It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alex jones vs piers morgan debate.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
alex could have said all that in a calm maner and added more like asking pierce if he really thinks when banning assault weapons,that the criminals wont still have them ...there is always a way if you got the cash,if not then there are other weapons,...stuff like that for example...and also how england has about 50 milion and the us 350...but no,he has to rant like a village woman who is fighting over a chicken with another village woman...still love him ,but he needs to know that calm waters move clifs

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I watched both the interview between PM and AJ and Alex's follow-up video. While I agree he could have made his VERY IMPORTANT points in a more calm manner, and perhaps been more effective, I appreciate his frustration.

According to AJ and his camera man, they were being followed, and approached by armed "unidenified secret cops" prior to going on the show and were still following them after they aggressively threw them out of the studio.

We have had it "shoved" down our throats you can not negotiate with "terrorists" ...well I agree on that actually. No amount of peaceful protest, trying to use the courts, law and the Constitution seem to matter anymore. The forces that have taken over America and much of the World are ruthless bullies with NO reguard for law and fair play.

The time for "pleasant" debates with "smug" wealthy "elitist" is OVER in my mind. We don't really get to choose who makes the laws anymore. The military, vets and cops with any integrity are considered "enemies", and are silenced and destroyed.

I don't believe that a 3rd party only got 1% of the vote...so WTF are we supposed to do?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I dont hold anything against AJ for losing his rag a little. Every time I see Piers Off Morgon on tv I have a tendancy to do the same. Personally I think he should mind his own business.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Alex Jones is the last person you want to represent you guys. They already call you "gun nuts". He went on Piers and acted like a lunatic....

If there is a conspiracy to grab guns, he is part of it, and just played into their hands.

Half of you will go "yeah that was great, he showed Piers~~~!!"...when no, he didn't. He just re-enforced your stereotype. Realize you are being played, get some street smarts.

Then right after they kicked him off, Piers said "I wouldn't feel safe around him with a gun, he seems like a nutcase"... and I have to agree.

edit on 7-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

This is exactly what I was thinking. TPTB make out anyone who questions anything is a fruitcake or a conspiracy nut job so that other people will want to distance themselves from them, and will therefore side with the opposing point of view.

Alex Jones comes across to normal people like a complete loon - so if there were people out there on the fence about whether to give up guns or not, then they're now firmly in the "we can't allow nutters like this to have guns" camp.

For the record I am British and think you should get rid of the guns, that's my personal opinion.

But for those of you who want to keep your guns, you just got spanked.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
TPTB make out anyone who questions anything is a fruitcake or a conspiracy nut job so that other people will want to distance themselves from them, and will therefore side with the opposing point of view.

This is absolutely true. The people in the US, Canada and other countries like the UK and France and other NATO powers, allies of the US everywhere in fact, have adopted the strategy of going directly to a discussion of the sanity of any individual alleging that 9/11 was an inside job, that the US government participated in and covered up the assassination of JFK and other such "conspiracy theories", instead of discussing any of those allegations on their merit and using reasoning derived from evidence and logic.

The questioning of the sanity of a conspiracy theorist is the default response of the rather large community of people who have chosen to be collaborators after the fact with the perpetrators of these crimes.

The ethical hypocrisy of the mainstream, in these matters doesn't permit serious examination of allegations made against regimes that they have supported, do support and in support of which the mainstream have committed war crimes. The mainstream elected criminals who became mass murderers in office and then the mainstream supported these mass murderers in going on to commit war crimes.

The mainstream media has covered up mass murder and are accessories to mass murder after the fact, perhaps in some cases even before the fact.

They are incapable of answering intelligently put allegations of mass murder and coverup. They are hypocrits. Their only option in the situation is to question the sanity of people who refuse to go along to get along with mass murderers.

Alex Jones comes across to normal people like a complete loon - so if there were people out there on the fence about whether to give up guns or not, then they're now firmly in the "we can't allow nutters like this to have guns" camp.

There is some truth to this. People are repelled when they see the expression of hatred so nakedly as they did in Alex's confrontation with Piers Morgan.

For the record I am British and think you should get rid of the guns, that's my personal opinion.

Well, I'm Canadian and I live in a kinder and gentler society than American society but I understand why Americans have guns and I understand the reason that the Founding Fathers of the country wrote the 2nd amendment into the Constitution. I support the 2nd amendment rights of Americans and believe that they should be armed up to the standards of the US military, at least as far as personal weapons are concerned.

