It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would this interest anyone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hey,

I am a very avid gamer and always have been. One of my hobbies is to write game reviews for games old and new but i have yet too find an audience.

I sometimes write reviews for old school PS2 classics or new games such as Halo 4 i try to vary it alot to cover all bases.

If i was to post them here would anyone read them ?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

If i was to post them here would anyone read them ?

Sure... Gaming is my second love.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'd read them. I find I don't have the time to play games any more (yet I seem to have ample time to post venomous retorts on the internet
) and I'd love to hear some unbiased reviews of what's worth a play and what's not. I'm still playing New Vegas, but I've exhausted it so I'd love to hear what you recommend for someone with a lot of dedication but no free time.

I'd also love to hear some alternative opinions of old classics I played in my youth.

Protip: don't post anything you want to use on your CV for OXM/GM etc, they will google it, and if they find ATS, the likelihood is that they will discount your application.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Dispo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I certainly would if they were well written and unbiased outside the true opinion of the game on it's merits (or lack of them). Especially if the reviews told it straight and weren't trying to curry favor and points with game companies for freebie test copies or something. Absolutely! I'll bet others would be interested too...Older stuff works just as well. It might spur me to try one I never got around to or at least smile with memory of one I lost hours to in the past.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

Im allready got my oldschool reviews covered by the angry video nerd
cinemassacre.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopie

Do it. Do it now.

Yeah I'd read them. Question is, would your reviews be mired in peoples opposing view of the game being highlighted, thereby turning into arguments in short order?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

I don't know that's what i'm worried about i don't want arguments to start because of my reviews because they are only my opinion.

Also i am by no means some literary genius so they may not be everyones cup of tea lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'd have a look.
If you have any written up already just post it so we can see what it's like.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2013 by Rikku because: my bad, i cant read. sorry.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I would take a look.....my interest's mean I would probably be more interested in review's of the oldschool side of gaming but I would still be interested in current title's as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Heya Snoopie... I'm really curious and interested as I've thought about this more. I mean, original content and completely without outside sourcing type original would be a joy to read occasionally. So, if I might make a suggestion that could be a start?

Consider the game you know, love and could write about best without having to put any real effort into it..and whip something up as a quick sample of what you have in mind? I think the idea could really take hold as a little niche for threads to write if it presents well.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Heya Snoopie... I'm really curious and interested as I've thought about this more. I mean, original content and completely without outside sourcing type original would be a joy to read occasionally. So, if I might make a suggestion that could be a start?

I would agree that originality would be a welcome concept.

new topics

top topics

join