It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bobcat attacks Massachusetts family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hi all

Lol what do you do when a wild bobcat is in your garage?

apparantly another good reason to own a gun....(`~__~`)

usnews.nbcnews.com...

Three people, including a teenager, went face-to-face with an unlikely visitor to a Brookfield, Mass., home on Sunday: a wild bobcat.

Roger Mundell, 53, discovered the animal in his garage, police said. Before he had a chance to get his bearings, the bobcat lunged at him.

"It only took a split second for him to be on me," Mundell told WHDH, an NBC station in Boston. "I didn't have time to process it."

Mundell sustained a large gash on his forehead and puncture wounds on his arms during the attack.

"It hit me with it's face right here," Mundell told WHDH, pointing to the wound on his forehead. "Then it gave me a bear hug."

Mundell wrenched away from the animal and ran inside his house, slamming the door to the garage behind him. After Mundell told his wife -- whose name was not given -- what happened, she bolted out the front door to alert her 15-year-old nephew, according to Brookfield police chief Michael Blancherd.

But as soon as Mundell's wife went outside, the bobcat emerged from the garage's side door and lunged at her nephew. Mundell, who had also gone outside to warn his nephew, charged forward to rescue the teenager.

"I had to get it off my nephew," Mundell said. "I was in a t-shirt by then and that's when it ripped up my arms and stuff like that."

edit on 7-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

C'mon man.........seriously?

What next? Birds swooping?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by goou111

lol they shot and killed it.. isnt that what a gun is for??

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Everyone on my street owns guns, and we've needed them for protection from coyotes.

There are a lot of children who play in the street and nearby woods areas, and coyotes have dens nearby because of the garbage and food in our residential area. Some have come close to the kids, but we were prepared and took action against those coyotes.

Like what was said, just another good reason to own a gun.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

lol they shot and killed it.. isnt that what a gun is for??

You said it...........finally.

Finally a gun lover agrees with me.

It aint for looking at, it aint for cuddling, it aint for loving.....

It's for killing things.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
why would you kill it.. it sounds like it was trying to give him a kiss and then gave him a hug.. he is like Edward Scissor hands.. he tried to hug people but with his scissor hands he cuts them up.. he cant help it

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's amazing really.

I have lived in Australia for almost 15 years now. I have been lucky to travel and live all around this fantastic country. I have lived with tribes of aboriginals, some of which are fearlessly protective of their patch against other tribes. I have lived in the great rainforests here in Aus amongst the "Massive" spiders, I have had the most deadly snakes you could ever imagine in my house and around my property (normaly kill you in 30 mins or less). I have had crocodiles just at the end of my garden (river) and on my lawn, sometimes they would come into town (wet season). Giant lizards of all Varieties, some as long as you and me and would climb you in an instant and bite! My coast is swarming with great white sharks, you don't even go for a swim, because you WILL die (Seriously you will, don't even think about it). Most beaches have something that will get you, such as jelly fish (box jelly fish) normally kills you there and then by heart attack (nasty).

We also have wild Dingo's (dogs) who like to take a bite if you annoy them.

We have birds that are bigger than you and will disembowl you in a blink with their big claws.

The list is endless..................google it, it's called Australia.

And no one I know or have come across has a gun? And I have been out bush for most of it, so I do know first hand! So seriously, Guns for protecting yourself against a few pooches? C'mon guys, harden up.

No guns required.

BTW, This is not an argumentative response.

I just can't fathom why, when in their natural habitat you would just kill something because it was near you?

There would be nothing left if we did that here

edit on 7-1-2013 by CaptainBeno because: bit more

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

AMERICA IS STILL BETTER

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

reply to post by goou111

You know this was meant to irritate the anti gunners right? It was said in jest..

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

And no one I know or have come across has a gun? And I have been out bush for most of it, so I do know first hand! So seriously, Guns for protecting yourself against a few pooches? C'mon guys, harden up.

No guns required.
I just can't fathom why, when in their natural habitat you would just kill something because it was near you?

A chance of having to deal with a rabid animal is one, of many, reasons why every house should have a gun. (like the situation with the bobcat)

In Australia you have not had to deal with that though, because rabies has not been active in your country. Just hope they never have an outbreak of rabies there. With no weapons to put down the infected on sight. With all the wild dogs you have. And with the fact that the Australian animal population hasn’t been decimated with any outbreaks. It would be a living hell.

www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/health-experts-say-australia-must-brace-for-rabies-arrival-from-indonesia/story-e6frg8y6-1226235103495

EXPERTS battling a rabies epidemic in Bali are warning Australians to brace for the arrival of the disease.

Rabies is island-hopping towards Australia through the Indonesian archipelago and is about 600km north of Darwin on the island of Pulau Larat, where it killed 19 people in 2010.

Just think of a zombie apocalypse, but with wild animals instead.

As the old saying goes.
Just because you can get away with doing something stupid, doesn’t mean you should.
And it doesn’t mean you will always get away with it, without suffering the consequences when the inevitable happens.

Just because you can get away with not having a gun most of the time, doesn’t mean you will not suffer the consequences when you do need a gun, and don’t have it.

Like a fire extinguisher. Is a building that has fire extinguisher planning on having a fire? No, but they have then just in case they do.

Will a building get away with not having extinguishers? 99.9% of the time, YES. But when you have a fire, and don’t have one, that is when you pay the price.

I sincerely hope you people don’t have to pay the price.

edit on 7-1-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'm surprised his injuries wern't worse than they were. He was very lucky. I know someone who has raised bobcats from kits and they are docile and just beautiful creatures, They even get along with their domestic cats but stay away from those wild ones! OW!

edit on 8-1-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join