It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons inside our banks? PHOTO EVIDENCE

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

reply to post by Fitzgibbon

Fitzgibbon
Oh! I see! So we're our own little closed fiscal black hole, spending only with other Masons! Riiiight!

Guess we don't pay taxes, heat our homes from the local utility, buy anything whatsoever from retail chains. Oh! I geddit! In your world, Masons own EVERYTHING!

haha

not what i said..and you know it

Tell me how your point made here differs in any meaningful manner

reply to post by thePharaoh

the "brotherhood" circulate money amongst themselves

spending only amongst themselves (brother buys from brother...all types of goods).....

i`l ony go as far as saying they own the industry.

stateless bankers in public sector banks.....in fact any bank

peace

I love it when the collective, all-inclusive "they" is trotted-out as if it's meaningful let alone accurate. It's a lovely, no-thinking-required shortcut to easy demonisation.

Fitz

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Afterthought
Bringing things up that I've stated in other threads is a low blow.

This thread does not exist in a vacuum. Things you say in other threads influence people's opinions in different threads.

If this is how you'd like to play, please be prepared to quote me and link to the thread that contains these comments.

You have made enough snotty and smarmy comments in this thread, why did deeper?

edit on 10-1-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

You stated I've made "outrageous" claims. Like what?
I'm sure that those who reported Jimmy SoVILE (another "charitable" person) as a paedo were also told they were making outrageous claims.
I'm not saying that the US Masons are or are not involved in a cover up like we see in the UK, but there's nothing wrong with demanding a bit more scutiny in what's going on. We have seen in the past how criminals are protected by those they are in close association with and I'll be damned if I'm going to just believe something because it's what a collective expects me to believe and not ask questions.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

lol...your funny...for the spirit of convo..

ok i wont use "they"

i`l say instead

a group of covanent stateless individuals....whos strict networking principles....is comprimising their own, pus the wider industry.
individuals who act on their own accord...within "the Order" , or out of...in public positions...for their own good

needs to be readdressed

thepharaoh shall provide the guidance....

to keep it relevant here
there is only ONE pool of money/wealth...some of the excessive flagrant abuse within a limited system...will eventually peak its ugly head....

but the pharaoh is here

heade padawan lol

peace
edit on 10-1-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I was just asking the same question of you that you asked of us. I mean, I could ask you not to do any renovations on your house/dwelling and send all monies to cancer stricken victims.

Second, I'm aware that Masons also help burn victims.

That's just the Shriners. There are many other Masonic charities.

Regarding my choice of charitable contribution, step off. At least I'm doing something to help. If you don't believe animals need help, I feel bad for you.

There is nothing wrong with what you do, but I was just being a smart-ass. I love dogs and one of my last ones I got from the pound. One of the friendliest Yellow Labs I ever met...the only turn down was even though he was a big dog he thought he was a lap dog.

It is my choice to donate to whatever cause I feel is important as well as what area I'm best in to assist. Just as Masons have stated that they have every right to decide who to help, so do I.

That's always been my point.

Bringing animals to see sick kids has been proven to be very beneficial to their recovery, so maybe Masons should look into this as well.

That's not a bad idea. I wonder if the Shriner's Children's Hospitals could such a program. Not a bad idea for Lodge participation either.

Throwing money at a cause is only one way of helping, but it's also the laziest.

Two of the charities (Cryptic Masons and Knights Templar) I'm involved with does strictly research, but a lot of good has come from it. One of the Lodges I'm a member of adopts a family during the holidays and we provide, food, presents, and basically anything they need help with.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Very nice find, Halifax is where the Phoenix Tears was rediscovered.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I'm sure that those who reported Jimmy SoVILE (another "charitable" person) as a paedo were also told they were making outrageous claims.
I'm not saying that the US Masons are or are not involved in a cover up like we see in the UK...

