learn more

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Yep...

...this is why I consider Alex Jones a complete idiot.

He went as low as to make fun of Piers Morgan's accent, c'mon...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
CNN will do anything to get ratings....

Put AJ on? really?

Oh wait a minute.. was it ratings? or furthering an agenda?

Thanks alot Alex, you really helped

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I'm sorry but Alex Jones came across as a total nut job on this...

At the end when he started doing the accent WTF?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy
Yep...

...this is why I consider Alex Jones a complete idiot.

He went as low as to make fun of Piers Morgan's accent, c'mon...

That is morally equivalent to supporting the treasonous disarming of a populace, and mass murder of political opponents. Yeah...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

Have you never listened to Alex Jones? Why is it a problem anyway? When he was doing the accent he was calm, imitating Morgan. Isn't that what you all want? A calm debate on whether we should keep the 2nd amendment? Isn't that English voice soothing to you? Doesn't it make the loss of your freedom seem almost elegant?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Have you never listened to Alex Jones? Why is it a problem anyway? When he was doing the accent he was calm, imitating Morgan. Isn't that what you all want? A calm debate on whether we should keep the 2nd amendment? Isn't that English voice soothing to you? Doesn't it make the loss of your freedom seem almost elegant?

No I'm from the UK, he was being childish.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I was just in my FaceBook newsfeed and saw this vid. It's odd and disturbing to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

After watching through the entire thing, I am disappointed with the way he handled it. It looked they purposely set it up that way beforehand

Alex Jones is an idiot, but he is even more of an idiot if he thinks he can get what he wants with that pathetic petition regarding Piers.

I have no doubt that Piers saw that, and used it in his favor. He just defused the whole issue by showing Alex Jones true colors, and people might like him - to this day, I can't see why -, but nobody was pressing a gun to his head and forcing him to say those things, he did it on his own.

Piers acting perfectly calm and composed, and Alex going off like a firecracker.

Well, that's because of two facts;

1- Piers Morgan is a professional journalists that has his own show on CNN;
2- Alex Jones is Alex Jones.

What he should have done is talked like he did for the first minute. Cite the statistics, explain them, let Piers make his comment & then rebuttal it. Not yell the entire bit.

Something very off about this...

What statistics? Piers was actually making good questions, and if the examples provided - like the gun-homicide rate in the UK - were bad, then Alex Jones has the task of answering and refuting those.

AJ was only able to keep calm for a couple of minutes, before going off like a maniac, making his stupid rants that have no information attached. I actually find it ironic how so many people are saying this was staged, but then fail to see the tools that AJ uses to get influence and popularity. The guy has a script in his head, and a bunch of emotional-argument stones in his pockets. He throws them around and waits for a response.

He got owned because Piers didn't lowered his interview standards despite the yelling, and mockery and complete lack of respect shown by AJ.

It's a complete shock to me, how people find it acceptable that a guy who is invited to join his voice in a debate stage as important as CNN, and makes a joke out of him, people who share his - basic - opinion or quite simply, endorse him.

The cherry on top for me was the final, constant, mentioning of his website, which I will refrain from saying because I want my fingers clean.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Alex didn't have as much tact as Jesse did. Jesse made Piers look like a damn fool.

I don't care what Alex haters say, I like Alex. Apart from a couple character flaws, he is the real deal.

That being said, I feel conflicted about this interview (for those who actually watched it).

From an emotional view, I agree with Alex 100%. I view this whole thing as an attack on guns, and it pisses me off too. If I were to have an interview with all this news fresh on my mind, I might explode too.

But, from a logical point of view, he isn't going to get his point across to people who need to hear it most. To those of us who are "awake," we hear what he says and agree, cheering him on, applauding his anger, because it's the anger we all feel. But, to people who are not awake, it seems like horrible rambling from a lunatic and nothing more. People who really need to hear the message are going to disown the idea of any conspiracy theories when they are represented by someone so angry, acting as such a loose cannon.

So... I liked and disliked the interview.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

That's pretty much my take on it too. He said on cable news what desperately needed to be said. It would have been loads more effective at a volume about 20 decibels lower.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

That is morally equivalent to supporting the treasonous disarming of a populace, and mass murder of political opponents. Yeah...

