It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alex jones vs piers morgan debate.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkpacific
I believe that Alex Jones caused more harm than good tonight. He was out of control and only solidified the opinion that "conspiracy theorists" are crazed, delusional people.

It is clear that Alex Jones fans are quite crazed and delusional..It is comical that these infowarriors claim to be "awake" and actually talk down to others and use terms like "sheeple".

The more I think about it, the more Alex Jones fans scare me. I dont think any individual that describes themselves as an 'infowarrior' or 'liberty patriot' should be able to own a gun. These people are not safe and they have Jones scaring the hell out of them and only just stopping short of encouraging terrorist acts against the TSA and others.

Alex Jones fans should not have guns.

Alex Jones and his rabble are the first ones that should have their guns taken away.

Alex Jones should be forced to have his mental health evaluated based on that interview alone. Imagine living next door to this nutjob. He could freak out at any second. He could snap at any instant. Who knows what will set him off and push him over the edge? Alex Jones should be evaluated by mental health professionals immediately for his own safety and for the safety of the public.
edit on 8-1-2013 by HenryNorris because: cant spell

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

Yeah....Alex and everyone around him lives in a delusion. He doesn't realize how crazy he looked in that Piers interview. I thought he looked nuts and I'm familiar with him, just imagine what the average CNN viewer thought who has never heard of AJ before.

edit on 8-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryNorris

Alex Jones fans should not have guns.

Alex Jones and his rabble are the first ones that should have their guns taken away. Alex Jones should be forced to have his mental health evaluated based on that interview alone

Well hold up now, I wouldn't go THAT far... well, maybe that last sentence about having his mental health evaluated, I agree with that, but of course now just about anything that makes you human is classified as a mental health issue.

Now see this is Alex's problem, and part of the reason that anyone who follows him stops after about a year or so, or completely falls into this end of the world buy silver crap. He works himself into a frenzie. Did I watch the same interview? The guy completely lost it and sat arguing with himself, refused to answer questions, and repeated the same UNRELATED statistics over and over.

Don't get me wrong, AJ helped wake up me, and I think Morgan is a douche, but that my friends, is the face of insanity. Alex has indeed been drinking his own cool aid.

Do you all finally see what I saw several years ago?

Alex Jones is a tool of the establishment, possibly unbeknownst to him, who's sole purpose it to make the entire "truth" and "alternative" media and followers look like complete idiots. And.... it's working.

Did anyone catch the latest simpsons? The one poking fun at the show preppers? Those guys are Alex Jones and the cult he's creating around himself, actively hoping for the "end of the world" so they can be right. If you listen to this guy you lose the ability to think critically. He makes connections that don't exist. Points to facts that don't exist. Sends you off on tangents that have nothing to do with anything.

So AJ, you got your bloated pompus carcass on CNN, and this is how you present yourself? Seriously folks, Alex Jones is Marlyn Manson, a joke on the fans who fall for it. He's making fun of your intelligence. He's giving you a kernel of truth coated with so much BS you can't fit it through your front door.

And then he has a chance to actually get himself into the living room of NORMAL people. (sorry folks, truthers, ATS users and AJ followers are NOT normal, we are far from normal and that's not an insult at all) to help spread some needed truth, and he acts like a 5 year old, starts screaming and yelling before he even has a reason...

Actually... He totally just pulled a Bill O'Reilly. Wow, facepalm.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
is anyone surprised? Alex Jones has always been a crazy. I remember when out of the blue, he had a respectful discussion on guns with Chomsky, Jones didn't agree with what Chomsky was saying but continued the niceties on air, then as soon as chomsky was gone he went OFF, talking about he was an nwo shill and all sorts.

I don't think it's that Jones is the craziest person in the world, there are much crazier.

What it really comes down to is Jones has NO manners or respect for other people. He is a disrespectful jerk, a spoiled brat who hasn't been raised right. The man doesn't know what it is to be decent or respectful

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
What gets me is this.....

All of the mass shootings within the us and abroad seem to have a pysch med theme, yet the focus is on guns.

TPTB DO NOT want us to have guns... they want all of us unarmed. Get that and you have won the "awaken" battle for the most part.

CNN plays into the ammunition he had, the weaponry he used, and so on. However there is NO talk about the meds he was on.
Alex brings it up.... why??? Because he is sick and tired of the media spinning things for the government.

