It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ariel School, Zimbawe UFO Research 1994 to 2012 (Full Info Documentary NEW)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Was shared this video recently and I thought I would share it for those interested in this subject. I appreciate that 2 hours plus may be a long time for some folks on here, but if you're truly interested, then I don't understand how you can possibly get bored listening to the accounts in this doc.

In this is all the information that the children provided at the time of the event and imo, it's some of the best accounts of a CE3 (Close Encounter of the Third Kind) by some of the most credible witnesses.

On 14th September, 1994, a UFO streaked across the sky over Southern Africa. Two days later, something landed in a schoolyard in Ruwa, Zimbabwe, with three or four things beside it, according to journalist Cynthia Hind. This was witnessed by 62 schoolchildren, who had little or no exposure to TV or popular press accounts of UFOs. Cynthia Hind interviewed them the day after the encounter and made them draw pictures of what they had seen. A few months later, Dr John Mack and research associate Dominique Callimanopulos traveled to Zimbabwe to research one of the most extraordinary group sightings of a UFO in recent times. At the Ariel School in Ruwa, Zimbabwe, 60 children reported seeing a landed UFO during recess. In 2007, Dominique Callimanopulos and Randall Nickerson began production of an edited video program presenting John Mack's interviews with the schoolchildren and faculty. The film became a consuming passion of Nickerson's, and he spent 9 months in Africa to broaden the scope of the film far beyond our initial expectations, discovering new witnesses that corroborate the students' accounts. He is now editing, after returning from a follow-up visit to Africa in 2009, and visits with the now-adult children in 2010.

It's truly amazing to know the effect that this incident had on some of the witnesses there 18 years on from the event.

On a personal note, there's a few points of interest for me, most notably the "slow motion" movement of the beings, which seemed indicative of a time manipulation of some form. There's also the point that there were apparently two other incidents at other schools within a 40km radius at the same time. Absolutely remarkable case and full credit to Dominique Callimanopulos and Randall Nickerson for garnering all possible information on it.

Additionally, here's a couple more incidents (probably known to most but not all ATS'ers) involving schools from other countries. They all appear to have eerie similarities in the descriptions:

Broad Haven School UFO, Wales 1977:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Westhall School UFO incident, Australia 1966:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing the documentary. Will definitely be watching it sometime this coming weekend when there's more time.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I knew that this was in the works and that some of the children (now grown up, of course) have kept in contact by e-mail with the John Mack Institute in recent years, but I was happy to see some recent footage of a few on them starting at about 1:44:00 in the video.

Thanks for posting. S&F.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
To me it would take an enormous stretch of the imagination to think that what these kids said happened didn't happen.

Believe me, I know how divorced from our everyday realities this kind of event is, but it's actually very widespread and adheres to the kinds of commonalities that you'd expect any other more mundane commonly experienced communal event to adhere to.

It kind of makes you take another look at the entire abduction phenomenon and to take it more seriously. Because if what these kids say they saw really did happen, and the same with the 1966 Westall and 1977 Broad Haven school incidents, then this lends a distinct credibility to the thousands of other more individual type abduction encounters.

Thanks for bringing up this event. It was great to hear about it again.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Thank you for sharing the doc OP! Downloading for later consumption..

I've read one of Cynthia Hind's books at the age of 12, which introduced my to the phenomenon of UFO's. One of the incidents she investigated in the book occurred near my town-of-birth in 1978, where a well known farmer shot repeatedly at a spherical light changing colours. It was not long after that I saw a strange flickering light darting across the sky in daylight. Till today I'm not sure if it was simply a product of my overactive 12-year old imagination, but ever since my interest was forever piqued on the subject.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I live just down the road from Ariel school...and this case has always fascinated me. I have a friend (who now lives in the UK) who was actually one of the school kids that witnessed...whatever happened that day. I used to bug him to tell me the the full story...but he was never too willing. There is still a large patch of dirt where the craft apparently landed, and to this day the grass has never grown back. I must go take some pics to show you guys

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brad-H
There is still a large patch of dirt where the craft apparently landed, and to this day the grass has never grown back. I must go take some pics to show you guys

Fascinating. Yes, you must take pics.

On the topic of kids, when you have a bunch of kids that all say they saw the same thing, it's because they did. The evidence is in the details, if the details add up, then it's true. If they are scattered and different, then imagination is where the event took place. It's much more simpler with kids, you can tell (for the most part) when they are lying, and when they are all trying to scheme something, they are very transparent with their intentions.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Brad-H

Please do take a picture I would love to see it! I have been following this story for a long time and hoping for a update!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I've seen a video about this before, and it interested me as well. When you've got scores of children who are independently testifying to the same thing, and I'm sure most of us here have read plenty of stories of similar looking greys,
in saucer craft,
to know there might just be some truth to some of the descriptions and depictions of the creatures said to have been present. The extraterrestrial visiting life forms of another world. All of a sudden, you are no longer the most intelligent or the most capable animal on this planet.
Isn't that what we are all interested in? If it's real. If there's truth to the extraterrestrial hypothesis that: there's a good chance that civilizations who have had thousands of more years than us to develop might just be advanced enough technologically to be able to travel vast distances of spacetime, vast enough to, say, visit neighboring or far stars, or even other galaxies. And for that matter, have located this planet long ago and analyzed its prospects for resources, thereby inevitably intertwining fates with the inhabitants of this world forevermore? Perhaps experimented with a bit of breeding of its own. Playin' with nature. Who knows? Is it really that far out? Have you ever thought about how many stars are in the universe? Just try and see if you can possibly imagine a thousand million stars in a single galaxy - and that's the low end - and then try to grip about a billion of those galaxies strewn at astronomical distances all across the universe.

