It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven On Earth if You Ask Me...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Check out this guys farm on the side of a mountain in Austria. Simply Amazing in high altitude what they grow and do with permaculture he developed himself over 40 years and makes a good living too with no subsidies no fertilizers or chemicals etc... It's heaven on earth of you ask me.

They work with nature and make little micro climates using rocks raised beds (not like what you think) terracing water and ponds etc... It's amazing! They donl't use fertilizer or chemicals at all allowing then to grow things at altitude that supposedly will not grow in those altitudes. And they don't use green houses either.

They produce all their own electricity too with run off and from their ponds. Wow what a great example of what can be done! This is the Future!

www.youtube.com...

Wow this guy uses rocks to heat his fish ponds with the sun this is amazing what he is doing we can all learn from him. He is even growing Lemons at altitude with no greenhouse... It doesn't give details on the lemons so I have to find out how he is doing it. But he says terracing and rocks and raised beds (not like what we do) create micro climates and more heat etc...

This is how all farming should be! I am hooked. Need to study this more...

www.youtube.com...

Warning:

If you have any dreams or aspiration of living a self sufficient life style you will be hooked!

edit on 7-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Pretty cool but be careful with your title, youll have the atheists show up and turn it into a religous debate

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Pretty cool but be careful with your title, youll have the atheists show up and turn it into a religous debate

Naw what this guy is doing is universal and crosses all lines. People from all walks of life can appreciate the amazing things he is doing!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I was kidding.. you know "Heaven?" oh, nvm

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
"Create natural cycles and Nature will work for you"

Brilliant!, a place I would love to visit, and a subject I am very interested in also.
Sometimes going back to basics first is very beneficial.

Thanks op

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by hawkiye

I was kidding.. you know "Heaven?" oh, nvm

Yeah I know you were kidding but it was a good excuse to plug the farm again

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
More Sepp Holzer wisdom! Raised bed gardens and orchards with no irrigation
needed. This is Awesome!

www.richsoil.com...

This can be done in your backyard too. Imagine a garden you don't have to water
or weed? Wow!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for the richsoil link! I have so many downed trees in the woods that are no good for firewood anymore that this is a perfect use for them!

I wish I could watch the video, my connection just doesn't cooperate, but I love the pump and trough combo on the first frame. I can only imagine what the rest of his place looks like!
There are so many wonderful ways to produce our own healthy food, thanks for highlighting a couple.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Amazing and inspirational video. Tomorrow is a good day to go out and be in my gardens.

I love how he incorporated the rocks into the techniques.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by hawkiye

Amazing and inspirational video. Tomorrow is a good day to go out and be in my gardens.

I love how he incorporated the rocks into the techniques.

Yeah his place is amazing! He reminds me of my late grandfather who could grow anything. This guy is light years ahead of the pack this is the future IMO!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Well you know I discovered some of the things he brings up in the video last year during the heatwaves here in the midwest. I actually found that by leaving some of the weeds around my plants that they worked together to keep both alive. People told me to pull those weeds but I did not on instinct. Everything around the area was weed free, so what I am saying is just around the plants did I keep the weeds, I watered both and it worked out. I went against everything I have been taught and it worked out. Nature. She will guide us if we listen.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Well you know I discovered some of the things he brings up in the video last year during the heatwaves here in the midwest. I actually found that by leaving some of the weeds around my plants that they worked together to keep both alive. People told me to pull those weeds but I did not on instinct. Everything around the area was weed free, so what I am saying is just around the plants did I keep the weeds, I watered both and it worked out. I went against everything I have been taught and it worked out. Nature. She will guide us if we listen.

That is cool I have done that for years too. Also when ever i pull weeds at all i just leave them where they fall for mulch. I also made some raised bed planters with Rocks and Have some fruit trees the people told me would not do well and they have done great... Now I know why the Rocks have added the extra heat they needed...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It looks LOL lazy, but really it can work out. If God protects the birds in the sky, why then not I... Trust and tune into what God/nature is gifting to us each day.

I am not saying it all comes easy, you have to make as many mistakes possible before you can find the truth in nature/gardening.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

It looks LOL lazy, but really it can work out. If God protects the birds in the sky, why then not I... Trust and tune into what God/nature is gifting to us each day.

I am not saying it all comes easy, you have to make as many mistakes possible before you can find the truth in nature/gardening.

I do a little weeding here and there if certain weeds get to pervasive but I also mix ground covers and ornamental plants and flowers with my veggies so they keep the weeds down and the garden looking nice but more natural.

Here is a partial shot of a couple years ago:

edit on 10-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Shoot! i can only star that post once!

What a slice of heaven! Your plants look so well tended, you my friend have a natural ability and a very very green thumb. Wish you were close by so I could keep inspired. gardening is a lifelong teacher.

Keep up the divine work as it has never been more important, your garden looks like a prayer.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Shoot! i can only star that post once!

What a slice of heaven! Your plants look so well tended, you my friend have a natural ability and a very very green thumb. Wish you were close by so I could keep inspired. gardening is a lifelong teacher.

Keep up the divine work as it has never been more important, your garden looks like a prayer.

Thanks! I try buy am limited in my space. I want to do so much more and am working toward that goal. This thread has gotten lots of flags and stars but I hoped it would get a lot more discussion.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Well you inspired me yesterday went out and planted a little ahead of the snow and marked it off, also went out and took inventory of the green house and did a boat load of pulling weeds, raking and clean up. I am so excited about how to proceed toward spring. Am pre-planning to grow no matter what may come.

I will try and get some pictures for you later.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Oh one more thing about limited space, it can actually yield more. I have seen where people are growing upwards. Pretty cool stuff really and it does not take much room or space. Have you seen those wall gardens? They take either professional or whats on hand and put pockets on for instance an old sheet and then plant inside those pockets, very cool and really quite artistic. Anyway going to try and get a few pictures for your thread.

One thing about gardening is that it is a 365 day project, there is always something you can be doing.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ok ran out and took just a couple pics, the camera battery was low, I will do some more at some other point, but you can see how even during this ice/snow event that is upon us that we are pretty much good to go on food and the gardens are ready for stuff to come up in the spring.

Trying this one for the green house, it is a partial picture of the veggies in full bloom. Cabbages, Carrots, beets, broccoli and greens:

Having trouble getting pics to ATS, something awry with sizing...

testing 123...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here is a picture of the sleeping gardens, or the 'main gardens'. oops, not this is the picture of the area where i just let all the turnips and parsnips go, you can see a few fruit trees as well.

I have to show you a picture of a "Pasnipturkey" I I cooked at Thanksgiving for my Vegetarian son, it was as big as a turkey! We called it a parsnurkey!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join