It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flesh Eating Parasites in Bolivia WARNING: DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It is a rare type of parasite that lives under the skin, eating it. The 'Bot Fly' as it is known lives off the host skin and then hatches into a hairy fly the size of a bumble bee. Not much fun really.

SYDNEY woman Ally Vagg and her boyfriend Bryan Williams are living a South American nightmare, stranded in Bolivia because they are infected with rare flesh-eating parasites that crawl out of their skin.

Source

But when the pair started to feel something squirming under their skin and occasionally poking its head out of some of the open wounds, the couple made the horrific discovery that they had human bot fly infection.

Oh sweety, I think you have a mosquito bite there on your back! OMG what's that? It's, it's a little worm eating it's way out of your skin.

Pretty gross really, but I guess if we are not careful we might end up with this kind of thing becoming more common. Sure hope not.

To make matters even more gross...

According to medical advice on the bot fly, up to 50 eggs could be living in each wound.

...and to make matters even more gross.....

After several attempts to extract the larvae at his accommodation, Mr Williams' friends finally pulled out three of the inch-long larvae.

So there you have it. You have been warned

- Stay away from places that you may indeed end up with this medical condition.

edit on 7-1-2013 by magma because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2013 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What's really awesome about the Bot Fly is they are realeasing them in the Southern US to fight Fire Ants, I guess they won't lay eggs in people cause we went though all the trouble of hauling them up here and hooking them up with a new ecosystem to unbalance...

Might be time to invest in a good pair of tweezers.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
That is some bad stuff!! Wonder if it has anything to do with the other thread about Bolivia? www.abovetopsecret.com...

A conspiracy is born!! hahahaha bet if the bugs are widely known the Bolivian tourism industry will take a hit!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You've been warned.....pretty gross.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
What's really awesome about the Bot Fly is they are realeasing them in the Southern US to fight Fire Ants, I guess they won't lay eggs in people cause we went though all the trouble of hauling them up here and hooking them up with a new ecosystem to unbalance...

We never learn.....do we.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
omg this is the stuff of nightmares and due to having had nightmares along these lines I only read a bit and didn't watch the video in case I have more.
Hard to believe that they are the only solution to fire ants and are spreading them all over.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Nature is interesting, often intriguing.

In comparison, I'm squeamish about the feasibility of untreatable, possibly engineered SUPERbugs like MRSA, immune Tuberculosis, Prions, and Morgellons the later which may be raining down upon us in various dispersal/infection routes:

transhumanism, eugenics, mind control.. we all may be infected (past,present,future) with untreatable parasites!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Lots of encounters with Bot Flies when I was a kid growing up on cattle ranches. Cattle had plenty of trouble with the flies some years, as the larve seem to always burrow in near the tail root during hot summers. The animal would show pain and discomfort right up until the infection damaged nerves. That was always the worst of it, as my dad and I would "doctor" the cows that actually showed an abcess when they were slavering from the mouth due to pain. Antibotics seemed to always pull them out once we started to shoot them IM in the hip.

The ones that acted fine were the worse tho - suddenly down, blood obviously infected, can't eat and refuse to drink. Nearly crazy with head tossing and rolling until they were too weak to get up at all. Used to find them down and dead or almost dead on the "upper pastures", where they were hard to see even once a month.

I had one get me in the left armpit; thought it was a tick bite. Got infected after about two days of hurting, ended up on IV penicillin for 3 days and it felt like the worst overall muscle pain ever. Spose I was lucky given the poor medical care in the 60's in rural America. Still have a small scar where he/she got me.

Always ponder how we survive those years between age 7 and age 19 - espcially out in BFE like I was...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Are Bot Fly Larvae dangerous to humans in large enough numbers under the skin? It sounds similar to ring worm that you can get in ireland and england. You get it from leaning against gates and it comes up in an angry red cricle under the skin. To physically remove it is pointless as it grows back and can cause infection so you have to take medication.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

In the Great White North we call these little critters" Eskimo Candy"
We look for some bot crazed cariboo and shoot it to dig the succulent bots out of its hide and suck them down like oysters on the half shell

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

You know that these exist in North America too right? They are just less likely to get into humans because the South American cousins are laid on the skin or picked up somewhere, the ones in N.A. are ingested and actually dig their way through the body to the surface. They leave tunnels in the meat that fill with stuff butchers call butcher jelly.

This is nothing. Look up mango worms in a dog.
In Africa they get so infested with them that dogs will have hundreds of them and 10 or 20 will pop out at once.

I have hated the idea of subcutaneous since I saw one of these botflies in a kittens neck when I was a little kid. It's disgusting.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Also.. you need to do some research. It is not a rare parasite at all. It's actually extremely common and there are species in pretty much every country in the world.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Also.. you need to do some research. It is not a rare parasite at all. It's actually extremely common and there are species in pretty much every country in the world.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by magma

So how often do they enter human flesh and start eating it out? If it is that extremely common why did these people have such a hard time with them?

Surely that is not so common. maybe in animals yes, but humans......

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Just mind boggled that none of them decided to use any gloves when removing the Bot Fly, like do they not see it embedded into this guys skin? So, they don't think it's going to be embedded into their skin after it's removed? Think people......

That was pretty gross.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
All you need to do is cover the affected area with vaseline.
The bot fly suffocates and you can pull it out very easy.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The ex old lady used to get me to shoot the poor little chippy munks which had these huge bots growing on them.....they looked miserable.....
But i refused to shoot my pet chipmunk and lo and behold he showed no ill effects after the bot left......just a scar where it left from.....
So there are some animals that suvive this.....wether they survive many multiple infections welll...?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I live in the south and have only heard of mosquitos being released to cull some etimology under lord. Now it is the Bot Fly? Or are there 2 science projects in the works?

There was also the young lady who fell into a river on a zip line rig. She ended up with MRSA (called flesh eating disease as well in the MSM.) She has lost all of her limbs, or had large amputations. Furthermore, we have a lot of man made lakes throughout GA so whether it be a fly or squito....the temperature and environment will most likely fuel a mass influx of the NEW superbug to flourish.

I am also wondering if this is the beginning to be a tale of 1 mean virus being released or spread in various arenas to quantify maximum culling of some kind.

Bolivia is all up in arms with the US' gang called the DEA; demanding they sease "meddling' in their narco-war.The are presenting massive evidence to potus admin and drawing a lline of some sort. Not business as usual, the action could display a jacked up bio mitch slap for the new boss, the same as the old boss.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Very glad that I don't live anywhere near there. I think the idea of these things eating there way out of my flesh is beyond terrible.

How can introducing these things bew of benefit?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

It is absolutely common in humans. It's actually extremely common in humans. Just look don't ask me.
I don't know why they had a hard time? Not doctors? Squeemish? You have to cover it up for a few days so it can't breath and dies, then you pull it out. If it's alive it holds on inside and is harder to pull out.

There are only about a million videos of people with them on youtube, people that live there and near the forest get them regularly.

I am shocked you hadn't heard of them before.
edit on 8-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join