This is exactly what I am talking about. It was shown time after time to everyone that he was not a Mason but here you are bringing up his name in the same sentence about Masons and coverups.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

For starters, I've been asking questions and conversing in a mature fashion. I expect the same.

So it's "immature" to say that your outrage based on limited information was presumptuous?

Just as Masons have stated that they have every right to decide who to help, so do I.

But if a lodge decides (or is told) that funds are needed to make needed building changes, it's immoral.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Like that Masonic lodges are rolling in dough.

Yeah, totally relevant.

I'm not saying that the US Masons are or are not involved in a cover up like we see in the UK

Like you presume is in the UK. Exactly nothing has been proven, or even all that strongly evidenced.

but there's nothing wrong with demanding a bit more scutiny in what's going on

We have seen in the past how criminals are protected by those they are in close association with and I'll be damned if I'm going to just believe something because it's what a collective expects me to believe and not ask questions.

Throwing around accusations is not "asking questions" in any legitimate, productive sense. On page four of this thread, you were given a link to the IRS form whereby you can receive the tax returns of any lodge you so choose. If you're so adamant about not believing anything we say, how about doing one iota of the legwork?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Freemasonry has been in decline for decades. There is neither money or power in Freemasonry.

And yet, if you ask people about Freemasonry, 99% will associate it with money and power. Thats what I call good PR.

edit on 11-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Yes, there were stipulations that the money be used to renovate, specifically, the lodge room. The building was constructed in (if I remember right) 1935. They had to redo ALL of the electrical, hvac, plumbing, whole nine yards. And since they were tearing up walls and floors, they rebuilt most of the building.

$2million honestly isn't a lot of money anymore in many cases.

Most lodges rent their building out at very cheap rates. After I paid a few thousand to rent a venue for my wedding *facepalm* I asked how much we rent our ballroom for.. $300. *facepalm* Ohh well, what can you do.

Also lodges don't share funds, even when they share a building. In most states there is a separate board that oversees building maintenance (and often rentals) that each lodge (grudgingly) pay into.

You should join just to watch the spectacular fun of watching the TMB fight the lodge over who's poorer and who should pay for what.

I'm just kidding, it's really lame.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
And damnit I'm sick of seeing/hearing "well if you have any money at all you should be giving it away or else you're immoral corrupt devil worshiping asshats."

As a Mason myself and my Masonic brothers give and work quite a lot with charities of various kinds. The last time someone said a variation of the above I simply asked "what do you do?" .. nada, nothing. And we certainly wouldn't be doing anyone any good if we went bankrupt.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Yes, there were stipulations that the money be used to renovate, specifically, the lodge room. The building was constructed in (if I remember right) 1935. They had to redo ALL of the electrical, hvac, plumbing, whole nine yards. And since they were tearing up walls and floors, they rebuilt most of the building.

$2million honestly isn't a lot of money anymore in many cases.

I figured it might be something like that. It's often cheaper to just level and rebuild but if your temple has a historic designation, that option's off the table. My lodge's temple building received a bequest from a brethren who'd passed to the GLA and it was specifically to make the temple wheelchair accessible. Because of the layout of the building and its historic designation, despite considering many different configurations we weren't able to come up with one that wouldn't fall afoul of something and we ended up returning the bequest to the brother's Estate.

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Most lodges rent their building out at very cheap rates. After I paid a few thousand to rent a venue for my wedding *facepalm* I asked how much we rent our ballroom for.. $300. *facepalm* Ohh well, what can you do.

Also lodges don't share funds, even when they share a building. In most states there is a separate board that oversees building maintenance (and often rentals) that each lodge (grudgingly) pay into.

You should join just to watch the spectacular fun of watching the TMB fight the lodge over who's poorer and who should pay for what.

I'm just kidding, it's really lame.

I'm on our temple board too as is our lodge's treasurer. By temperment and inclination, he's a frugal man with a Loonie and it's a treat watching him shift fiscal gears between lodge meetings and temple board meetings.

