It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Christianity monotheistic?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Same God, Old and New Testament. But you do not know Him, that is why you fall on some "interesting theories."

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm a Pagan and used to be a Christian. Now, if Christinaity is not monotheistic then what - it's polytheistic you think? I think not. So therefor, it's monotheistic considering the fact that the whole friggin book states there is only ONE God and only ONE you shall worship. Interesting that it doesn't say there aren't other ones, lol.

Satan, angels, demons = deities? As far as I know then deities = gods/goddesses. Satan, angels and demons are mythological creatures. Get your facts straight, boy.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by another_one

Weelll, Ja, comes from a guy who's Great Moment is to walk around Black Rock in Mecca.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SR

I checked up on Mithras. Pretty much all that has in common with God is that there was some faith based on it.

[edit on 2008/11/5 by J.Smit]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolet

Try again, girl. I have the dubious honour of satan physically having tried to kill me for leaving it and warning others against it. Deities are man-made objects/gods, made by people who do not know or do not want to accept the Truth and the One God: Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Get right with God. And not the RCC or Charismatics. a True faith based on God's Word.

As for satan and its devils (often wrongly called demons): they were angels that rebelled agains God and were cast out of heaven. Not gods. They merely pose as other gods, to get people away from God. YHWH. I AM.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The trinity means God the father, the Son Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit.

God the father sent his son Christ to earth in the flesh so humans could identify with him and recognize him. He looked no different than we did, although he was not human He was God.

When he was crucified dead and buried he descended into hell, came back to earth, and ascended into heaven. This is called the resurrection. Whosoever believes this receives the free eternal gift of life i.e. salvation.

When you become saved the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in you. Jesus, the son is the personal intercessor between you and God the Father. The Holy Spirit is the truth of who God is that allows for spiritual communication which is vital in order to have a personal relationship with God.

1 John 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

1 John 5:6-8 This is the one who came by water and blood-Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only(the baptism) but by water and blood(the crucifixion). And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.
For there are three that testify:the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

1John 5:6 This the one who

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by J.Smit
reply to post by Evolet

Try again, girl. I have the dubious honour of satan physically having tried to kill me for leaving it and warning others against it. Deities are man-made objects/gods, made by people who do not know or do not want to accept the Truth and the One God: Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Get right with God. And not the RCC or Charismatics. a True faith based on God's Word.

As for satan and its devils (often wrongly called demons): they were angels that rebelled agains God and were cast out of heaven. Not gods. They merely pose as other gods, to get people away from God. YHWH. I AM.

*sigh* Trust me, I understand why you think the way you do. I was once a Christian myself.

So blessed be.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Smit

This is Jesus giving clear indication that He is one with the Father and the Holy Ghost, and therefore "they" are one and the same God.
John was conveying the story of a vision that is not a literal happening but is spiritual in nature, with employment of symbolism.
The vision freely merged the representation of the person of Jesus with attributes of what he was the agent of, namely God.
This does not make Jesus God.
The Alpha and omega is an expression for eternity as being linear, that is at variance with the Greek way of expressing the same concept as a closed loop.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by mikromarius

You don't believe that Satan is literally a snake, do you?

Yes, or actually, a serpent that could mean some kind of reptilian.
I imagine the Book of Genesis was compiled and standardized in Babylon.
The Jews would have found themselves confronted by the Sumerian Creation Myth that holds that a serpent created the world.
So, to counteract that foreign concept of God, they made it a clear distinction between their God and the Babylonian god.

Nice post as allways, it is also intersting to note that the serpent was a symbol of wisdom/knowledge.I would agree it would appear that the jews would have probably taken on the Sumerian creation myth as they didnt appear to have one of their own.

Moses it would seem, had aquainted himself with a mountain god El Shaddai a mesopatamian deity one of many gods.

El Shaddai is quite clear when he/it commands "though shalt not worship any other god" clearly implying that there ARE other gods.

El Shaddai does not at any time indicate to Moses that he will turn himself into a human so it will be ok to worship a particular human not claiming to be a god.

Neither does El Shaddai indicate that he will be moving about the place as a ghost and so it will be ok at some point to worship some sort of emotional feeling called a ghost.

In fact as Moses was getting to know this new god he was instructed to build a box for El Shaddai to travel about in, where the box goes god goes.

Somehow this mountain god gets turned into three different identities, 3 totally different personalities with different names/titles and yet all are the same thing. DUH ??

Ok, I can go with water can be solid liquid or gas but is allways the same stuff in different form ie H2O. However, water does not insist that ice is greater than it, and water claims to create itself why would I cloud be needed?

It would appear that when the catholics invented the trinity they must have been trying to describe a very schitsophrenic deity.

It would appear that christians are so deep in their delusion, that they have somehow managed to crosswire the reasoning circuitry of their brain and can really understand the madness of the trinity.

Why can't christians and muslims all live in one place so we can know where they are and feel a little more assured that our children won't get infected by this supreme madness?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Ok, I can go with water can be solid liquid or gas but is allways the same stuff in different form ie H2O. However, water does not insist that ice is greater than it, and water claims to create itself why would I cloud be needed?
This is the worse way to explain the trinity because this one goes directly against the Bible. The Apostles had to fight with a few heresies and one of them was the idea that Jesus was not really human, like we are. If you are actually the Almighty God ruling and sustaining the Universe, and at the same time, there is someone looking like a person claiming the same thing for himself, there seems to be a problem. I believe that someone who likes the H2O analogy would, when pressed admit that they are the same person. If that is so, then the one on Earth is a hologram. I John 4:3 says, " And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

[edit on 5-11-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolet

No. You do not. I was a nominal christian (meaning, the average grew-up-in-a-christian-home-type). Then i became a self-proclaimed satanist, and later an attempted atheist.

When i made my peace with God (after some miracles), satan three times now, have tried to physically harm/kill me. But you serve it, though denying doing so, therefore your Mother Goddess is not going to let you enter the Summerland too soon.

Leave the witchcraft and be guaranteed of attempts on your life. satan is greedy. If it cannot have you, it sure is not going to stand by idly, waiting to see if God takes you back.

[edit on 2008/11/6 by J.Smit]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join