It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 most dangerous government agencies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Activist Post announces its own list of top 10 dangerous government agencies.

Top 10

They base their criteria on taxpayer money spent on declarations and then doing they opposite of what its intended for. These are based on the level of corruption they think these agencies are involved in and then the impact on the number of citizens.

I agree with much of this list, but I don't know about DOD being the most dangerous. I'm more concerned about DHS, FEMA and the IRS. Check out the link for full explanations of each these top 10's. Do you agree with this this list?

#10 - Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) - annual budget $8.5 billion:

#9 - Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - annual budget $13.3 billion:

#8 - Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) - annual budget $13.5 billion:

#7 - Department of Justice (DoJ) - annual budget $28 billion:

#6 - Spy Agencies: The nation's 17 spy agencies, including the CIA and the National Security Agency (NSA) - annual budget $55 billion?

#5 - Department of Education (ED) - annual budget $70 billion:

#4 - Department of Homeland Security (DHS) annual budget $100 billion

#3 - U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) - annual budget $155 billion:

#2 - Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) - annual budget $892 billion -

#1 - Department of Defense (DoD) - annual budget ??? - Officially $613 billion

edit on 7-1-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think the US military does a lot of good oversees so I don't know about it being #1. But as their post says DARPA is what may deserve its own listing. It's the black budget of this department that deserves scrutiny.

#1 - Department of Defense (DoD) - annual budget ??? - Officially $613 billion This agency is in desperate need of returning to its more honest original name: The War Department. In addition to being the recipient of the highest percentage of the federal budget, the DoD's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) division almost deserves a category of its own. Many of DARPA's projects fall into the money pit of "black budget" secret projects not even subjected to presidential and congressional oversight. With DARPA's "mad science" reputation, it is no doubt one of the top recipients of the $50 billion annual black budget, making this one of the most dangerous federal agencies to both the economy of the U.S. and to world peace. Overall, the Department of Defense as the coordinator for anything that falls under "national security" is responsible for openly killing millions and eviscerating the Constitution ... and there is no sign that they are letting up any time soon.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Sorry but did you just say the US military does a lot of good overseas? What are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
1948 Billion is how much?

I would say, yep. these are the parasites of Modern Life in America.
At least close them down for a year,, that would make a dent in the Debt I believe,,,

1948 Billion and tell me honestly what we have for that,, that is worth one penny.

especially when laid against the Lives of ANY Man or Woman who gave their lives in service of these sad excuses for human governance.

Sick.

And Come April 15th People will Voluntarily PAY FOR THIS.

Fiscal Cliff,, right. All I see is a Fiscal Hole Made by Politicians to Serve Only Themselves and an Elite Few.
I call BS in advance to anyone who says this is money well spent.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere

Sorry but did you just say the US military does a lot of good overseas? What are you talking about?

They're good at keeping world populations down.....duhhhhh

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere

It's funny how folks hate the US military until they have experience some catastrophic event such as a tsunami or earthquake and then when our ships off shore unloading food and emergency supplies, we ain't so bad after all. Or like when some evil dictator who gases and tortures his people is being rebelled against and we supply aid and training to help topple the a hole, we ain't so bad after all. If the US is so evil, how come we haven't actually taken over the resources of any country in the world by now, especially any of those we allegedly invaded? Iraq still controls their oil or am I wrong about this? The war to give Iraq freedom cost us billions but we didn't take their oil to recoup our costs like the world accused of doing, the war for oil!
edit on 8-1-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Because we don't make it obvious we took over the resources. Like in Iraq did you hear about the American and other countries popping up gold mines all over the place... Nope and once those resources are taken where do they go. The united states or respective country. We steal resources plain and simple. It's just the goverment doesn't do it we send in private companies so it looks like capitalism.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87

Because we don't make it obvious we took over the resources. Like in Iraq did you hear about the American and other countries popping up gold mines all over the place... Nope and once those resources are taken where do they go. The united states or respective country. We steal resources plain and simple. It's just the goverment doesn't do it we send in private companies so it looks like capitalism.

The government doesn't send them in. What capitalist wouldn't go where the money is?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Where's the FDA approving and pushing on people insane drugs while ignoring cures??

The FDA are one sick bunch of mofos.
edit on 8-1-2013 by lolita64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

You do realize that most uprisings in other countries are usually the result of CIA involvement. You do also realize wherever America goes overseas, a new central bank is created. But never mind, that's another story that you haven't read.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Dang. I was hoping we would make the list.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lolita64
Where's the FDA approving and pushing on people insane drugs while ignoring cures??

The FDA are one sick bunch of mofos.
edit on 8-1-2013 by lolita64 because: (no reason given)

You're very right. Definitely a top 5 at least!

top topics

join