Yep. When I look at the different galaxies in the Hubble Ultra Deep Field, I just think of all the civilizations that have come and gone. The untold, forever lost stories of living beings who have come before us. The triumphs, the defeats. Just kind of, blows your mind and humbles you even more. Being a part of something much more extravagant than you can even possibly ever imagine with all your might.

So when I see these schoolchildren accounting for what they have witnessed, I just think to myself, "So. This one confronted them." All things considered, it doesn't really surprise me. Out of all the aliens who have ever lived who have visited this planet, you'd think ONE of them in a great dozen would try the ol', "Visit A Playground And See What Happens." Get bold with it. Show up, and see what happens. See what their imaginations think of when confronted with this reality. Not that far out, huh?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
cases like this will at the end turn the mass consciousness around so that direct contact can happen. It all depends on us and our willingness to open ourselves to the possibilty of contact.

we already have contact but only a few people know that..
listen to bashar on this topic.....one of the contacts we already have through channeling
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It's a fascinating case and very interesting to see the interviews that John Mack conducting directly with the children.

The main concern I have is if the children had been influenced by teachers/reporters following the incident to present the story as it is.
Retelling of stories often gets them fixed into a certain format that may not have been the original impression. At least there was one interview done 3 days after the event where the witness assured the reporter it was most definitely a disk.

The documentary has done an excellent job to go out into the field and interview the witnesses and other people involved directly and also to add details to the case, such as classifying the drawings to which grade class made them etc and also to interview the witnesses as adults.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by prsfan

When you have reports and statements from experts saying there is possibly/potentially 17 BILLION earth like planets in the Milky Way alone, it kind of puts everything in context. And even to a skeptic, is this event really so difficult to comprehend?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by prsfan

watched stargazers last night brian cox said that theres 320 billion galaxies in the visible universe

WOW factor right there

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Fair to say, that however way you look at it, there's a sh#t load of reasons to think that the universe is packed with life

Something I've noticed, with archaeology (specifically in Mexico for my example), there was evidence found that modern humans existed there way, way before what was known and the government made a concerted effort in order to conceal that fact. It's probably happened in other countries as well.

Take a step back and you can understand why they don't want things going against the status quo, regardless of their veracity. One can only hope they come to their senses and accept some truths about themselves.

It completely boggles my mind that with the amount of numbers we are talking here, how people can automatically rule out that we have not been visited, I'd say the chances are more that we have been, and not just once either, throughout history.

For the same reasons as above, it's understandable why TPTB have covered up and continue to suppress evidence of this.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
1984 event
link
link

is this incident being hushed up?

edit on 9-1-2013 by reject because: slash

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Good call mate, I should've said they "try to" cover up these events, and even when the story does break, isn't it strange that there isn't more media attention given to them?

As Cynthia Hind says at one point in the doc, "this story will be one of the biggest in the 20th century", and it should've been, but why wasn't it?
edit on 9-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is one of the most convincing "events" of this kind.

And in my opinion, it is absolutely all true.

S&F.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
This is one of the most convincing "events" of this kind.

And in my opinion, it is absolutely all true.

S&F.

agreed.
As far as proof is concerned, you can't get better than mass eye witnesses, matching drawings etc..
This is the ultimate example of a case warranting international recognition in a MSM way..
nope though

b

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
An outstanding thread. Thanks for sharing this incident and bringing us up to date. This was actually discussed here on ATS a couple years ago by quite a few people and the post count of the thread was very high as there was quite a bit of interest in the incident. Some pseudo-skeptics proposed that the teacher had somehow manipulated all 60 of the children to concoct this story as some kind of media stunt even though all the children, now young adults, descriptions remained the same and the details haven't changed over time.

This, IMHO, is one of the better incidents in Ufology.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78

Originally posted by Brad-H
There is still a large patch of dirt where the craft apparently landed, and to this day the grass has never grown back. I must go take some pics to show you guys

Fascinating. Yes, you must take pics.

On the topic of kids, when you have a bunch of kids that all say they saw the same thing, it's because they did. The evidence is in the details, if the details add up, then it's true. If they are scattered and different, then imagination is where the event took place. It's much more simpler with kids, you can tell (for the most part) when they are lying, and when they are all trying to scheme something, they are very transparent with their intentions.

Also....not one of the 62 children....NOW ADULTS...have recanted or claimed hoax.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join