The root of the problem is not kids who can obtain guns.... good god.... i had several behind each door growing up and never touched one. HAD I BEEN ON MEDS then maybe I would have.

The focus, and the root of the problem is not being identified by the media, oh no, its guns. They are owned by the government so why in the hell would they focus on Big Pharma? They want us all on meds, messed up, and without guns. Im not just being paranoid... I am a researcher who gets to the root of issues.

In regards to Alex Jones..... Call him what you may but he is a voice that represents many and MANY ARE ANGRY!!! We have been hijacked and the ones of us who see this....who know this.... want our rights back and want to see our Country in a better shape. The way we are going is NOT GOOD AT ALL. We see this and the one person who is standing up and calling it like it is, Alex Jones, is ..... a nutter.

What is sad here is all the people on this thread who are not as angry and passionate about the rights of We the People of the United States of America. WE MAKE THIS NATION and have given up all rights to the rich elite. For the ones who stand up and scream.... BRAVO!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Jesus christ that was the worst thing i've ever seen!

Alex has just made a complete fool out of himself. He didn't even let Peirs Morgan speak! It was just alex jones screaming for 15minutes, and the amount of hypocracy was just unreal.

Alex constantly going on about how Piers is playing into the NWO's hand by asking for 'facts and statistics', when alex is just shouting and screaming his.
Alex mocking Piers for having a que card, or having his statistics on a piece of paper, while Alex was throwing his around left, right and centre.
Alex not answering ANY of his questions, replying with pathetic nonsense;

"How many gun murders were there in the UK?"
"How many shark murders were there?"
"How many gun murders were there in the UK?"
"How many chimps bla bla bla"

And the mocking of the accent? Seriously, thats low.

If you can't win a debate, mock your opponent.

Piers even tells him, 35, and STILL no reply!!

No wonder he got cut off, it was not news worthy, it was not a debate of any kind. If Alex at least answered a few questions, kept it civil, and discussed his views, then he would of been able to get his point across and people would take him seriously, but this has just ruined any chance he had of getting a wider audience.

He has really shot himself in the foot, but the worrying thing is, people (not so much on ATS, but on YouTube ect) are claiming that he OWNED Piers, he didn't, if anything Piers owned him, without even doing anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Hi,
I am not a lover of Piers Morgan at all, however I do have to say that Jones looked like a hyperactive child in comparison. If you've got a point to make, which Jones does, and you want to deliver it and have people listen to it, when faced with someone calm and composed, interrupting and acting like a spoilt child is not the way to do it.

Furthermore Jones was totally incapable of answering the questions posed fully, not a great stand point.

Very disappointed.

Piers came off looking better imho.

Cheers,
T

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryNorris

Since when does passionate speaking constitute crazy?

More than ever before, US citizens are at risk to lose the right to arms and slip further into tyranny. I THINK HE HAS REASON TO FREAK OUT. Who cares if YOU or anyone else likes or enjoys his delivery when his facts are...well, facts?

And if you are a US citizen and you are not freaked out, you should probably go get YOUR head checked. You've posted rants over and over that you can't stand him, so why did you watch it?

Alex Jones fans should not have the right to arms? Are you serious??? You sound like the tyrannical elite! Are you a troll?

I appreciate that he is out there speaking up and trying to wake people up rather than hanging out on a message board spewing hate. He's more a 2nd Amendment advocate than any of our reps.

But, have a great day!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Makes you kinda wonder what Alex is really doing........I will just leave it at that.
S for you!

spez

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Lol, Alex Jones is going to get into a boxing ring with Piers Morgan and wear red, white, and blue. Does he not realize that the Union Jack is also red, white, and blue?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RowdyAmerican1
They kick him off.

Wow Alex was try to get alot of talking points out very quickly.

Of course they did.

Alex Jones scorched him!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And that nut job is allowed to own 50 guns???? Jeez, i'm glad i'm a few thousand miles away from that mad house of a country, all nice and safe.