Yes, this is the end of the world and we are all going to die because Alex Jones made a petition.

/sarcasm

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
For those that watched the video and have formed an opinion based on AJ's behavior, can you understand why we here at ATS stress civility and decorum with what people post? Sure, the staff take some flak for being "censoring nazi-mods"
but honestly, we do what we have to do for the benefit of everyone....the alternative is what you just watched.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
But, from a logical point of view, he isn't going to get his point across to people who need to hear it most. To those of us who are "awake," we hear what he says and agree, cheering him on, applauding his anger, because it's the anger we all feel. But, to people who are not awake, it seems like horrible rambling from a lunatic and nothing more. People who really need to hear the message are going to disown the idea of any conspiracy theories when they are represented by someone so angry, acting as such a loose cannon.

You should not worry about this. You cannot convince anyone to change their opinion on this topic in a 10 minute segment littered with irrelevant facts. All you can hope to do is give someone some piece of information that makes them go do the thinking on their own.

How anyone can say Pierce's questions were good and Alex didn't provide information (what were you watching)? Pierce wanted to play emotion. How many people die from gun violence? What gun was used in Aurora, what gun was used in Oregon, what gun was used at Sandy Hook, why do citizens need these guns -> see we should ban them. He was not going to allow ANY room for discussion outside of this. Alex knew that, hence the screw you and your agenda and Alex going off on his own.

As for the lack of calmness - try to actually communicate something on those shows which the host doesn't want mentioned and see how far you get without an aggressive attitude.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

No I'm from the UK, he was being childish.

Why do you people in the UK keep participating in these discussions? Don't you have a utopia of non-violence over in the UK? No one is dying of mistreatment or beatings right or even gun violence right? I mean violence is totally banned... Why can't you look at your own country and realize you have a problem and then recognize that America has a much more violent populace. We don't have that soothing/calm accent.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This was a pathetic performance by Alex.

I'm starting to side with the idea that Alex Jones may be in fact a disinfo agent trying to hurt the cause.

Sure he spreads information, and some of it is true, free of cost, but look at the interview for christsakes!

First, why would the MSM even bother putting a conspiracy theorist on other then trying to make him look like a complete nut?

It's the same thing in "Conspiracy Theory" with Mel Gibson, painting the conspiracy theorist to be a complete schizo.

Alex Jones could have got his point across by not shouting and throwing a temper tantrum. I know he's passionate, but the performance he gave reeked of an agenda. (and not a good one I might add)

And you know what the sad part of this is? Since now he's on national TV, people are going to start associating conspiracy theorists with this guy, to make conspiracy theorists look completely insane.

Do you guys see where I'm getting at?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

He looks very clam now how very odd.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
And you know what the sad part of this is? Since now he's on national TV, people are going to start associating conspiracy theorists with this guy, to make conspiracy theorists look completely insane. Do you guys see where I'm getting at?

First, conspiracy theorists were already associated to Alex Jones. Nothing new there. Second, why the concern? What do you think? That the government is going to start persecuting conspiracy theorists based on their thoughts and free speech? That would be, oh I don't know, almost tyrannical wouldn't it?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
He looks very clam now how very odd.

Totally, its almost as if he's not on television a couple feet from someone advocating the confiscation of American firearms trying to direct his thoughts under a time limit.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

to people who are not awake, it seems like horrible rambling from a lunatic and nothing more. People who really need to hear the message are going to disown the idea of any conspiracy theories when they are represented by someone so angry, acting as such a loose cannon.

That is called hitting the nail on the head my friend...

While you have plenty of folks out there concerned about the current rush (capitalizing on tragedy) to legislate new laws to erode the 2nd amendment ... it's not a good thing for those who support the 2nd, to be represented by the likes of a loose cannon like AJ...

Perhaps, it's part of the grander plan?

THEY... allowed AJ to be seen by those who have blinders on, to help their efforts?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well, I don't see that he appears very calm now, but what struck me as odd, is all the apparently threatening security types everywhere around them post-show, so that is sounds paranoid (like someone mentioned before, 'Jerry' in the movie conspiracy theory, going on about the helicopters, etc) but even so, for the first time, I really feel afraid for Alex. Bill Cooper seemed to become more paranoid before they killed him at his home.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join