Fitz

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I am a Mason and I mainly support animal causes . I will throw in what ever is in my wallet when we pass the hat in lodge to help a family or person in need (Masonic/non-Masonic , either way ) , but almost all of my charitable efforts go to animal causes . ASPCA , Humane Society , a couple of local no-kill shelters/pet adoption groups who go to local pounds and save good animals from being destroyed , etc; etc; .

Funny thing is , on this forum though , I will/would be attacked for the causes I choose by antis because as a Mason I am not giving all my charity to humans , I am not throwing all my money at cancer cures , burn centers , etc; etc; . I will help anyone in need , more so for children . But my priorities are for those living creatures who have no voice at all , who have very few laws protecting them (and the laws that do protect them are almost never enforced in my area ) and can be put down without a thought .But many antis will say "look at this Mason , he does not even support human charities . Shows how much he cares !!!"

edit on 11-1-2013 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by whenandwhere

Thank you for your honest and thoughtful response. Also, I thank you for helping animals.
You also illustrate how group think can affect how a person chooses their actions and behaviors. I'm happy to hear that you aren't one who can be persuaded by what the group believes or chastises you for.
____________________________________________________________________________________
To those stating that there is absolutely no Masonic connections to Savile, the investigation is not done yet.
An article published today lists all of the hospitals, care centers, mental wards, and hospices that he was involved with.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Like we see in the Op with the symbols seen on/in the financial institutions, I'd be interested to know if these institutions contained Masonic symbols as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Like we see in the Op with the symbols seen on/in the financial institutions, I'd be interested to know if these institutions contained Masonic symbols as well.
What would it prove if any of them did?

What would it prove if some of them did and some of them didn't?

And finally, what would it prove if none of them did?

I think the answer to all three questions is a resounding "Nothing."

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

reply to post by whenandwhere

To those stating that there is absolutely no Masonic connections to Savile, the investigation is not done yet.
An article published today lists all of the hospitals, care centers, mental wards, and hospices that he was involved with.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Oh FFS!

Is there any conceived link too tenuous that someone won't glom onto in a limpet-like fashion insisting it 'proves' the negative and nefarious link desired?

Honestly! It'd be funny if it weren't so sad

Fitz

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I am sure if I searched hard enough, I could find a way to hate you for your ties to Nazi Germany. Sure, it might be some 4th generation cousin of a cousin, but the link would be there just the same. Point being, if you look hard enough, chances are you will find a way to link just about anything. Even if it makes no common sense at all. So since you are turning over this new leaf and deciding to communicate politely, I would ask, very politely, that you exercise just a bit of common sense when throwing the term "Masonry" around with Saville and the like. You wouldn't want your family trashed over a lie, and remarkably, we wouldn't either.

Please have a super day!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Please go through every single post I've ever made on a thread about the Masons and locate a post where I state that I hate Masons.
You won't find one.
You're confusing suspicion and wariness with hate.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

What would it prove if any of them did?

What would it prove if some of them did and some of them didn't?

And finally, what would it prove if none of them did?

I think the answer to all three questions is a resounding "Nothing."

Please allow me to pose a situation.
If there are a bunch of crimes and missing persons occurring on a street tagged with a gang symbols, should the officials simply assume that the ones placing their symbols upon this area have nothing to do with the crimes or possess no knowledge of the crimes?
Of course not. It would be unprofessional and negligent of the authorities to fail to question these individuals. Also, it would be ignorant for the taggers to be offended that the officials are asking them questions about their involvement and knowledge of the crimes in the area.
If a Masonic lodge is closely associated with an institution and wants their symbols everywhere, I'm forced to believe that they are communicating their deep involvement and knowledge of the activities of the institution.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by network dude

You're confusing suspicion and wariness with hate.

Whence comes the suspicion and wariness?? Such things don't typically spring from the ether unbidden and in my experience hate's typically a kissing cousin to the aforementioned.

Fitz

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join