However, having said that I must say that Americans, though they may have the firepower necessary to resist tyranny, they do not seem to understand that firepower is not the first line of defense against tyranny. 1 comes before 2 in the list of amendments. The 1st amendment is the "golden rule" of democracy.

When the majority of Americans have been won over, using the 1st amendment, they can then decide whether exercising prerogatives provided for in the 2nd amendment is called for in any particular political situation.

That is their constitutional right.

But for those of you who want to keep your guns, you just got spanked.

I hate to say it (this is the moring after Alex's TV appearance) but I think you are right. I think Alex walked into a situation that could only be won by a civilised discussion. When Alex started to rant and then continued to rant, despite repeated attempts by Piers Morgan to be civil, I think Morgan was saying to himself, in the back of his mind, "I've got him."

One thing in particular disappointed me about that discussion. When Piers Morgan asked Alex if he thought that 9/11 was an inside job, Alex hesitated, before launching into a laundry list of suspicious items related to 9/11. He should not have hesitated and he should have simply said "Yes."

That moment of hesitation told me a lot about Alex and told me about the strength of the Pavlovian conditioning that has been imposed on the American public since 9/11. Saying "yes, it was an inside job" is one of the biggest taboos in the mainstream media and not even Alex Jones is immune to the mind control efforts that have been put into suppressing that simple response, "Yes, 9/11 was an inside job."

edit on 9-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

Originally posted by Power_Semi
TPTB make out anyone who questions anything is a fruitcake or a conspiracy nut job so that other people will want to distance themselves from them, and will therefore side with the opposing point of view.

This is absolutely true. The people in the US, Canada and other countries like the UK and France and other NATO powers, allies of the US everywhere in fact, have adopted the strategy of going directly to a discussion of the sanity of any individual alleging that 9/11 was an inside job, that the US government participated in and covered up the assassination of JFK and other such "conspiracy theories", instead of discussing any of those allegations on their merit and using reasoning derived from evidence and logic.

The questioning of the sanity of a conspiracy theorist is the default response of the rather large community of people who have chosen to be collaborators after the fact with the perpetrators of these crimes.

The other default response to stifle debate is to call the other person a Nazi, racist, homophobic, ageist, etc.

For the record in case anyone is wondering, no I don't like Piers Morgan. He tries to come across as a whiter than white commentator or interviewer, but his days as a journalist showed him for what he really is - a self serving scum bag.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Morgan, to me, is like a lot of talk show hosts on the radio. He is basically a crap disturber. He's an entertainer trying to provoke people for purposes of entertainment. I don't know about his record in the UK. I don't really mind the guy. He just wants ratings and a big paycheck. Nothing wrong with that.

Alex's problem, and I've written about it in another thread, is that he is essentially a radio personality. Marshal McLuhan was the first to make the distinction between "hot" and "cool" mediums. Radio is a hot medium. Television is a cool medium.

The two mediums require different styles. Alex is a radio guy, a hot personality operating on turf that is not suited to his style, a style that he refuses to adjust for the demands of a cool medium. Piers is a cool personality who had no trouble making a hot personality look bad on the cool medium.

That's egghead stuff that Alex probably has no time for, but a cool medium setup, based on analysis pioneered by a Canadian giant (Ta da!), and honed by generations of people in the television industry, is what sunk Alex yesterday.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Alex Jones screwed it up. If you compare Alex Jones 14 minutes of shouting compared to Jesse Ventura vs Piers for like an hour with backed up calm facts. I know that Jesse goes to Alex on his shows but due to this little incident Alex's credibility just went to an all time low. I never ever saw what people hated about him before but after this I cant stand him. Its just awful. Mocking the accent was just a shake my head/facepalm moment.

Please don't ever do a debate like that again Alex Jones

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Alex has got to catch up to himself. When he was a voice crying (screaming) in the wilderness, his style was appropriate to the situation. Times have changed largely due to Alex's own efforts. The tone can be modulated now. Alex has our attention. There is no longer a need to scream.

