It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The saddest graph you'll see today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucas73

I went through a close call last summer with that situation. My son took out a fellow student whos parents threatened statutory rape because he was 2 hours getting her home... imo she was the fluzy after my son...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

Actually, they have.

Originally posted by cybro
And you believe this to be true?

Originally posted by cybro
keep drinking that feminist Kool-Aid.

Implies that the stats are false or misleading.

There is no way to tell how many of the "reported" but didn't go to trial were falsely accused. And logically there is never a good way to determine how many were unreported, by definition they are unreported. Not to mention how many of the "unreported" would end up being "falsely accused".
edit on 7-1-2013 by xedocodex
because: (no reason given)

Again, saying the statisticians are incorrect with no evidence to back it up. Basically its "I dont understand how they got these facts so they must be false".

Originally posted by Bixxi3
Im getting sick of the women who watch to much news and Dr. phil and just think everyone out there is trying to take advantage of them, and they just absolutely hate men.

Victim blaming, women are just man haters etc.

edit on 7/1/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucas73

Then there are all the statutory "rapes" when a girl's parents report her 1 or 2 year older boyfriend for having sex with their daughter, even though it isn't rape, and he ends up as a registered sex offender for the rest of his life.

This happens so often. Not to mention the sociopathic qualities I have seen in many underage girls. Many of them use sex as a weapon, they will purposefully seduce older men, then use their age as a means for blackmail and coercion.

It is disgusting, and our culture breeds such nonsense.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

I think you just read things and then make up what you want them to say.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

And yet to see a graph with the victims being avenged... it would probably be all arrests. What ever happened to good old roadside justice when someone rapes another?

Most legal systems require proof that an offense took place and just hanging people because someone said they got raped could cause more problems than it solved

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

So nobody is arguing these stats are incorrect?

Nobody said its feminist cool-aid?

Nobody said women are just man haters?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

I've already proved the stats are made up, what more do you want?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

This is what we were talking about

What made me really sad was the reaction of ATS members.

"Statisticians have no idea what they are doing, I know stats better than the experts"

"Blame women, its their fault, they are always trying to falsely accuse us"

Nobody said any of that.
But you do seem hung up on the statistics thing. Tell me, how does not come up with an accurate number of non-reported crimes???

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucas73
Then there are all the statutory "rapes" when a girl's parents report her 1 or 2 year older boyfriend for having sex with their daughter, even though it isn't rape, and he ends up as a registered sex offender for the rest of his life.

Then there are ......

Will you agree that rape does happen, that it often goes unreported or prosecuted, and that it does ruin lives?

Just because the justice system is broken does not invalidate the truth that there are animals out there who prey on those who are weaker or defenseless. Most perps won't stop at one rape so it doesn't take many of them to rack up one he!! of a lot of victims.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

People are arguing that a graph doesn't show the whole story.

Why did some of those that were reported never brought to trial?

What evidence do we have that the unreported cases were in fact rape?

I'm sorry I am not responding emotionally to the word "rape" like you are...I prefer to stick with logic.

We are still of the philosophy of "innocent until proven guilty", even with the ugly disgusting crime of rape.
edit on 7-1-2013 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

A good scientist will need to prove that their data is correct and that is done via basic challenging and verification of the data so where is the sources of the data and its verification? you wish to present that x% of the male population are rapists so as they say "bring it on" as i don't know any rapists and i'd sure as hell kick their asses into the local police station if i did

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

I don't know any rapists and i'd sure as hell kick their asses into the local police station if i did.

Just for the sake of argument, lets say you DID know a rapist and you DID kick his ass down to the local PD. What would you use as evidence that he raped someone and that you weren't just trying to get the guy in trouble? See what I mean?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
It's a blanket condemnation of men in general and their attitudes towards women being "commodities" to be used for their pleasure.

Asktheanimals, your prejudice is showing. Everyone is just as awful as everyone else, your pet hate group is not worse than any other group.

If you want to sit here and generalise about men, I'll happily sit here and generalise about women. We could go on all night about how one group is bad, then counter with the opposite group and so on.

I shouldn't have said "blanket condemnation", you're right about that.
Had I said many men have the attitude that women are viewed as commodities it would have been more correct.

