It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Detained By TSA. Go Alex!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Alex Jones Detained By TSA

Radio talk show host and ardent Homeland Security critic Alex Jones was detained by the TSA at Austin-Bergstrom airport earlier today and threatened with arrest for refusing to take his shoes off at a security checkpoint.

Traveling to New York to appear on CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight, Jones had already showed his ID as he approached the metal detector. Jones and colleague Rob Dew noticed that a large number of people across all age ranges were not removing their shoes as they walked through the metal detector. The x-ray body scanners were not in use.

As soon as he approached security, Jones was addressed by a TSA screener who said, “Hello Mr. Jones,” indicating that she knew who he was, and immediately ordered him to remove his shoes.

When Jones refused, citing the fact that innumerable other people had not removed their shoes, the TSA screener claimed that only under 12′s and over 75′s were not mandated to remove footwear under TSA policy.

When Jones contested the point, arguing that numerous travelers in their 40′s had not removed their shoes, other TSA agents ordered him to take off his shoes, before Jones was approached by a police officer who immediately got in his face and started threatening him with arrest.

I suspect that Alex may have done this intentionally in order to generate some hysteria and ratings for his appearance on Piers tonight.

I have my suspicions about Alex. Hes said some questionable things in the past. Hes no William Cooper, thats for sure.

That having been said, go Alex! Give 'em hell!

edit on 7-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Jones had already showed his ID as he approached the metal detector.

Jones was addressed by a TSA screener who said, “Hello Mr. Jones,” indicating that she knew who he was

Storm in a teacup.

He does have a nice voice though.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Alex Jones is the type of guy that needs to be taken with a couple grains of salt. There is a lot of truth to the factual numbers he presents, but often his presentation methods come off as "fear mongering" and aimed at book sales. Sad, really, that someone coming forward with the knowledge he presents can be discredited just because he forgot his ADD meds.

Glad to see him grappling with the TSA though. We ultimately will need people like him before it's all said and done.
edit on 7-1-2013 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Go for it Mr Alex Jones! Anything that rubbers these Nazi totalitarian TSA scum is sound in my opinion!
edit on 7-1-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel
We ultimately will need people like him before it's all said and done.

People who wear denim jeans AND denim shirts?

I think I'd rather be enslaved...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

They are screwing with the wrong man. He won't go down without a fight.

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Sometimes a herd of meek sheep need a leader to wake them up and show them how to fight back. Alex Jones is just such a person. Like him or hate him, he's standing up to the baloney being dished out by the TSA goons.

Personally, I like him. He is responsible for me "waking up". I applaud his efforts. What better use for his loud, theatrical antics than to get in the face of some uniformed thug and let them know just how grossly out of line they are?

Yay for Alex! PS....Piers Morgan is toast when Alex gets through with him.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So did he make it to get on the interview? I'm really looking forward to the interview.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Go for it Mr Alex Jones! Anything that rubbers these Nazi totalitarian TSA scum is sound in my opinion!
edit on 7-1-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

What do you think you're doing, pig?
Do you really give a fig, pig?
And what's your favourite sort of gig, pig?
Barry Manilow
Or the black and white minstrel show?

Down with hippies!!!

I mean.

Down with the totalitarian pig state, man.
edit on 7-1-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ya gotta create a little discrimination when you can, otherwise they forget you.....
That being said, its a long uphill row to wake this generation up.....good on you Alex!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

People who wear denim jeans AND denim shirts?

I think I'd rather be enslaved...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I doubt this was staged but more likely inevitable, anyone who flies knows that if you don't give in to these bogus orders you'll have 2-3 officers in your face bugging their eyes out at you.

And no, I do not like taking my shoes off and walking around in an area that a thousand other people have been in bare socks, it's disgusting.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What really gets me, the TSA always jumps to getting police involoved and threatening. Seems to me they could only refuse passage....that seems "fair." it people that allowed to be taken into a room, strip searched and God know what else that blows my mind. Again, stop me from using your "service" but DON'T TRY TO TAKE MY PERSONAL RIGHTS. They need to understand they are there for us, paid by us to protect us. they have no special education, or authority to have their way with us. Really pisses me off.
I fly fairly often and am always respectful and courteous, and perhaps that help me from being abused, but I am not above protecting my rights.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Ah, man, he looks funny all wigged out and ready to fight. I hope he made that face at Piers Morgan. I LIKE ALEX UNHINGED!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Oh no.. not removing your SHOES! The travesty!

I'm all for better (i.e. smarter) security at airports. But in lieu of this, until it is a reality.. just take your stupid shoes off. Or take a bus. And if I was a security guy, I'd probably make him remove his shoes as well. Alex will do anything to gain attention and ratings. Play it safe imo.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Just got done watching Alex Jones on Piers Morgan. Good lord, the guy is somewhat intelligent, does have alot of insight into the wrongs that the men in power commit, but he really comes off as a nutjob when he starts "foaming" at the mouth about the New World Order. At the end he started mocking Piers' accent, what exactly did that prove? I don't like the puppets of the men in power anymore than alot of other people, but when you come off looking totally insane you are not exactly helping the cause of defending the 2nd amendment.

edit on 7-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
When I was in the Navy, I was in an airport in Seattle, getting ready to fly home for Christmas. I was in my Dress Blues, with all of my service ribbons. Obviously active duty military. I got to security, removed my shoes, emptied my pockets, you know normal stuff. I walk through the metal detecor, and it goes off, I had forgotten to remove my ribbons from my shirt. Immediately, TSA guys flank me. So I say, "I forgot to take off my ribbons." and reach up to undo the pins. Immediately one of them grabs my hand and says "Step over here, sir!" I begin to step and the other two grab my arms and sort of push me to the side where the other man was. "Hey," I said, "what's the deal? It's my ribbons." The first man removes my ribbons (breaking 2 of the pins) and tosses them in a tupperware box. "Let me see your ID and boarding pass." So I show them and they do a pat down on me, then they let me go.

I wasn't expecting any special treatment, but they weren't even showing the respect you should give to any other person. Also a small crowd of about 5 people who were in line behind me, One being an Army Captain, had started to protest how they were treating me. After they let me go and I was putting my shoes back on, I saw them do the same with the Army Captain, and his wife. Was it just protocol, or were they actually singling out Military Personnel?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

I hope you are kidding. If anyone hasnt seen Alex's interview on Piers morgan tonight you have to google it. Its awesome. Alex gets a little excited sometimes but I think its time we all get a little excited.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

yay alex.. lol well not really a fan, i do like his material. if he would just stop freakin shouting and yelling 90% of the time i could like him again... even when hes not "acting" hes freakin screaming at top of lungs, and really that just drives me nutz. lol

and even if it was a stunt. maybe the people around him dont know it and it will put a little spark in someone else to say noo.. no more nazi checkpoints...

its really ridiculous.. the whole reason this all came about was supposedly, 9/11. well im pretty sure the government stated up and down left to right and right to left, that THERE WAS NO BOMBS ..... so why are we all being checked for bombs...becasue the whoe things was a bs story.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by meetmeatthebridge

I don't like using smileys, I think it detracts from the humour when you have to point it out so bluntly, but I did it anyway to stop exactly this sort of post from happening...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join