It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
well its definitely a little disturbing to me that he went out and acted like a maniac, and then the next guest broke down how "people like him" (conspiracy theorists) shouldn't have access to guns.

whats next? well, to be honest, i'm kind of afraid to learn whats next. the whole thing just makes me uncomfortable.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Really? How many of the masses that we ultimately require to look into the misdeeds of the recent past (if change/investigation is EVER going to happen) do you think will actually get interested in what WE have to say with his performance tonight?

I am willing to bet the vast majority would rather laugh him off as nut job than show his rant to their colleagues as someone who needs to be heard and listened to.

S...

ETA: It's well past time for a NEW "spokesman" for our team...
edit on 1-7-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Yes Sir...the masses will see this interview as raw and unscripted with more merit. Contrary to the media scripted bull crap the viewer is not believing anymore.

edit on 7-1-2013 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

Originally posted by dbtkl273
Wow!! I regurlarly read and rarely post on another website, hope it's ok to name, GLP, and as soon as I tried to post a response to Alex's interview on cnn I was immediey banned, what a JOKE!

Just for your info something is going on at the GLP website,, I posted a source link here from Before it's News a couple of hours ago, that quoted a source from GLP, and when I tried to follow the link to GLP I received a caption that said my ISP had been banned from access, and I don't even post there or very seldom go there.

Was Alex's alleged links/ to Stratcom ever confirmed/debunked? While he breaks some good stories I feel reasonably confident (just a gut feeling
) his message board is heavily comprimised by-- whoever.

if you're bored and wanna get a good down the rabbit hole conspiracy run going, just look into tavistock.
my ip immediately got banned from glp when i typed that name into a response to a thread. its definitely worth the read.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by SWCCFAN

And you don't think it makes him look like an out-of-control whack job?
Seriously?

Because to most of America and the rest of the world - it does. And, because of that, they discount all of his ideas and theories out of hand.

Which is his entire purpose for being...wake up. . .

I'd have to agree. Cause and effect. Then again I'm the kind of guy that thinks The Daily Show and the Colbert Report are designed to disarm people via laughter. Make em laugh, make em laugh, make em laugh.....

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

Here is the clip

Thanks I was about to see if someone could upload it, my live feed went to crap on me.

I'm not entirely sure that he represented the best interests of the opposition with that ranting approach, but then again that's probably how and why he ended up on the show.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Regardless on how Alex Jones did on the Piers Morgon Tonight show he is getting attacked by the Liberals on the CNN commenting page.

Piers Morgan, radio host who wants him deported face off

And as usual this what Morgan wants.

Morgan supports restrictions of semiautomatic rifles like those used in recent mass shootings

Even though there is still no further proof that semiautomatic rifles were used in Sandy Hook.

With already 197 or so comments here are some of the comments.

This Jones is a non sense

Alex Jones - what a dk! Tryin to win points with his nutty fan base. But to most other rational people, he just appeared exactly a stark raving lunatic. Piers should take him up on his boxing offer, and kick his crazy a**!

Piers is very shrewd, I like him even if he is a brusk. This other guy is not alone in his conspiracy speeches, I see that kind of talk in too many Texas news comments, people need to get a life and stop the whole New World order thing, no one takes people seriously when they talk like that. Are there churches preaching this? I'm christian but give me a break.

A comment by micahwv.

The "revolution" would be small and over quick. White, evangelical and constitutionalists are a very small minority

the lawyer on after Alex needs deported too

And now users are spreading rumors that Alex Jones is an KKK member.

If you Google Alex he is a card carrying member of the KKK here in Texas.

If this nut cake represents gun activist we are in trouble.....i love my guns but i dont want this lunatic to represent me

CNN and it's toadies attack Alex Jones for speaking out against the true causes of crime in this country and yet CNN lets a pedophile have his own show. Oh, that's right it is canceled... but he is still on the air. Piers should take the hint and get out of this country. Or start listening for the footsteps.

Some more few.

Peirs......I'd say some of the folks posting today have identified the real problem......guns in the hands of wackadoos. You can remove the guns from society at large (like a dictator) or get rid of the nut balls (the way the Nazis did in the death camps). Name your poison, stranger.

As a Canadian and very proud neighbor of the US, it frightens me that people like Mr.Jones actually think and express themselves as he did. He clearly would not discuss the issue and tried to use aggressive tactics to sell his beliefs. He is troubled.

jwarlow67 • 5 minutes ago I am an administrator at a private psychiatric practice, and, I have to say that Mr. Jones scares the HELL out of me. He is an ideal exhibit of the blind, naive and paranoid sub-culture of America.

Well there you have it my Fellows at ATS CNN users calling Alex Jones paranoid and blind, naive just because the way he was talking on the Piers Morgon and not to mention bringing the 9/11 stuff.