Forgive me for using a factoid to undermine an argument

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
i have listened to his show many times and when he starts yelling i swear it is the most obnoxious thing i've heard on radio. i really didn't expect him to go that far on prime time TV though. he made himself look even more crazy and then his video from his hotel room going on and on about all the people in trench coats following him? good grief.

the man makes a ton of money with his crazy though.... lives in a very large, very expensive home. i'm not sure if he does it because of all the money he makes or if he really believes his paranoid delusions.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It seems to me that people fighting the good fight end up labeled crazy regardless of whether they rant and rave like Alex or not. Take Ron Paul. He has always presented his ideas in a rational, calm and respectful manner but many people still believe the main stream media hype when they demonize him out to be a crazy, cranky old man. And it's taken him 30 years to really get his message out at all. I agree Alex is going to come off looking like a raving lunatic to many people, but maybe we need more passionate people out there fighting for us - because I really have to wonder: do we have another 30 years to spare going about things the so-called "right" way?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit
That was the best 15 minutes of piers morgan i've ever seen. Hilarious how they get a psychiatrist on afterwards that says he's afraid of AJ getting his guns and coming after him

I would say the Jesse Ventura one was the best Piers I've seen. Also the only one. And some could say the only one you should see.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Alex Jones is the last person you want to represent you guys. They already call you "gun nuts". He went on Piers and acted like a lunatic....

He didn't act like a lunatic,he spoke a lot of points really fast and passionately because he knew he could not talk over Piers with these topics slowly and let Piers win the debate with dumb questions.He knew he would get cut off so he covered all the topics really fast. I listened to the interview for the 2nd time and he # on Piers with all the facts.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Alex Jones' style in the interview put out 10 times as much information as following the Piers Morgan sludge would have done.

From an information stand point Alex Jones won.

Piers Morgan:

only 35 people were killed by gun violence in the UK.

People who commit mass shootings use guns.

Alex Jones:

UK has a higher crime rate overall.

290 million were killed by governments in the 20th century-- University of Hawaii

The Second Amendment is about limiting government

Most of the gun murder was gang bangers killing gang bangers

The guns that that gun grabbers want to outlaw are not the guns used in crime rate statistics.

The crime rate has been dropping as more guns are bought by citizens.

People do the crimes not the weapons

Psychoactive drugs are involved

Although Piers Morgan appealed for debate etiquette, I doubt that he would have answered any of AJ assertions/questions. Major Media never does. The best you get from major media is a noun or verb alluding to some thing non PC that is subsequently forgotten.

I watched part one twice although I got the weight of it the first time.

AJ's purposeful style is, I understand, a turn off to many thinking people.

However, Usually people who rant are repeating a variation of the same statement over and over. Alex Jones was communicating to some CNN viewers that there is another genuine, heartfelt and popular point of view. Most people who are curious about the real world will be watching CNN at some point before switching to the internet. AJ got them and additionally got some people to think about what the second amendment really means.

It was good TV IMO and AJ did it better than any else I've seen on the major networks. The English accent towards the end, cool and straight.

Alex Jones got in his third segment, information wise, because of his rapid fire performance.

Alex Jones is supposed to be one of us, the Blue Whale of the patriot sector, but not all of us. AJ did his part like he always does. There should be support from another angle, like additional wheels or engines to keep freedom normal for everyone.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The root of this whole gun debate and a lot of other contentious political issues in the United States, the advent of the Imperial Presidency, pre-emptive war, Presidential assasinations of American citizens without due process, extrordinary renditions (outsourcing torture), etc., is the belief that the Constitution of the United States of America is not a very important document and needn't be taken too seriously as a guide to what is lawful in the United States.

The Founding Fathers of the most successful nation that ever existed thought it was important that citizens be well enough armed to resist the professional military forces of a tyrannical regime. That's the purpose of the 2nd ammendment to the Constitution.

In the United States, the military has upgraded from muskets and so has the population. That's just the way it is.

There are many, many other initiatives that could be undertaken to address issues of mental health care and the use of prescription psychoactive drugs. It is not just the gun lobby that is active in the US. There is a lobby acting for Big Pharma as well.

Focusing on guns alone in the wake of mass shootings doesn't really address the whole problem.

Incidentally, Alex was absolutely right to avoid falling into the "question and answer" trap that Piers Morgan kept trying to spring on him. The fact is, the Constitution of the United States has an ammendment that is intended to provide for an armed population able to defend against a professional military.
edit on 8-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Alex acted like a chump. No manners whatsoever. I felt bad for Piers, and I don't like Piers very much...

This was an incredibly lame interview, Alex just ran off a monologue the whole time. There was no debate, no discussion. Sad.
edit on 8-1-2013 by DarkATi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

He's too crazy for my tastes.

Yelling does not get a point across.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join