It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'1776 Will Commence Again If You Try To Take Our Firearms'...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Gonna xpost this from a different thread because I think that one is dead.......

Just got done watching Alex Jones on Piers Morgan. Good lord, the guy is somewhat intelligent, does have alot of insight into the wrongs that the men in power commit, but he really comes off as a nutjob when he starts "foaming" at the mouth about the New World Order. At the end he started mocking Piers' accent, what exactly did that prove? I don't like the puppets of the men in power anymore than alot of other people, but when you come off looking totally insane you are not exactly helping the cause of defending the 2nd amendment.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
reply to post by CaptainBeno

So, Yamamoto's quote was just a strategic effort to save face?

By the way...that's either a very nice copy and paste, or you are one hell of a WWII historian...
Either way, a star for you...

(And, I was just joking with my previous comment...)

You weren't joking, you're just saying that in an attempt to save yourself from being destroyed

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

www.bloomberg.com...

While motor-vehicle deaths dropped 22 percent from 2005 to 2010, gun fatalities are rising again after a low point in 2000, according to the Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Shooting deaths in 2015 will probably rise to almost 33,000, and those related to autos will decline to about 32,000, based on the 10-year average trend.

But DUI's kill more people then guns?Car accident in whole might but even that is changing.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Amen to all that! I even see it at the schoolyard. About 5, maybe 10% of young kids tell the others what to do. Manipulation and control are what some people are into. And, the percentage is growing.

And Brits telling US what to do with our rights??? LMAO. The tories are gone.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

I'm not a gun control advocate,
I just think people wanting high powered assault rifles in their home under the guise of '2nd amendment' is stupid and ignorant, because a rifle or handgun would suffice. Its nothing but pure ego boost having weapons totally unproportionate to the situation.

if you want to get tied down in technical jargon go for it.

Military grade might not include a bushmaster, I couldn’t give a flying rat.

in your home, in suburbia there is no need for anything more powerful or dangerous than a handgun.

Why not allow mortars and rocket launchers while your at it?
It could be construed as 'bear arms'
It could be used to attack the evil government when they come to kill you.
and... we can’t forget an American favourite. I can also be used at schools and shopping centres when you crack!
It’s not co-incidence that you allow jo jack and jim to purchase such weapons, days later you have high school massacres and shopping centre shootings.
Have you not figured this out yet that these mass shootings are a direct result of your gun addiction? And that you don’t need these weapons in your home to protect yourself?

FARRRRRRK its like talking to a brick wall sometimes.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

lol this is good!
I asked you to please define "military grade" before going on and that is what you give me...
What is "military grade"????
But you can't tell me, because all that anti-gun propaganda does not include the meaning of the words you hear on the MSN
edit on 8-1-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I know buddy, it's like herding cats.

Next they be saying they need Mini guns and rocket launchers, but we'll get someone in a minute saying "I'm stupid" for even suggesting that
Like an AR-15 or M16 is enough

OMG!! Brickwall / head!!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

AR-15 is a good hunting rifle. Light and easy to use. You are absolutely splitting the same hairs and avoiding the 10 plus clip situation. The definition of "assault weapon" is fundamentally absurd. Any weapon that can assault someone is an "assault weapon." There is such mindless logic with people lately.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

every law against gun control in the United States, is unconstitutional. Period.

Only if you only read half of the ammendment.

Alex Jones has successfuly gotten a petition signed by more than a hundred thousand people in the United States to deport this man.

What kind of stupidity is that? Where in the constitution does it say Alex Jones can petition to have people kicked out of the country? Is that liberty, or small government?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Semantics don't you think?

You're an intelligent guy, you do know what we are talking about but you choose to be defensive and obstructive.

When was the last time someone held you up with a "military style automatic weapon that had a magazine with more than 10 bullets and fired 3 rounds per trigger squeeze or even automatic fire"

Semantics?
edit on 8-1-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

What kind of stupidity is that? Where in the constitution does it say Alex Jones can petition to have people kicked out of the country? Is that liberty, or small government?

First amendment bro, we got the right to petition...
Read the constitution before you get into such arguments...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I dont think it matters?
putting terms on it like ''military grade'' just allows your fat cat ceo's to pay lawyers to find loopholes.
Much like your tax system... but jee's id hate to argue about something unconstituional like your tax system.. lets argue about guns because they are a positive for the community, right?

