It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightbulb Moment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My lightbulb moment has happened I think. I think its important to belive that we are right but it is more important to know when we are wrong and then have the character to admit it. It is important to know we have intelligence but it is more important to know that we really know nothing and there is much more out there to be learned. It is important to have belief in yourself but it is more important to know that you are not perfect nor are you better than anybody else. It is important to be proud but at the same time to allow others to be proud and recognise that.

Being able to see our own flaws is a devine ability, once you can see that you are not perfect is the day you can really start to grow as a person.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So, up is down.

Left is right.

Right is left.

North is south.

East is west.

Hot is cold.

Summer is winter.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

If you want it to be and you believe it to be then it is. I think I have to assume from now on that what I believe may well be wrong right down to the fundementals.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
There is an episode of Sienfeld.

George used this philosophy and he got everything he ever wanted.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

You said that perfectly. one thing though, we know more than we think we know. We are conditioned to believe that others with a certain kind of knowledge are smarter than us. We are all smart at something though. I respect knowledge of all kinds but do not respect pride in knowledge. As the world changes the things we know often loose value and the new knowledge is adopted as better. Sometimes it is sometimes it's not. We need to look at the overall picture of what the changes have created with an open mind, something that is hard to do if we are instrumental in the changes.

Good thing you didn't get rid of the incandescent light bulb, it allows a broader spectrum to be seen.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Truly. We make mistakes regarding logical error, decision making, creative error, factual recall error, emotional response, you name it. Much of it is subjectively interpreted, and knowing that we may be 'wrong', or that someone else may see our actions or thoughts on a matter as "wrong" is a reflection that lends itself. Too much can be detrimental to one's existence, but balancing the reflection with concreteness and knowing how and when to use it, can not only make life better, it can save lives.

A lot of life is not as concrete, or can be not as concrete as many seem to consciously recognize most of the time.

We have come so far and know a lot these days, so why would we # that up by being pompous in our supposed wisdom, or our outlook upon others and ourselves? We shouldn't and people are figuring out the avenues to explore that help us with our progression into the future.

Good post OP.

edit on 7-1-2013 by ProperlyErrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Bravo

bravo

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Being able to see our own flaws is a devine ability, once you can see that you are not perfect is the day you can really start to grow as a person.

I agree with what you say.

It is important to recognize one's own flaws as doing so will keep the ego in check so to speak. The ego is the sense of self, or that which gives one the illusion of existing as a separated entity, ergo when the ego is challenged, or the sense of self is challenged, it will react in defense of itself, always.

It is when one balances with ego, the self, with the opposite polarity, the source, the consciousness, that a greater understanding can be achieved. Accepting the flaws of the ego is a wise step forward in this process as it will allow for greater influence of the true self, the consciousness, which is in fact the all. There is only the one (self) and the all (consciousness).

Also, when one sees that they are not perfect, is that not them coming to the understanding of the PERFECTION of their imperfection?

From the yin comes the yang, from the night comes the day, from the imperfection comes the perfection.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by InfinitePerspective

I agree with what you say there. My only worry is to keep focus owith what I have discovered. All too easily in the past I have quickly forgotten realizations like this. Lets pray I stick to my own philosophy.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Just keep an open-mind and always expect the improbable, in whatever form it may manifest as, those sublime and ridiculous things are worth noting.

detfil si liev eht nehw tub ,ylkrad rorrim a hguorhT Through a mirror darkly, but when the veil is lifted

edit on 8-1-2013 by trekwebmaster because: Fixed Example...

top topics

join