold legal consequences to the perp and I would hope that everyone would agree with that.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

A family member and 6 strangers on a bus who ended up killing the woman are 2 completely different kettles of fish

logic and reason seem like a lost concept to you after reading some of your posts

you posted this just a few posts ago

When youve had a friend or family member be a victim of something even remotely similar to what this girl went through

Have we misunderstood again.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

This philosophy is from the bible or something similar yet it corresponds to a positive nature such as If a stranger helps you one day, another day you should help a stranger, not in a negative perspective, what you call for is vengeance. There is another philosophical concept from the same book which states violence begets more violence or hatred and fear beget more hatred and fear and it seems your heart is full of hatred.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodsDog
This is digusting and ridiculous.

Rape is about power and control and nothing more. Men rape women, women rape men, men rape men, women rape women, adults rape children. Things such as gender, location, situation, religion, up-bringing and/or sexual preference do not matter.

Simply stated, it is a horrible crime that should hold legal consequences to the perp and I would hope that everyone would agree with that.

The OP began with what looked like ignorance, however they posted that what they wanted to get across was a suggestion that sexual repression may be a factor in hate crimes against women in which I think brings a very valid discussion to the table with a lot of evidence historically to support this.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Sorry mate but Im not gonna sit here and argue degrees of awfulness in sexual assault cases.

Simple fact that started all this was that some of the replies to the OP have been nasty and unnecessary and as for the attackers who tortured that girl for 2 and a half hrs and caused her to die a horrible death a week later in agonising pain I hope they get what coming to them in this life not the next as it may deter other people doing the same.

Out of curiousity what do you think should happen to these animals?

P.s Im not religious the quote just seemed fitting

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

bad kitteh!
you argue for revenge, yet also argue against the victim having a gun/weapon/means of self-defense to defend herself from such filth.

blood-sugar perhaps?

@everybody:

in ancient india, capital punishment was considered a form of mercy, as the karma attendant to the crime would be paid buy being executed.

also is it just me, or is ignorance being spread regarding a perceived sameness of hindus and muslims, especially by military types?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Sorry mate but Im not gonna sit here and argue degrees of awfulness in sexual assault cases.

Simple fact that started all this was that some of the replies to the OP have been nasty and unnecessary and as for the attackers who tortured that girl for 2 and a half hrs and caused her to die a horrible death a week later in agonising pain I hope they get what coming to them in this life not the next as it may deter other people doing the same.

Out of curiousity what do you think should happen to these animals?

P.s Im not religious the quote just seemed fitting

That is the last thing I would assume anyone would wish to debate as rape is rape and torture is torture no matter in what form, so I agree lets leave it where it is as it seems that this occurrence has struck a nerve in many of us.

I leave that judgment to those involved as it will only affect them what ever the outcome is.

Please forgive me as if have offended you, but this tragedy has a diverse affect on many as can be seen by this thread alone.

I wish that this idea the OP later posted could be discussed as I think it has much truth to it, this is what they posted I think on the second page of this thread here it is again for anyone that missed it

I am suggesting 'sexual repression' maybe a factor in the hate crimes against Women.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

You may be on to something, who knows? Aren't rapes low in Japan? Yet doesn't Japan have high sexual liberalism? So sexual repression or repression lead to things like rape?

Look at how popular sports are. It's "fake" violence. Doesn't this tell us something about our psychology? Look at all the violence in movies, games, books, magazines and other media.

If we repressed sports or other expression of "simulated" violence would that result in people committing crimes as a result of them feeling inhibited and unable to express their desires?

I've had many obscene sexual thoughts in my life, but never ever did the idea of raping a real person cross my mind. But what if I felt repressed more than I do now? Would I feel angry?

We all have latent desires that cannot be irresponsibly manifested without harming others. Should we be allowed to "simulate" them in order to exhaust them and relieve tensions?

I don't believe any human is perfect. Even religious people. I believe they also have latent desires. I think the more they inhibit their desires the stronger their faith will have to be?

Generally I am a very liberal person, but not extreme. I did a test online where it's liberal conservative and authoritarian libertarian and my score was -3.35/-3.20-liberal/libertarian. Since the scale is -10 to 10 it shows that while liberal, I'm not an extreme liberal.
edit on 8-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Places like Middle East, India and even Western Countries, rapes seem to have increased. I just wonder if the underlying issue is that People are forced to live a way that they hate and despise?

Men in India are raping and killing women, why? Homosexuality is not accepted in that Country, also in other Countries and could even result in the death penalty...or jail. Perhaps it is because they don't want to get married or live the way that they are forced to? ...so the resentment and anger builds up and then men rape a woman... it is not that they hate women, they take it out on them because society will not allow them to live the way they want.

edit on 8/1/2013 by Thurisaz because: correct title

Was this a joke? Were you trying to be funny?
Why not Pizza?
Places like Middle East, India and even Western Countries, rapes seem to have increased. I just wonder if the underlying issue is that People are forced to live with little to no pizza?

Men in India are raping and killing women, why? Pizza is not readily available in that Country.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The unfortunate thing about the term "hypothesis" is that it's application can lend an air of respectability to otherwise inane ideas.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I see what you are saying, but it makes no sense. Being gay is not really taboo anymore. Sure some people are fckheads and discriminate, but that is life not everyone is going to like you. People have free will! A lot of people choose to do crappy things with that free will though.

Also FYI gays, lesbians and transsexuals are capable of rape.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I understand that. However, in my opinion there is no valid reason, repression or otherwise that could convince me there might be a factor or any other cause to such crimes.

The crime of sexual assault or sexual abuse, in any form, for any reason, is still a crime.

I simply will not waste time trying to come up with a reason why. Having a reason doesn't make it any easier to swallow.

I should not have commented in the first place as I have a personal agenda with regard to this topic. It is impossible for me to be involved with this and maintain any rational thought process what-so-ever. With that said, I apologize if I offended and I'll remove myself from the topic.

Thank you,
Dog.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
All you have to do is look at real life examples.

Australia has liberal protections and recognitions of homosexual rights.

In the past 10 years, sexual assaults have risen 40 percent. And this is a place with gun bans and a UK style "liberal society".

So, no your hypothesis would seem to be wrong, OP.

Not to mention it relies on some weird premises that repressed homosexuals are all rapists which is ridiculous.
edit on 8-1-2013 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join