To me Alex's best moment was in the video he posted from the hotel after the TV appearance when he said that he is bored with guns and more interested in video cameras now. That's the real Alex. He grew up with guns. He has piles of them at home in the gun locker but he is no longer interested in them, personally.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

Delusional? Alex Jones shot up to #7 in the world on twitter trends after this debate. #1 in the U.S. I think he did a damn fine job.

edit on 9-1-2013 by vaelamin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

Are you serious? I garuntee most of those people were saying how crazy he was. He acted like a child and didn't manage one actual talking point. It was all straw men and ad nausium. He didn't have a leg to stand on. I'm not anti- second amendment at all, but I really don't think Jones should own guns. Also, does Texas really need another Yosemite Sam stereotype blustering about guns and cold dead hands. I watched it because I figured I'd get a good laugh, but that was an embarrassment to our nation. He's an adult on national tv for chrissakes.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

he's trending because crazy gets attention. people are mostly talking about how nuts he is. he didn't make any NEW fans outside of being a fan of watching him act like a loon for entertainment.

i don't know if he does it for the money (he lives in a $700K home and makes over a million a yr) and attention or if he always acts that way even off camera.

he's a joke to most people.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I don't know if Alex is still in New York, but if he is and if what he fears in this video is a real possibility, he should get on the phone to a security company and have them send bodyguards over to make sure that he gets to the airport and on his flight safely.

This is the problem: Alex thinks he's being treated poorly because he's a conspiracy theorist or because he has made top-secret government issues publicly known. In reality he is being treated this way because he couldn't keep his cool on Piers Morgan's show. He acted like a fool. He created a self-fulfilling prophecy in which he believed that he would never get another opportunity like this ever again, and by acting like that he nearly ensured that he would never get another opportunity like that ever again.

He sounds incredibly narcissistic and paranoid in this youtube video. Guy may be slippin'. At the very least he needs to think more clearly. Just because a guy comes up saying he is a fan with a "violent look in his eyes" it does not mean that he is a cop, or trying to kill you.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Dont give an inch! Way to Go Jones! None of us should be keeping our cool! Taking our guns should mean 1776 all over again!
edit on 9-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
ROFL!!! In 60 minutes,Alex Jones did more to point out the need for gun control than all the time spent by every Liberal since the beginning of time to do the same.

PLEAE put him all over the airwaves. Do that and America just won't regulate guns, they will ban them.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

Delusional? Alex Jones shot up to #7 in the world on twitter trends after this debate. #1 in the U.S. I think he did a damn fine job.

edit on 9-1-2013 by vaelamin because: (no reason given)

if the single most important thing to you is having people mention your name for publicity, he sure did achieve that.

I think on issues like this, the reason they mention your name is actually more important than the total number of mentions though. if millions of people saying it's to say " alex jones is crazy" "alex jones acted like a jerk" then you really didn't help your cause.

Alex isn't on David Ickes level of being easily dismissed yet, but acting like this on TV isn't going to help him or the issues he believes in.

Jones could pull that stuff when speaking to his followers, he doesn't have to win them over at all, they are fully on board, but his appearance on piers was horrible for his cause.
edit on 9-1-2013 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I had never heard of Jones before all of these threads mentioning him, so I would say that the interviewworked out just fine, I would probably listen to his show to see what theory he is going to rant about on air .. before this I would have just kept flipping through the stations.

PM speaks in fallacies and half truths, and should really skip all gun law talk, seeing as he isn't even an American citizen.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Alex Jones showed the world how fanatic and insane conspiracy theorist and patriotism can go. He is extreme on all sides, everything is a conspiracy. Piers Morgan completely destroyed him and put reality back in his face by acting like a gentleman while Alex Jones acted like an animal who went only to dominate. Needless, to say he was and still is a fool.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives

Alex Jones showed the world how fanatic and insane conspiracy theorist and patriotism can go. He is extreme on all sides, everything is a conspiracy. Piers Morgan completely destroyed him and put reality back in his face by acting like a gentleman while Alex Jones acted like an animal who went only to dominate. Needless, to say he was and still is a fool.

Piers "destroyed" him? He hardly spoke. He asked the same loaded question several times and then kept implying how stupid/evasive Alex was for not taking his bait.

Piers acted like an effete, prissy nancy-boy that no one likes. A self-important, soft-handed condescending spoiled know-it-all who actually knows nothing. All Piers has is his posh, effiminate accent, which is why it was GREAT when Alex started mocking him.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Alexs website is no 1783 in the whole world in terms of visitor numbers - that is phenomenal, he must get well over 10,000 visitors per day to achieve that ranking.

Yesterday his traffic was up 200%.

I'd say what he's done is to increase his earnings quite significantly.

Source: Alexa.com

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join