Ok, tell me, what do YOU think should be allowed in the common suburban home under the 2nd ammendment.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Semantics don't you think?

You're an intelligent guy, you do know what we are talking about but you choose to be defensive and obstructive.

When was the last time someone held you up with a "military style automatic weapon that had a magazine with more than 10 bullets and fired 3 rounds per trigger squeeze or even automatic fire"

Semantics?
edit on 8-1-2013 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

Yeah semantics bro...
You obviously don't know a lot about guns so i will let it slide. But for your info i have only been held up twice in my life in the US and both have been by knife point.
But the question still remains...
While gun control advocates can throw that term around all they want, i want to hear. What does "military grade" mean?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Your stats are way off according to Wikipedia:

"In 2010 there were 358 deaths involving rifles. Deaths involving the use of pistols in the US that same year totaled 6,009 including suicides."

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, you missed the entire point of my post which is stop messing with other people's personal choices. Many people could also argue abortion kills far more people than guns from their point of view. Stop telling everyone else they can't do or own something just because you don't agree with it...please reread my post.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Ok, tell me, what do YOU think should be allowed in the common suburban home under the 2nd amendment?

Is there a definition to military grade? Me, personally? Id say I define military grade as something more powerful than a hand gun. Anything with a magazine. Anything that shoots high calibre rounds. Anything that can be fired almost as quick as an automatic.

Bushmaster? yeah that definitely falls into that category.
But like I said, putting the law against 'military grade' just gives lawyers room to find loopholes.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Well the numbers are by the CDC in Atlanta. And it was published in the Bloomberg article. Your quoting wikipedia? And one of the many things the NRA and Republicans have been good at are squashing data. Why do you think we have not had a person in charge at the ATF in 6 years?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

So with your logic, the loophole is hand guns. Well, they kill more annually than any military style weapon. So, then handguns are next. Just not today.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Cars and cigs kill more people than handguns.. a death rate isnt the point here.

If someone walked into a school with a 9mm pistol, they might kill/injure 1 or 2 people before they are contained.

Someone walks into a school with a bushmaster rifle, we have a crap load of crying parents.

If Americans are so hell bent on having guns, fine. I somewhat agree personal protection should be allowed.

Handguns and rifle are enough, anything more is for your own lust for murderous weapons.

... you claim its to protect you from the government.. well, if/when the government goes apesh1t crazy, he's coming for you with helicopters, tanks, apc's... you name it. all the bushmasters in the world arent going to protect you.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Protect you from your own Government = Paronoid

Protect you from other governments = Paronoid

Thinking you may be able to protect yourself from any of the above if they really did happen = priceless

You yanks make me laugh!!! oh god, I'm crying!!!
edit on 8-1-2013 by CaptainBeno because: nevermind I'll get in trouble

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Ok, tell me, what do YOU think should be allowed in the common suburban home under the 2nd amendment?

Is there a definition to military grade? Me, personally? Id say I define military grade as something more powerful than a hand gun. Anything with a magazine. Anything that shoots high calibre rounds. Anything that can be fired almost as quick as an automatic.

Bushmaster? yeah that definitely falls into that category.
But like I said, putting the law against 'military grade' just gives lawyers room to find loopholes.

No...
I asked you to define military grade, which you clearly cannot but at the same time you are all too willing to use that in your argument

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Vidpci

But your last post combined with the rest demonstrate a clear ignorance of guns and a gravitation towards propaganda.
Lets break it down...
Now this is just the tip of the iceberg and i don't want to get into confusing ballistics because that would get you too confused to carry on.

Is there a definition to military grade? Me, personally? Id say I define military grade as something more powerful than a hand gun.

More powerful than a handgun?
Well according to your last draft of bad gun arguments

Tell me, the constitution says you are allowed to bear arms.
If , in your house, you have:

1. 9mm pistol
2. hunting rifle

are you not bearing arms?

Yeah according to that a hunting rifle and a 9mm is okay yet a hunting rifle is WAY more powerful than a 9mm. But at the same time a "hunting rifle" is in is essence a scout sniper rifle used in the military. Not to mention that a 9mm is a round very common to military applications.
Then you have the 22 which is way less powerful than a 9mm but is used as a hunting rifle.It has been used by the boy scouts of America for target practice AND military snipers.

I honestly think the real enemy here is ignorance, you obviously have no real knowledge of firearms outside of the propaganda on both sides.
So get get educated about weaponry in general before you pass judgement on guns.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join