It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Detained By TSA. Go Alex!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Alex Jones, while I will concede that he is one of many sources of alternative information and awareness that many might not be conscious of without and I applaud him for that, has also been responsible for some of the most sensational, hyperbole driven stories and claims I've ever read. (Some of which were outright misrepresentations and falsehoods.)

He has demonstrated time and again that, while perhaps genuinely passionate about his ostensible beliefs (I say perhaps because he would have to be passionate about virtually everything under the sun, including things he had to have known weren't entirely on the level in some instances, for him to be genuine and sincere about everything he's ever said,) he is also not above generating events and scenarios where none might otherwise naturally exist for the sake of publicity.

With that caveat out of the way however, I will say that I have never been comfortable with what I perceive to be circumvention of the fourth amendment via the TSA and other agencies or organizations, and I am pleased whenever I see anyone raise a stink about it. Unfortunately, this will likely have little impact because:

1) Those aware of Alex Jones are likely also already aware of these issues, whereas those who don't follow him will likely simply see a "conspiracy nut" as society labels such individuals.
2) If little old ladies and children getting patted down hasn't raised people's ire enough to stop these practices, Alex Jones being told to remove his shoes likely won't either.

Just my honest opinion. But as I said, I applaud the opposition to such practices in principle.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have considered making a thread here, asking what's people's beef is with Alex.

I watched 911 - The road to tyranny, around 2003. That was the eye opener for me. Before then, although I knew things were not right in the world, I was not aware of the rife corruption and the blatant disregard the (so called) elites have for us regular folk.

While I do not listen to his radio show, i have watched just about all of his documentaries (and countless others). Sometimes he is a rambunctious, but bloody hell, whats wrong with injecting personal emotion onto these serious issues.

I notice most of the complaints are that he makes money from this information, that he tries to sell products, but again. So What.? It's not as if the majority of his information is false. And how much money do you all think the Main news outlets make.

I have not watched the piers interview yet, but I hope Alex tears him a new one, Piers is a class A wanker, I cannot fathom why America would want him on their screens.

/end rant.

On Topic - I cant see why anybody would disagree with his pop at the TSA. The things that are happening in America, and to your rights of movement, is mind-boggling.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamOver

Well, I can only speak for myself. It's not that he sells merchandise or injects personal emotion into his discussions, writings, etc. And I give him credit where it's due - he has done much to expand people's minds in directions that might never have been the case in his absence.

Rather, it's all of the times he has offered blatant falsehoods or dubious claims as though they were outright fact, or made promises/predictions that never came to pass, or turned out to be nothing but hyperbole on his part. As just one example, his much hyped interview with President Obama. Now, one may argue that it was ridiculous to expect such a thing to happen outside of the realm of parody or rhetoric in the first place, but that's just the thing: he presented it and advertised it for some time as though it was a "huge bombshell," and a real interview. It turned out to be a fictitious interview conducted by Charlie Sheen of all people. And that's sort of par for the course for Alex Jones.

He's gotten a lot of things right, and done good things, but he's also outright misrepresented things, and made factual assertions that aren't true (such as claiming that the TSA admits that they steal people's belongings from their baggage, for instance.) Or the countless instances of him saying something along the lines of, "This is it. I'm sick to my stomach. They are actually going to do it," and offering a vague time frame during which a false flag terrorist attack might take place, and then never following up on the fact that absolutely nothing happens. He does this habitually.

That said, that doesn't mean his detractors hate him or don't appreciate the good he's done. It's not an either/or, binary proposition. Being critical of his hyperbole, sensationalism, and arguable over-zealousness is not mutually exclusive with praising his role as a gateway to information and awareness that might otherwise be lacking for many. Opposing things like overreaching TSA screenings (which I believe they are personally) is - as in this case - in my view one of the good things he does and has done.

Peace.
edit on 1/8/2013 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

That sounds fair enough.

As I said I don't really listen to his radio show, and rarely visit his websites. The vast majority of information I have from/about him is what I have seen in his documentaries.

I have the same opinions about David Icke. A lot of what he says is good information, but I have never subscribed to the reptile notion. That always sounded a little too much like V.

Thanks for the response, that clears up my confusion.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

Jones had already showed his ID as he approached the metal detector.

Jones was addressed by a TSA screener who said, “Hello Mr. Jones,” indicating that she knew who he was

Storm in a teacup.

He does have a nice voice though.

I guess you don't fly. You show your ID to one person ahead of the metal detectors that validates your ID and your ticket. Then you proceed to the metal detectors where they scream your head off if you are still holding your ID. Your ID has to be put away completely for the body scanners (not used here).

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The federal regulation that states you have to remove your shoes has been rescinded.It is now only TSA policy
it knid of irks me that they now use it as a harassment tatic.Myself when I fly I now change to flipflops when I enter the terminal.It makes a real fashion statement to be in flipflops and a suit.I am sure my big smile p*sses them off as much as Alex does.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yes, Go Alex - to your doctors to get your meds refilled - STAT!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Funny how he says he will not negotiate with Gov, Domestic Terrorists as he called the TSA but then after throwing a tantrum he takes his shoes off... He displays behavior that makes him a prime example of making alternative people going after the truth look nutty. I vote he's a disinfo agent to discredit real threats. If he's not he should get off the air because he's only doing a disservice with his antics.

RS

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

You know, I thought Alex was a cool dude until I saw that shouting match with Piers Morgan! He answered all Piers question with a angry belch shout because he did not know the answers. This guy is a real loose cannon, the kind of guy who will blowup is neighborhood one day, just out of sheer paranoia!

<< 1   >>

join