It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destroy the planet????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I was riding home today listening to WTOP here in D.C. I was only half listening but this person says we are going to destroy the planet.

I looked at the radio at first in disbelief then started laughing my rear end off.

DESTROY the planet?? How vain. The planet has been here for a couple billion years and this guy thinks humans are destroying the planet.

I am willing to bet the human race will be gone before we "destroy" the planet.

Destroy the planet??? LMAO

E_T

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Like I have said many times, there seems to be lot of people with hallusinations of human being all-powerful.

"You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public."
-Scott Adams

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
When man eventually dies, the Earth will shake us off like a bad case of fleas....

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The only ways to destroy the planet is: black hole, collision with a large planetary body, sun going nova, death star, or God realising the whole of creation was just one big mistake...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Thats hard to do, somebodys been taking to much of something.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Maybe destroy(ing) the planet, which I would tend to agee with. We certainly don't recpect it the way it deserves that is certain.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I've heard someone complain about similiar complaints years ago. The main complaint was that some people say we are going to destroy the planet when in fact they actually mean the biosphere. We can easily mess up a majority of the plant and animal life on the surface of the planet which makes up our biosphere but we aren't easily going to blow up the whole planet.

I suppose if you believe a few oil miners can go up in a space shuttle and land on a comet and nuke it so it misses the Earth at the last second, then you might believe that we will blow up the planet.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
*Watch what you say, Dick Cheney is Darth Vader, he knows where the death star is, the "ultimate WMD".

*I'm AlabamaCajun and I endorse this message only as a joke!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
LOL I will remember that next time I drive through lovely Phenix City and Dothan on my way to Destin FL. They probably hide the WMD in one of the two!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
the sun is not big enough to go nova (supernova i assume u mean) it will however swell up at the end of its life to its red giant phase, at this point the earth will be engulfed in the sun coronasphere and burn to a cinder

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_a_pilot
LOL I will remember that next time I drive through lovely Phenix City and Dothan on my way to Destin FL. They probably hide the WMD in one of the two!

Close, cross the hoochy into GA, head up to Warm Springs, we hid-em under Teddy's BBQ pit.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Maybe destroy(ing) the planet, which I would tend to agee with. We certainly don't recpect it the way it deserves that is certain.

we certainly dont,just a little bit more effort from everyone and in a short space of time we could make some decent changes.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_a_pilot
I am willing to bet the human race will be gone before we "destroy" the planet.
Destroy the planet??? LMAO

Depends on what you mean by destroy the planet?

A couple of nukes in the North and South Poles would pretty much destroy the earth for the majority of humans.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Destroy the planet?
Doesn't sound like a bad Idea...

*begin phase one*

E_T

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
A couple of nukes in the North and South Poles would pretty much destroy the earth for the majority of humans.
Well, human is just pretty much most unnatural thing on earth.

So I don't see how extinction of mankind would destroy earth.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by E_T
So I don't see how extinction of mankind would destroy earth.

That's not what i ment, i ment it would destroy their version of Earth

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Exactly, their version of Earth. I get pretty darn tired of the people crying about the stupid spotted owl. I could care less about some 8 footed newt that lives in a freekin hole in the middle of nowhere. Now I read people want to give animals ( pets ) rights! WTF! Since when did some animal become more importaint than a mass of humans? Lets stop all logging and put these folks out of work because of a beetle that lives in the bark of one damn tree in the middle of a forrest. Shheeesh there are more trees in the U.S. now than when we started the country! Clear cut em. Pave the bay. Give me my Hummer and my Vette! Oh but then some tree hugger goes and burns up a car lot full of SUV's. THAT is BRILLIANT. Lets just put a bizillion more pollutants in the air than if you would let the dude drive it for 20 years! Man, these people are about as sharp as the leading edge of a bowling ball!

new topics

top topics

join