It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapes (might) decrease if society accepted homosexuality...HYPOTHESIS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
During the 70s and 80s in Australia it was very dangerous to be openly gay. It was almast considered a sport to seek out and bash homosexuals.

It was called "Poofter Bashing" - Drunken Yobo's would hunt them down and many were even killed.

But there was no gay revenge rapes against women, maybe according to your logic there was?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

ummm no sodomites [cult of belial] have nothing to do with homosexuality,
and everything to do with state[kingdom] supported terrorism/upper class games with the sheep

unless you're a xtian spreading lies, which i dont believe to be your case

these rape cults/crews have a very long history
what happened in india, like the steubenville, ohio rape case seems closer to a case of certain "privileged" folks, thinking the lower classes are their toys/property to use, abuse, break and discard at will, note the authorities refusal to allow women to arm themselves in india, same with the Steubenville authorities assisting in covering up and protecting the rapists.

as i said before xtian homophobes falsely claim sodomites are homosexuals
and cite genesis, however a more detailed story about them is to be found in judges
wherein the entire tribe of benjamin is nearly exterminated

because the leadership refused to hand over a gang of sodomites[gang rapists] who'd raped and killed a woman

hopefully history will rhyme again in india and ohio

just wanted to clear that up, as misogyny, is not at all exclusive to gay men.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

I'd be happy if a mob of half decent looking lesbians wanted to rape me, but I don't see the connection with the subject at hand.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I can't believe my ass but I'm going to star and flag your thread OP. Not because I'm gay I'm actually a homophob if anything. But you are exploring some possibilities to hopefully better society so SnF.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DENBY

I agree with the civillity of your point, but you have to make your point in a statement that is sound of reasoning and directive. Believe it or not there are cultures on this planet that treat women as lower than dogs, in some countries a raped woman is concidered the problem and condemed or stoned to death, if rapes in these places is a big issue, why is it now just getting coverage? think of how these women have had to live in a world where no matter what you do, you are the evil and the problem, and there is no justice for you , just because you are a female.If there was a same sex rape epidemic, how would the media play it? Our society is accepting same sex marrage, and it will expand to the rest of the country before long, but it will take longer in other cultures. The level and margins of acceptance and speed takes time, it can be forced, but at a point of resistance that only logic and reasoning can overcome.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

these rape cults/crews have a very long history
what happened in india, like the steubenville, ohio rape case seems closer to a case of certain "privileged" folks, thinking the lower classes are their toys/property to use, abuse, break and discard at will, note the authorities refusal to allow women to arm themselves in india, same with the Steubenville authorities assisting in covering up and protecting the rapists.

as i said before xtian homophobes falsely claim sodomites are homosexuals
and cite genesis, however a more detailed story about them is to be found in judges
wherein the entire tribe of benjamin is nearly exterminated

because the leadership refused to hand over a gang of sodomites[gang rapists] who'd raped and killed a woman

hopefully history will rhyme again in india and ohio

just wanted to clear that up, as misogyny, is not at all exclusive to gay men.

I did not know about 'rape cults' ty for the info. It could very well be something like that.

I just read the graphic details on her injuries and some of them (which I will not post) were caused before being thrown off the bus.

Just seems to be so hateful. In criminology, there is one approach to understanding crime and that is the deterministic approach. That approach looks at all of the factors that may cause a person to commit a crime.

So that is all I was doing, looking at all the factors that may be causing these crimes against women.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

I'd be happy if a mob of half decent looking lesbians wanted to rape me, but I don't see the connection with the subject at hand.

Connection is Angry Homosexuals rape women as revenge on society - So Angry Lesbians rape men as revenge on society. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

I'm a little bit worried about your reply though.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

no the connection is not that. That is your interpretation.

I am suggesting 'sexual repression' maybe a factor in the hate crimes against Women.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I hate to note bad stats on my own nation...but, in this case? your example here:

There must be something very wrong with sexual repression in India , for example for a rape to occur every 18 hours. Perhaps it is control as another has already suggested but perhaps it is hatred and repression?

