It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flesh Eating Parasites in Bolivia WARNING: DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

fair warning
but there goes my breakfast

edit on 8/1/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

I won't read the OP, because I know of an incident similar to this, that I just recently got out of my damn head...I don't need the pictures. Damn heebie-jeebies!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I wonder if botfly is the same as Mango-fly that we get here in Africa.Uuuuu-Huuugh..my fox terriers got it one year,the oldest(who has since passed on) had these tunnels going into her skin,well thats what it looked like.Our neighbour sqeezed these larvae or pupa-looking things out of the holes.Said one has to be careful how you take them out,luckily he had experience of that,so it saved an expensive trip to the vet.It was'nt a sight i care to see again.Nasty,just nasty.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

A conspiracy is born!! hahahaha

You may in fact be right.

Lets just hope that your not!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

I heard that clark zappers and other electronic devices (like TENS UNITS) can eliminate these infections.

Somebody suggest that spark generator piezo thingy could also be used.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Damnit....They were the same things....Thanks for putting that nasty image back into my memory >.> I could have gone the rest of my life, never seeing or hearing about these things again.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

I just caught the tail end of one of those science shows and they were talking about a particular species of bot fly that apparently loves to lay their eggs in fire ants... apparently some genius somewhere figured they would introduce another species to fight the other invasive one we introduced.

I'd rather have the fire ants personally, the idea of pulling maggots out of my skin from time to time is not my idea of effective erradication. Let's see, a box of borax, or subcutaneus maggots... hmmm.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Hygiene, people, hygiene. So rare you're more prone to dying in your car today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join