It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama: 'We don't have a spending problem'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The media portrayal of the fiscal cliff standoff (and the debt-ceiling talks from which it sprang) generally portrayed President Barack Obama and the Democrats as pragmatists attempting to negotiate with intransigent Republican ideologues

What stunned House Speaker John Boehner more than anything else during his prolonged closed-door budget negotiations with Barack Obama was this revelation: "At one point several weeks ago," Mr. Boehner says, "the president said to me, 'We don't have a spending problem.' "

reason.com...

Just when I thought Obama couldn't say anything more stupid he says something more stupid.

We don't have a spending problem?

Seriously?

6 trillion during his first term a $16 trillion dollar deficit cbo projections are 21 trillion by 2016, he just raised taxes on pretty much everyone still wants to raise more taxes.

So why did he raise taxes if "we don't have a spending problem" ?.

That is what you voted for America be proud!

Not.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Oh.. well problem solved I guess we don't have a spending problem.. Good to hear.

Nothing to see here folks we can all go back to our daily slave tasks for mother amerika.. I mean, err yah nothing to see here! Move it along.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Assuming Boehner can be trusted on the accuracy of the statement himself ...and I don't trust any of them anymore ... I'd agree. We don't have a spending problem.

We have a mental health problem. About 90% of them suffer from some form of narcissism or similar illness with the only logical courses of treatment to start with a retirement and long rest ..far far from what caused such terrible things to befall their minds. (and I'm not even sure anymore HOW much I'm kidding. Not much...if at all)
edit on 7-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
He's correct "We don't have a spending problem" as there is no problem spending money, the real problem is getting enough in to pay for it

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The rogue government borrows 40% of every dollar it spends which all but guarantees tax and debt slavery for generations to come.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

edit on 7-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
He keeps saying those words....

But I don't think they mean, what he thinks they mean.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Zimbabwe and the Weimar republic didn't have spending problems either. They could always print what they needed.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 11235813213455

Well put.... This is what our future looks like in some detail..for those who have no idea what has come before. Those in power act like this stupidity has never been done before or run out to see how it ends. It has... many times.

The worst cases of Hyperinflation in history

Your examples and several others are there for all to compare, contrast and know what to prepare for. Honestly? It should have already begun. The fact we are so big and so integrated with the world economy at all levels is the only reason it hasn't, IMO. That won't play forever though. Something has to give soon....the math says so.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You guys are being too hard on Obama....

As I found out from a co worker the other day, Obama is for the little guy!

Who knew?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
He keeps saying those words....

But I don't think they mean, what he thinks they mean.

LoL nice princess bride quote........

This is how this guy got elected again, he keeps repeating the same crap he did in his first term, and people believed it AGAIN......despite the fact he lied the first time around!

Just like he said he wasnt going to go for our guns......lmao its barely january and BAM!

This guy is so full of crap......

Thats the methodology tho, keep saying something over and over , even if it isnt true, until its accepted as such....

Im literally baffled how this guy talks out both sides of his mouth, we dont have a spending problem but every bill that gets put forward has so much friggin pork, that has NOTHING to do with the bill in it, that it boggles the mind.....

Were in SOOO much debt we can never hope to pay it off, but we have to raise taxes, to cover our non spending problem......

STOP SUPPORTING THESE PEOPLE!

(breathes)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by 11235813213455

Well put.... This is what our future looks like in some detail..for those who have no idea what has come before. Those in power act like this stupidity has never been done before or run out to see how it ends. It has... many times.

The worst cases of Hyperinflation in history

Your examples and several others are there for all to compare, contrast and know what to prepare for. Honestly? It should have already begun. The fact we are so big and so integrated with the world economy at all levels is the only reason it hasn't, IMO. That won't play forever though. Something has to give soon....the math says so.

Yup... And now we're going to mint a Trillion dollar coin...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Thats the methodology tho, keep saying something over and over , even if it isnt true, until its accepted as such....

Sounds familiar :

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Joesph gobbels the path we are currently on can not be sustained and they lie about it.
edit on 7-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
These aren't the droids you are looking for...........er I mean these aren't the budgets or payables you are looking for.

Is anyone buying his BS anymore? If so, I have a beautiful bridge in Brooklyn that you just have to buy. I will throw in the paint for 10 years for free.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I found this quote from Obama himself in 2009 after the stimulus passed.

"It is not going to be possible for us to have a huge second stimulus, because frankly, we just don't have the money," Obama said.

USAToday

If we don't have the money, why hasn't he pushed any cuts to the government and just gave all Federal employees a raise? Living within your means has always been a great motto to live by.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I just figured out what he means!... We don't have a spending problem... We are good at spending, we have an earning problem we need to earn more so support our spending.. I keep telling this to my wife

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
I just figured out what he means!... We don't have a spending problem... We are good at spending, we have an earning problem we need to earn more so support our spending.. I keep telling this to my wife

Well yeah I was looking at it wrong Obama doesn't have a problem spending other peoples money.,.

My bad.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hey, where's that thread talking about the most stupid things said by politicians? This would make a perfect choice for the award.

But, wait, oh it's Orwellian Doublespeak. Maybe it's really more brilliant....not sure which.
edit on 7-1-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

yeh anyone notice the price of EVERYTHING jump the last month?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The media portrayal of the fiscal cliff standoff (and the debt-ceiling talks from which it sprang) generally portrayed President Barack Obama and the Democrats as pragmatists attempting to negotiate with intransigent Republican ideologues

What stunned House Speaker John Boehner more than anything else during his prolonged closed-door budget negotiations with Barack Obama was this revelation: "At one point several weeks ago," Mr. Boehner says, "the president said to me, 'We don't have a spending problem.' "

reason.com...

Just when I thought Obama couldn't say anything more stupid he says something more stupid.

We don't have a spending problem?

Seriously?

6 trillion during his first term a $16 trillion dollar deficit cbo projections are 21 trillion by 2016, he just raised taxes on pretty much everyone still wants to raise more taxes.

So why did he raise taxes if "we don't have a spending problem" ?.

That is what you voted for America be proud!

Not.

Obummer knows he was lying to Boo Hoo Boehner.

Obummer is an avowed Marxist and knows good and well that a created financial crises is a quick way to bring in full blown Marxism.

He says they don't have a "spending problem" because they can "print money", and he knows that printed money that is not backed by anything of real value leads to hyper-inflation and financial collapse.

The Saul Alinsky method is, create a crisis and propose a solution, which in this case is total statist/marxist control of the nation.
edit on 7-1-2013 by JuniorBeauchamp because: mispelling

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
We have a long-term debt problem. That can be addressed by (A) Increasing revenues, (B) Decreasing spending...or both.

Our spending problem was driven primarily by two "unfunded" wars and occupations followed by the worst financial crisis since the great depression...followed by the largest bailout in the history of the world economy.

Now...the debts from those decisions are still with us, but the spending that drove that debt is declining.

Government spending both in real dollars and as a percentage of GDP is FALLING.

The overall economy has been growing for 12 quarters. Total government spending (federal, state and local), on the other hand, has been falling for eight quarters. That decline has been driven primarily by state and local spending, which has been falling for 11 quarters. Federal spending has fallen for six of the last seven quarters.

economix.blogs.nytimes.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join