......comes from a nation that carries a population of 1.2 billion people. That's roughly 4 x's the population of the United States.

In the US, we have roughly 330 million people and according to the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN):

Every 2 minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted.

Here's the math. According to the U.S. Department of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey --there is an average of 207,754 victims (age 12 or older) of rape and sexual assault each year.

There are 525,600 minutes in a non-leap year. That makes 31,536,000 seconds/year. So, 31,536,000 divided by 207,754 comes out to 1 sexual assault every 152 seconds, or about 1 every 2 minutes.
Source

Finally as something to help on a clarification. The Department of Justice and specifically the FBI have found through extensive work in studying the issue of rape and motivation of rapists that it's a crime of violence, domination and often, destruction of the victim. It's not often about sex, although that's the method used to achieve those ends against the victim. I'd love to quote this source but it's very difficult to pick out the relevant passages without including what wouldn't be......family friendly. This is a chapter from "Intro to Sociology" from the Utah Valley University:

Intro to Sociology - Chapter 20 on Rape and Sexual Assault

The material there on motivation and thought process of rape is fairly in-depth for 101 material and pretty clearly shows that sexual preference isn't considered relevant. At least not in enough to matter or be notable among those who make it their living to understand and combat this horrible crime. Hope that helps!
edit on 8-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

You may want to read about rape before you make any more posts.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

bloody hell.

WTH is wrong with People? Every 2 minutes in the USA?

The World has gone to hell in a basket!

Am I the only one to ask the question... WHY??? Why are so many of these crimes happening?

What is the bloody problem and can it be stopped? Is there a solution? Probably not... this is just how life is.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

How can these crimes decrease if homosexuality were to be accepted in society? In most Western countries, homosexuality is accepted as a normal thing (with the exclusion of Gay Marriage), yet the same crimes go on...

well after reading the info that Wrabbit posted, perhaps legalising or accepting homosexuality would not make a difference... In the USA people are more tolerant and can live with less restrictions in comparison to other Countries.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Sorry man but that makes no sense. This thread is rapidly turning into a hate-on-india thread beacuse of this odd theory. Rapes happen in every country and they arent often carried out by gay men....unless it was a man to man crime. So then it sounds like youre saying homosexuals are prone to being rapists as though somehow these are both connected .... There is much beauty and good in india and it's people and gender preferance doesn't make people deviants or rapists even when suppressed. This is the kind of thought you should have internally and then dismiss because it is silly -rather than post it online.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
That rape was particularly brutal. It's a natural reaction.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NadimahElizabeth

no I am suggesting that the culture of many Countries and the way that People have to live may be causing the hate crimes against Women?

Religion rejects homosexuality and it is forbidden or tabo. I have used India as an example but know that rapes occur in all Countries. Is there a Country that accepts and tolerates homosexuality where crimes against Women are few?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Utterly ridicules, this is the best display of logic or the lack of it I have ever seen.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I can't see a gay man wanting anything to do with a woman sexually . The same way I can not see myself want to molest a man.
Your logic seems flawed to me , I am all for gay people having the same rights as heterosexuals, we are all just human beings and we should not discriminate over sexual preference , but to equate this rape to homosexuality is bizarre.

Even the power over the victim theory is silly , A gay man who has a domination fetish would choose a man to prey on . .

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

No one should be making excuses for those disgusting animals.......

Quoted for truth !

edit on 8-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: added size

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Unfortunetly this isn't just an Indian, American thing. It happens everywhere. The one from India is disgusting and how a group of men could act that way and then pretty much finish her off really makes me sick. But these things do happen everywhere. Africa is a perfect example and what does the world do about it? Nothing. I can't see the connection with homosexuality though. Some peope are just sick in the head and the ony way we can deal with them is through law. I think the guys in India won't be walking around for much longer. They should be used as an example of what happens to people who commit those acts. They were happy enough to take the life of an innocent woman along with what they done so I don't see anything wrong with the indian government giving them the death penalty.. Hopefully they do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join