It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alex jones vs piers morgan debate.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkATi

To some extent I agree. Alex could have been more measured in his responses to Morgan and made a better discussion of it, but I think he probably thought that he would never get another chance like that and decided to fire all of his guns at once, so to speak.

A smarter media guy than Alex would have cosied up to Piers a little and very carefully and deliberately, like Jack the Ripper, have cut him to pieces. And he would have been invited back to do it on other issues.

Alex Jones doesn't understand Piers. Piers doesn't give a tinker's damn about what goes on in America. He's a media personality whose main concern is ratings. A well behaved Alex could have given Piers a lot of highly rated shows and made political points too. But Alex is Alex.

Morgan is British and has a profound misunderstanding of Americans and America. He don't git it. He's a Brit who has been conditioned by centuries of life under the heels of an aristocracy to know his place. There are forces in America that want Americans to be just like the Brits. My advice to Americans. Take a trip to England and pay attention, pay real good attention. You'll see the difference.

Bottom line. Be American, be proud to be American, but care about and be kind to non Americans, your fellow human beings.

edit on 8-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed that, mostly from an entertainment perspective. But I am glad he ruffled Piers's feathers, who managed to stay remarkable calm. Of the clips that I have seen of Piers, he is usually the one throwing the insults at the guests that do not agree with his stance on issues.

Alex did not seem crazy at all, he appeared to have an agenda and stuck to it well. He threw out the information he wanted to have heard and took control of the interview instead of letting Piers guide him.

To someone that is not familiar with Alex Jones, I am sure he would seem a bit crazy. But loud and fast is his style, that's how he created his wealth. But look what he accomplished, people are talking about it, it is on many of the news websites. He has gained more notoriety, and he will continue to make money.

Mission accomplished.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Piers Morgan is a very dangerous individual, but probably unconsciously so. He's a nice guy in some ways and certainly tough in the British manner. Talk about London in 1940. Piers stood up to the Alex Jones blitz remarkably well, and never really lost composure.

His views though, are the views of another culture. The French made the gutters of Paris run red with the blood of the aristocracy. The English never did in the same thoroughgoing way. There is a marked difference between these two peoples. Most Americans would be surprised by this, but it is the French who are closer in spirit and temperament to Americans.

Americans and the French have a common experience . . . revolution. It changes a people when they stop backing down and finally become top dog in a society. The English couldn't make their revolution stick. Go to England and be with the ordinary English. You'll see the differences in little things. The English carry the burden of "aristocracy". The French and the Americans do not.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
For Alex Jones to have this much passion to do what He does I think He is telling some truth about the New World Order control.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
HA! Only Alex Jones would dare. Congrats Alex, you are just that much closer to securing a place at the right hand of God. As for all those shills on this forum, please know where you will be going in the afterlife. I pray that you will receive a vision of it's completely awful horridness before that fateful hour so that you will turn from your ways.

If Jesus Christ were talking with Piers Morgan the message would have been the same. True, the delivery would have been quite different, but it would have been different if John the Baptist, the wild man preaching in the desert, would have addressed him. The message relayed still would have been the same. Alex has made himself a tool in the hands of the Master however rough and imperfect he may be, he serves a correct purpose.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
A smarter media guy than Alex would have cosied up to Piers a little and very carefully and deliberately, like Jack the Ripper, have cut him to pieces. And he would have been invited back to do it on other issues.

I really wish this happened. Points true or not, Alex severely hurt any critical thought movement in this country severely with his little display. Makes me give a second thought to people claiming he is a shill.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't know if Alex is still in New York, but if he is and if what he fears in this video is a real possibility, he should get on the phone to a security company and have them send bodyguards over to make sure that he gets to the airport and on his flight safely.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryNorris

Originally posted by hawkpacific
I believe that Alex Jones caused more harm than good tonight. He was out of control and only solidified the opinion that "conspiracy theorists" are crazed, delusional people.

It is clear that Alex Jones fans are quite crazed and delusional..It is comical that these infowarriors claim to be "awake" and actually talk down to others and use terms like "sheeple".

The more I think about it, the more Alex Jones fans scare me. I dont think any individual that describes themselves as an 'infowarrior' or 'liberty patriot' should be able to own a gun. These people are not safe and they have Jones scaring the hell out of them and only just stopping short of encouraging terrorist acts against the TSA and others.

Alex Jones fans should not have guns.

Alex Jones and his rabble are the first ones that should have their guns taken away.

Alex Jones should be forced to have his mental health evaluated based on that interview alone. Imagine living next door to this nutjob. He could freak out at any second. He could snap at any instant. Who knows what will set him off and push him over the edge? Alex Jones should be evaluated by mental health professionals immediately for his own safety and for the safety of the public.
edit on 8-1-2013 by HenryNorris because: cant spell

I am a fan of Alex Jones you don't have to worry about me - unless you're planning on coming into my home to disarm me

People like you are the ones the world needs to truly fear. Those that think they should dictate who should and shouldn't be armed.

Alex is angry. So should any true American. This country is being systematically dismantled. We are literally descending into hell.

If you can't see that then what else can I say - cliche or not - YOU ARE ASLEEP!
edit on 8-1-2013 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

This is not a debate because there is nothing to debate. We are not giving up our guns PERIOD! No matter what the anti-gun NWO crowd says or does. Get it?
edit on 8-1-2013 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You are completely delusional if you think this interview was good in any way, shape, form, or fashion. It did succeed in making Piers Morgan look spectacular though. This was a major disservice to the conspiracy community and "waking people up," or whatever the hell you people are calling it nowadays.