I'm a man myself and have been for 53 years. I can only speak from my experience as an American and yes, I have seen that attitude among many of the "men" I've come across. I have no bias against either sex and no reason to bash men in general. We do have to assume that when it comes to statistics about rape we're talking about men raping women and regardless of the numbers it's a disgusting and disturbing statistic.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

When people talk about gun control and such it seems to automatically be assumed that we're talking about men having guns. Rarely are women, the elderly and the disabled mentioned. How could they protect themselves without firearms? Fact is they cannot.

Firearms do more for the weak and impaired than they do for the "rambo" types who can at a minimum put up a fight or run away as circumstances dictate.
Interesting that you almost never hear of any of those groups using firearms in an illegal fashion (women, elderly disabled)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It's a blanket condemnation of men in general and their attitudes towards women being "commodities" to be used for their pleasure.

Asktheanimals, your prejudice is showing. Everyone is just as awful as everyone else, your pet hate group is not worse than any other group.

If you want to sit here and generalise about men, I'll happily sit here and generalise about women. We could go on all night about how one group is bad, then counter with the opposite group and so on.

I shouldn't have said "blanket condemnation", you're right about that.
Had I said many men have the attitude that women are viewed as commodities it would have been more correct.

I'm a man myself and have been for 53 years. I can only speak from my experience as an American and yes, I have seen that attitude among many of the "men" I've come across. I have no bias against either sex and no reason to bash men in general. We do have to assume that when it comes to statistics about rape we're talking about men raping women and regardless of the numbers it's a disgusting and disturbing statistic.

Exactly! Thanks for saying what was on my mind as well. I always look forward to your posts Asktheanimals.

And I think everyone seems to be missing the point of what the OP was trying to convey.....

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

No matter what some here would try to convince others of, the graph is probably pretty accurate. Of all the people I personally know most (male and female) were sexually abused as children, most (all but 2 or 3) of the women have been forcibly raped (in most instances "date rape" which occurred during teens or early 20s) and every single woman has had someone attempt to force sex with her at least once- but in most cases more than once. I know of only a handful of cases that were actually reported to the authorities as the majority of victims of sexual assault are put on trial and made to look like it was somehow their own fault, not to mention the degradation of having to relive the event- in public.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

When people talk about gun control and such it seems to automatically be assumed that we're talking about men having guns. Rarely are women, the elderly and the disabled mentioned. How could they protect themselves without firearms? Fact is they cannot.

You're 100% correct. I've mentioned enough times, the fact my wife and I are both CCW permitted in our state. What is important in this context to note with that is that my other half has serious medical issues including Neuropathy from diabetic complications. Where once she drove a truck as the 2nd half of the team for us...she's now at a stage of the damage where she physically could not put up a meaningful fight of any kind to an attacker.

Some day she may run into someone in a circumstance out there where they either want what she has more than she does and decide to hurt her for it ...or worse, she'll encounter a man looking to do far more serious harm to her. If she's without her carry weapon, her voice is quite literally all the defense she has ...and if our son is with her, she can do little more to protect him. It's a scenario I do think about at times and I'm only left feeling okay because I know she is outstanding with her weapon and has been through enough bad situations with me before our Son was born to know she'll do what it takes to protect herself and him....without question..

Disarming people like her means they have NO ability to do anything but rely on the 'tender mercies' and compassion of a predator. I wonder... How comfortable would any of us feel going to pet a Tiger? Is it likely to be merciful? I doubt predatory criminals would see her conditions as something to feel bad for. It'd just make her a better target to exploit.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If the rapes aren't reported then how can you know that's how many rapists there are.

re you sure this is accurate ? If so then that's pretty staggering how many are unreported.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
reply to post by cybro

It's not a question of belief...

It's a fact.

SS

So if I use my advanced design skillz to make a fancy chart, you'll believe that, too?

Riddle me this: How do you know how many unreported rapes there are if they are... unreported....????

edit on 7-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Oh also, Americans should love this one:

I'd rather 10 guilty men go free than 1 innocent man suffer jail.

Prison does nothing anyway. I just feel bad for the prisoners in the end. So that is a sentiment i can get behind. I wish there was a better solution than keeping a mans soul captive. I wish prisons would also try a bit harder to get their job done; but hey, why pass up on free labour.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join