It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant squid filmed- Amazing footage of monster of the deep captured for the first time in Japan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen

Originally posted by Mugen
July, 2012. Yeah i thought i heard about it before.

Ain't no tellin what's down there man!

I could have sworn I saw this already. Is there a time loop?

Why does it seem like this just happened?

Yahoo - The Kraken Wakes

I'm with ya man! I could have sworn I seen this exact footage a couple of years ago?

Weird..

EDIT: Hmm maybe this is what I was thinking of?..

The upload year is 2010, that's about right I guess.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yeah I'm with you guys claiming Deja of the Vu kind. Swear I saw this at least 2 years ago minimum, and possibly longer as it was in my old apartment when my best friend was living in th apartment below me. Oh halcyon nostalgia.

Anyway, I seem to recall this Squddie footage (armage?) along with some clip off a Japanese show that also claimed to be of a possible Megladon sighting of some apparently HUGE underwater nasty bumping into some underwater equipment and dwarfing other big sharks nearby, but as it was Japanese tele and no scale of reference just had to go by the YouTube description. I do vaguely recall a post claiming the "Meg" was just a plain old enormous whale shark or some such. The giant squid - and that frame with the line disappearing into the arms looks the same according to my memory - was supposedly legit! :-)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

i thought they captured one on film 2 years ago.. or do you mean first time for japanese waters?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Giant squid + small boat = ?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Yes, this was a few years back, I believe. It was the reason I stopped eating squid. There was a portion of the program showing squid fishermen catching squid from a small boat. They used a multiple-reverse-spiked hook tied to a tether. The squid would come to eat the bait, and the spikes would catch in their throat. The squid would struggle to escape, grabbing wildly at the spikes and tether with their tentacles, which would also get caught. Other squid would even grab on and try to pull it away, apparently trying to help free the first squid (even the scientist pointed this out). It was awful. The researchers who caught the giant squid footage did so at the expense of ripping off one of its tentacles, which they proudly displayed.
I had no idea it was that gruesome (I'm not naive, but it was awful, the more I thought about it). I made a point to learn more about squid and octopi, turns out they're incredibly interesting intelligent creatures, much more advanced than previously imagined.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
video is taken off youtube

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
video is taken off youtube

Thanks for the info!

Here's a new one:

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

i thought they captured one on film 2 years ago.. or do you mean first time for japanese waters?

Well, I notice some comments here about this video saying that it's an old one, however I wasn't able to find the original source.
All the videos on the Net are from early January of this year.

Anyone?
edit on 9-1-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Pitty it's been removed...
Try to find this book...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
how to know this is a very big squid?
Couldn't this be a case of bad interpretations or bad guessing of sizes?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

Well, I notice some comments here about this video saying that it's an old one, however I wasn't able to find the original source.

All the videos on the Net are from early January of this year.

Anyone?

Think folks might be referring to the Monster Quest episode mate, it was a while back but Frogs mentions in this post they managed to film one when they put a camera on a humbolt squid.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd6c843532e5.jpg[/atsimg]

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The Discovery Channel has supposedly been holding this footage since early December when it was captured so im no not sure its even released yet due to them planning on showing it on January 27th at 10pm ET during a documentary.Just throwing my 2 cents out there.
edit on 1//9/1313 by ConspiracySquid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here's a more recent video and it has some decent shots of the Giant Squid

And I'll add this to the post...

Congratulations!

This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday night between 6-9pm pst (9-12 est), as part of this weeks exciting "Turbo Topics" segment.

We are running 256kbps through the ATS Player but we now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at Illustrial Website. You can also connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here to listen to the ATSLive Radio Show on ShoutCast

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in to the show!
Johnny

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join