You should read the comments made by some liberals it seems liberals do hate the Constitution of course not all liberals.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
He was way to over the top in that debate! It was ridiculous! Alex Jones is given a national platform to debate one of the most vocal proponents for draconian gun bans, and he pulls a stunt like this? Disgusting! He did have some good facts, and some good points. However, how can anyone take him seriously after one of his screaming matches or after one of his tangents from left field? I realize he appears to be passionate about this as many of us are, however, you don't act like this on a national news network. I am ashamed by his poor behavior on such an important topic. Alex deserves another one of those epic face-palms! He looked and sounded like raving nutjob.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
is this the point where i have to be careful of what i say in public because it might get linked back to alex? i might find myself answering questions from some lovely police officers because i believe that taking guns is not the answer, and i dont trust bank? lol.

i dont like this one bit, to tell you the truth. let the demonizing begin!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
He was way to over the top in that debate! It was ridiculous! Alex Jones is given a national platform to debate one of the most vocal proponents for draconian gun bans, and he pulls a stunt like this?

After watching through the entire thing, I am disappointed with the way he handled it. It looked they purposely set it up that way beforehand; Piers acting perfectly calm and composed, and Alex going off like a firecracker. What he should have done is talked like he did for the first minute. Cite the statistics, explain them, let Piers make his comment & then rebuttal it. Not yell the entire bit.

Something very off about this..

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I have a question since when did Piers Morgon someone whose not even an American who became the anchor for his own show the Piers Morgon tonight since when did he became the decider on what its best for America or on how should America should changes its laws?

That is not up to a TV host to decide and like Piers Morgon said to himself if America doesn't change its gun laws he would deport himself, fine by me please do deport yourself Morgon as the wire tapping case in Britain isn't even finished yet.

To date i cant think on when did TV hosts can influence the whole country's polices and laws? that is not the job of a TV show host.

Your written job is to debate with people and leaders, former leaders and others, and have interviews but your own personal political views should be kept either at home or if your challenged.

I truly must have missed something, TV show Hosts acting & behaving as if they are the spokesmen for the government.

edit on 8-1-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Alex Jones in his raging rant is really a type of controlled opposition mouthpiece FOR the very people he claims to be in opposition against, and he knows at at some level. He's either an unwitting dupe, and he's actually doing it on purpose, because it propels his notoriety and fame, and bank account.

And on the other side of the coin in terms of his followers, all he manages to induce in them for the most part is a combination of rage, and complete cynicism and apathy, not a good combination if you ask me, certainly not empowering when you really think it through all the way.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This might be a real stretch: And a seemingly weak defense of Alex, but at this point, I can discount
--nothing-- .
Back in 2011, one 'gravitybender' made a highly interesting thread called, Another Reporter Slurs Speech On Air'. www.abovetopsecret.com...
You can see these broadcasters in the live spotlight, suddenly melt down with strange verbal fumbling. Recently, Jesse Ventura's TV show pursued the "targeted" individuals, the source of their travails, and discovered hard documentation, and a top level Official confession. They also displayed a USAF patent number for something called 'synthetic telepathy' via 'amplitude modulation'.
I could say that Alex was deliberately sat squarely in 'amplitude' crosshairs to hijack his anxiety level or something. But unfortunately, the way he naturaly is, makes that a not convincing case, I guess.
Just my Conspiracy Theory.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

He was way to over the top in that debate! It was ridiculous! Alex Jones is given a national platform to debate one of the most vocal proponents for draconian gun bans, and he pulls a stunt like this?

After watching through the entire thing, I am disappointed with the way he handled it. It looked they purposely set it up that way beforehand; Piers acting perfectly calm and composed, and Alex going off like a firecracker. What he should have done is talked like he did for the first minute. Cite the statistics, explain them, let Piers make his comment & then rebuttal it. Not yell the entire bit.

You are right. Something was very off in that debate. I thought Alex started off well, but then lost any semblence of sense afterwards. He sounded like a raving lunatic. I would have hoped he would have gone in there cool, calm, and collected, but we got something entirely different. I realize he has an audience to maintain, and he can act like that on his show. However, you do not go on a national news network and act like that! Piers was sitting back letting Alex dig his own ditch, and he fell for it. Or as you hinted at, perhaps, they were both in on it? Who knows?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

You could be onto something there otherwise why would Piers Morgon have Alex Jones on his show?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by solarstorm

Really? How many of the masses that we ultimately require to look into the misdeeds of the recent past (if change/investigation is EVER going to happen) do you think will actually get interested in what WE have to say with his performance tonight?

I am willing to bet the vast majority would rather laugh him off as nut job than show his rant to their colleagues as someone who needs to be heard and listened to.

S...

ETA: It's well past time for a NEW "spokesman" for our team...
edit on 1-7-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

I agree and disagree...how many well mannered, well spoken, tactful truth seekers have been marginalized to nothing but a whimper of descent? Dismissed? Ignored? Too many...

At what point is tact futile? I mean we can sit there all the live long day in polo shirts pressed jeans with facts in hand soft spoken and honest to god sincere and the people were desperately trying to convince....remain unconvinced...

