It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens on the internet on December 21st 2012?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I did a text search for 'aliens' on Dec 21st on Twitter, and noticed a lot of traffic. Today I went back and looked at the stats and thought I'd post this graph. It seems that the word 'aliens' is generally used about 20 thousand times a day on average on twitter - but on the 21st, the word received a whopping 52 thousand mentions! Given that aliens don't necessarily have anything to do with the Mayan calendar, I'm not sure what this says.

You can perform a search around the 21st here: topsy.com...

topsy.com/s/aliens/tweet?maxtime=1356163200&mintime=1356033600

I think I'm ok to post these, since they are public:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Very misleading thread title you got there

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Pop-culture rears it's ugly head through one of people's outlets. Nothing more.
edit on 7-1-2013 by SpaceCowboy78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Given that aliens don't necessarily have anything to do with the Mayan calendar, I'm not sure what this says.

I am !!
Desperate hope it says

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Did you expect there to be actual aliens on the internet? As far as I'm aware, the only place aliens are proven to exist is in human psychology. So I thought this was an interesting insight/survey of what the average person is thinking about the subject. *shrug*

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Given that aliens don't necessarily have anything to do with the Mayan calendar, I'm not sure what this says.

It says that people are gullible and will follow the herd , I remember many "theories" linking Aliens to 21/12/12 so am unsurprised at your findings .

With any luck, the world hasn’t ended – as some believe the Mayans predicted for today – and aliens haven’t emerged from space ships inside a French mountain to beam locals to safety.
Mayan apocalypse 21/12/12

edit on 7-1-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Of course I did what else would I be on a conspiracy site for? Are you expecting normal stories on here?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by yampa

Of course I did what else would I be on a conspiracy site for? Are you expecting normal stories on here?

I think it shows that regular people, the type who would not go on a conspiracy forum, are also thinking about aliens. I also saw several genuine ufo reports in that feed. People will tweet things that they wouldn't go on a forum to write about. Anyway, I just wanted to show the graph!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I blame it on history channels Ancient Aliens lol. Although i do love that show myself!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by misse2miss

UFO Hunters was cancelled.
Dulce Episode was just too good.
Underground base is on the border of Colorado and New Mexico.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by yampa

Did you expect there to be actual aliens on the internet? As far as I'm aware, the only place aliens are proven to exist is in human psychology. So I thought this was an interesting insight/survey of what the average person is thinking about the subject. *shrug*

Aliens are proven to exist everywhere, I take it you mean extra terrestrial when you say alien.

All it shows is that 1000s upon 1000s of people are ignorant with the language they use to communicate with,

many fine examples, just search UFO here on ATS and see all the interpretations people have for this when there is one meaning to the term.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Pretty awesome op, should've been an awesome thread, but maybe it was just a busy day...

Is that Giorgio Tsoukalous's real Twitter account?? If so, nice catch!

I don't have Twitter and I didn't know you could do this with Twitter. I could think of some words I'd like to look up, but its probably for members only....

new topics

top topics

join