I do like what will be the end result though...the end of Alex Jones' career. He didn't gain any new fans last night and lost a lot of them also, mostly because he exposed himself for the ranting, raving lunatic that he is. He made himself look extremely bad and didn't help any of his causes.

Seriously, if you're a Joneser at this point still, you deserve to be publicly humiliated and laughed at.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hahaha What a cracker! Alex makes us look so bad! We need someone on TV who isnt crazy!

Pretty sure Alex has been smoking crack! Haha!

Saying that the bankers are taking over us straight off the bat was a bad move... You need to talk to the sheeple on a different level and go slowly into it

Umm and whats with the accent? Hes off his head! lol

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Dudes like that shouldn't be allowed to have guns.

That was embarrassing and I'm not even American!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryNorris

Originally posted by hawkpacific
I believe that Alex Jones caused more harm than good tonight. He was out of control and only solidified the opinion that "conspiracy theorists" are crazed, delusional people.

It is clear that Alex Jones fans are quite crazed and delusional..It is comical that these infowarriors claim to be "awake" and actually talk down to others and use terms like "sheeple".

The more I think about it, the more Alex Jones fans scare me. I dont think any individual that describes themselves as an 'infowarrior' or 'liberty patriot' should be able to own a gun. These people are not safe and they have Jones scaring the hell out of them and only just stopping short of encouraging terrorist acts against the TSA and others.

Alex Jones fans should not have guns.

Alex Jones and his rabble are the first ones that should have their guns taken away.

Alex Jones should be forced to have his mental health evaluated based on that interview alone. Imagine living next door to this nutjob. He could freak out at any second. He could snap at any instant. Who knows what will set him off and push him over the edge? Alex Jones should be evaluated by mental health professionals immediately for his own safety and for the safety of the public.
edit on 8-1-2013 by HenryNorris because: cant spell

You are delusional. What am I suppose to do.. Watch mainstream news? Get real.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Alex is Alex and Alex is fantastic. He is exactly what this nation needs. He's not the ONLY thing America needs, and he's the first to say that he is a not particularly intelligent loudmouth that represents the passion of a free man who loves life and liberty. He is the embodiment of that. How can people sit around and talk about dismantling the foundation of the USA all calm and collected? We have a 100% corrupt politcal system, they pass the NDAA AGAIN and Patriot Act and all this stuff every day it gets worse and worse and people sit around talking about nothing but the great need to take more rights away. I'm thankful for Alex every day.

There are always sycophants and impressionable people who can't think for themselves even who listen to shows like Alex Jones. They are still unconscious but they are hooked into Alex Jones or whatever alternative media. The majority of people who listen to Alex Jones though are not sheep they are people who listen to Alex because he's talking about things they already know and believe or can see themselves. He is a clearing house for new information without bull#. He's not a nutcase who makes things up, he's a journalist who reports the fruits of his research. If you're interested in anything he says then you research it yourself. Everybody including him knows he's an overworked, stressed out loose cannon.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
morgon is a donky ass and when ever he cant win he resorts to name calling lol..or kicks people out of the convo. wow thats thrilling interview material. the very fact no one wants him in his own country should say a alot lol.

p.s i signed the WH petition to have him sent back lol just for giggles.

2 days later uk set up a petition on our WH petition site and made one to keep him here... thats is epic

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
To some extent I agree. Alex could have been more measured in his responses to Morgan

Do you think?

I watched it until the chubby fella started yipping like a rabid hyena. Pretty much 10 seconds in, then turned it off. There is no debating with that type of man, unless one wants to be spat upon.

edit on 8-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I knew Alex Jones growing up in Rockwall, Texas. He was a creepy kid, an angry loner. He acted like he wasn't quiet right in the head. He always struck me as the kid most likely to grow up to be a serial killer.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I just want to say, Alex didnt act appropriately, but thats who he is. People do not think he represents the people with the guns. The media may portray it that way, but people dont think that. I have not yet met one person that is against the 2nd ammendment. Not one. It is hollywood & the media who want to take our guns. Not the people.

I forgot to mentione the government wants to take them...duh. lol
edit on 8-1-2013 by michelle555 because: had more to say

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
No, it was not a debate.

And that's just fine with me. Because the Second Amendment isn't up for debate. Period. You want to take it away, you don't have America anymore. You have something else.

Was Alex Jones angry? Yes. How angry would you be if someone was talking about getting rid of one of the other amendents?

Did Alex Jones duck questions? Yes. Because they were loaded, cherry-picked questions that could only be answered in a way that made the host's points.

Did he sound crazy? Yes. He tried to shoehorn a bunch of other topics into the discussion and hype his show and his website, and he came off like a crank. But that's his gimmick. There's nobody who was on the fence about guns who is going to go anti-gun because of this.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I know I might get torched for saying this here, but after watching this I really can't help but feel like the theories that Alex Jones is a cointelpro agent might have some truth to them. They took complete advantage of him. Piers strung him along so easily, right down to the discrediting 9/11 stuff. I know the alex jones personality cult won't want to hear it, but this really was a horribly discrediting interview. I don't like Piers at all, but this worked perfectly in favor of his agenda. This was just bad, all the way to the core. I'm not a fan of Alex as it is, but this just felt off to me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join