Don't get me wrong I think Alex was over the top however I really do believe he is venting out the exact frustrations that MANY actually have in reality...maybe not over guns...but over some other aspect of this incredibly ass backwards world that has been manipulated into position under the guise of good intent...

I never thought of him as the "spokesperson" but more of a popular voice that was loud enough to be heard, determined enough to be noticed and pissed off and passionate enough to turn some heads...

I'm actually pretty uncomfortable defending the guy but I do so with the intent to defend the passionate nature that we should all be taking for our lives...

so I ask again...

At what point...is it ok to express your true dissatisfaction with the situation (all the dimensions of it)? Not the tactful cloak we put on to convince others so hopelessly lost they confuse passion for instability and honesty for conspiracy or paranoia???

The others who would condemn and ridicule us for stepping out of line "too far"???
The kind of people who would completely disregard facts and logic and judge based on temper?

My concern for their approval or opinion is dwindling by the second...

I don't agree with how Alex presented himself but his words were true...his fact were there his points on target...so I will not dismiss that because the guy raised his voice...

edit on 8-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It is the brave new world my friend where every person who calls themself a journalist is nothing more than a propagandist minister who is showered with millions of dollars to say what the advertisers and their political supporters want. A free press is a crucial check and balance, and they have royally dropped the ball in that regard. Everyone thinks they are a celebrity, a commentator, or whatever, but they certainly stopped being honest journalists a long time ago. As a result, we have mass confusion and no one really knows what the heck is going on or how bad things really are. That is a travesty to go along with a whole series of travesties. The brave new world!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

I wouldn't be surprised in the least...that show was filmed on a STAGE for a reason...Either Alex is part of the skit or as gullible as it gets...

anyhow this would accomplish a couple things.

A) It would discredit those who cite, or supports Jone's work...regardless of how correct, accurate, and truthful it is...they would dismiss it based on presentation alone...Apparently the the masses wan't Mr. Rogers to politely tell them how incredibly screwed they are and have been...

B) convinces the rest of the "truth-seekers" to keep their collective well informed facts to a soft-spoken plea in fear of discrediting themselves...they will talk above a whisper on alternative sites where no one cares and no one listens....until the bitter end...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I agree that this is gonna be awful. I worry for Alex Jones here. Piers Morgan is a ruthless mercenary. Thoroughly narcisstic and nasty. But even worse than that, he is very very sharp and intelligent, extremely articulate and bullish in his opinions. Alex could be strung up here by this guy. Alex has great ammunition to use, such as the fema camps and the bullets being parcelled out to all of the states but unless he is wary, Morgan will focus on the weakpoints and rip him apart. I would say just to make sure he wins he will have anti gun lobbyists in the audience who may boo and put pressure on Alex. Alex is great once everybody agrees with him, but that wont be the case here. Remember Piers Morgan was virtually kicked out of England due to dodgy dealings when he was an editor of a large paper.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
There is a lot of woe-is-me hand wringing going on.

I have no problem with what Alex Jones did.

No one watches Pierce Morgan. Those that do are died in the wool liberals who wanted to take your guns anyway.

Alex could have been nice and calm and played along in the so-called debate in which Morgan framed all of the questions and moderated. I don't call that a debate, I call it an ambush.

Alex Jones knew going in that he had only a few moments to communicate information that none of those CNN viewers have ever heard or will ever hear. He knew he would be constantly interrupted and tried to put back on to Morgan's script for attacking the 2nd amendment.

Alex was not talking to the CNN viewers or what you think might be so-called moderates on the issue of the 2nd amendment. This wasn't a campaign speech for retaining our rights. He was speaking directly to Morgan, CNN, and the people behind them.

He said:

a) Pierce Morgan, you are a hatchet man, a criminal, and a foreigner with no legitimate viewpoint in the debate on the American 2nd amendment.

b) That overall violent crime increased when guns were banned in England. Pierce ignored this trying to point to only England's gun-based violent crime while ignoring all others.

c) That they WILL NOT succeed in taking them.

d) That the legitimate reason behind ownership is the defense of the people against tyranny.

e) That drugs are the real cause behind these shooters.

Yes, Morgan tried to demonize Alex using 9/11 and how many guns Alex owned. Yes, Alex was a character but I understand Alex. He isn't playing this BS game anymore. He understands he's talking to evil men and he did it well in my opinion.

He doesn't care about all of you people wringing your hands that he didn't convince some anti-gun nut that they should change opinion. He is saying that we are not playing this game. You can't go kill a bunch of kids and then tell us we have to disarm. He is saying if you want to come get them - go for it, but bring a lot of friends (and a lot of guns).

If you heard Patrick Henry or Samuel Adams you might have been wringing your hands as well. "Woe is me, he'll upset the red coats."

Done. Done. Done. We aren't debating this anymore. Accept that the constitution is the law of the land or leave.

edit on 1/8/2013 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join